Playstation 5 release year 2018????????

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
P

That's up to Sony as the Pro uses a downclocked 480 which originally retails at 240 and higher. Does Sony have the engineers to custom create a CPU like microsoft has to limit the cost? Microsoft uses a 1070 equivalent but cost was cut because they custom made their CPU in house. Don't be surprise to see Microsoft Scorpio at 399. The only negative is memory which is why Sony PS4 originally was 399 at launch. DDR4/5 is expensive

Sony has used customization on all of their CPUs. Even the ones in the OG/Pro PS4s. They are a hardware company and that's what they do.

The cell should have been used again, but I know they wanted to go the x86 route to make things easier and cheaper so I don't "blame" them but that cell cpu was a beast.

I just don't see Scorpio being 399....not with a water cooling solution and those specs. 499 at best. It's obviously not a machine for the masses, but 399 damn near impossible with what they are putting in there. And you better get a warranty on your shyt!

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Last month, I said you might as well save up for the PS5 instead of the Pro, because Sony is not going to sit idle and watch the Scorpio crush the buildings. It's common sense, and you had xbots saying 2020 :mjlol:

Every Sony head knows Scorpio will be the talk of the town this year when revealed. Switch could kill it as well, depending on their Direct next month. Sony strategy will be to lower the price on all of their systems, come out with major bundles, and announce big exclusives for one year until the PS5 announcement next year. Watch and see.
The Scorpio isn't crushing bldgs. Oh and watch Microsoft count scorpio numbers with the xone numbers. This shyt is about to backfire on them, I really hope it doesn't tho

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Breh

aGcF63WK.gif
:dead:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Come on man you guys stream play all the big titles on release dates you are a gamer. Stop referencing those casuals as they don't care for what game or title. Sony sold because of hardcore gamers who left Microsoft and went to Sony. Sony didn't have games for two years and that shyt outsold Microsoft because they had better performing multiplats.. Amazing how history can be forgotten. Sony strongest title came what three years in.

I reference the casual crowd as they are the ones who buy the vast majority of the consoles.

Hardcore gamers did not leave Xbox...they left Playstation (Ps1/PS2) and came back the back half of last gen and firmly this gen.

MS has a games problem, not Sony. They don't have 1 successful new IP this gen. NOT 1. Sony has at least 3 so far (Knack, Bloodborne, and Horizon). Ni Oh is on the verge of getting a sequel. And Sucker Punch will be dropping their NEW IP as well.

The masses are perfectly content playing RDR2 , GTA, 2k, Madden on the regular ps4/xb1.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The Scorpio isn't crushing bldgs. Oh and watch Microsoft count scorpio numbers with the xone numbers. This shyt is about to backfire on them, I really hope it doesn't tho

To be fair the only thing Sony has said about Pro sales is that it's doing a lot better than they forecasted. But the price isn't rediculous so that's not really "surprising". Even then, we haven't gotten a breakdown of their pro vs slim/og sales. It's all lumped together under PS4 sales.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
@Leasy y'all could have the most powerful console for 20 years and still be in the backseat...

I'm not sure how you've talked yourself into some weird space where Microsoft dicates what goes on in the industry

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
@Leasy y'all could have the most powerful console for 20 years and still be in the backseat...

I'm not sure how you've talked yourself into some weird space where Microsoft dicates what goes on in the industry

It's not dictate it's supply and demand. People want high resolution.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I reference the casual crowd as they are the ones who buy the vast majority of the consoles.

Hardcore gamers did not leave Xbox...they left Playstation (Ps1/PS2) and came back the back half of last gen and firmly this gen.

MS has a games problem, not Sony. They don't have 1 successful new IP this gen. NOT 1. Sony has at least 3 so far (Knack, Bloodborne, and Horizon). Ni Oh is on the verge of getting a sequel. And Sucker Punch will be dropping their NEW IP as well.

The masses are perfectly content playing RDR2 , GTA, 2k, Madden on the regular ps4/xb1.

Knack :russ::russ: stop it boy. Just because it's getting a part two doesn't mean it is successful. I will give you Horizon but how many more can they go with that shyt they don't want to be Halo same shyt nothing different. Bloodbourne is just Dark Souls breh.

So we at the same boat no system has a new IP worth mentioned.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

Like to add this is where this generation gets fukked up because gamers care about sales instead of leaving that to the companies.

Microsoft created mutiple new IPs
Sunset Overdrive
Quantum Break
Ori
Recore shyt trash
Sea of Theives
Phantom Dust
Cup head
Below
Ryse

I just think they were close to selling the gaming division like the rumors suggested but they didn't.

Supposedly at E3 multiple IPs will be announced we will see.

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
They can't let Microsoft be the only console that powerful for two years. They have to come out especially if they are saying how good Scorpio is. Remember only mutltiplats are big sellers

And which console has far and away the biggest install base for multiplats to sell big on? :pachaha:Jesus you have no perspective or understanding at all.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
It's not dictate it's supply and demand. People want high resolution.
How when they don't even have 4k Tv's

Where are you getting this info from?

Polls ?

What is the market share for people who have 4k Tv's as opposed to those who don't

The Wii and Switch seem to have done just fine with their sub resolution

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Knack :russ::russ: stop it boy. Just because it's getting a part two doesn't mean it is successful.

Games that aren't successful don't get sequels. Can't have it both ways. It sold enough to get a sequel.

What hilarious is that I didn't cop but you did!! And you said you liked it!!! You directly contributed to it getting a sequel :mjpls:

@Fatboi1 @Cladyclad

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
It's ahead now but what about the people who will convert over to Xbox or who buys a 4K tv this season? Game sales mean a lot which is why you have both companies battling for exclusive timed content but that shyt won't matter for Sony if the competition is pushing out 4K 60FPS.

convert over to the Xbox for WHAT?

Then they will just have a 4k tv that will last them when next gen starts:skip:

yall are really overestimating xbox here