Playstation 5 release year 2018????????

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The question is... Do Sony fans want the to be true?

Dudes in their feelings like that shyt won't happen. Sony know they have to release a 2018 console especially with 4k coming in the forefront. Verizon Fios is starting 4k content Comcast and others.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The report comes from Macquarie Capital Securities analyst Damian Thong, via https://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-expects-operating-profit-to-surge-to-4-5-billion-1493360553, who happens to be the same analyst who accurately predicted the PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro. Thong did not offer any other details about the PS5, and while his predictions were accurate in the past, this is just speculation at this time.

What is Sony doing? They are in the lead why are they reacting instead of being innovative?

I told you nikka. But it'll be 2019 since that's the 25th year anniversary. 3 years after the pro, 6 years after OG PS4.

You don't pass up a marketing opportunity like that and the PS4 will be 6 years old at that point too? Perfect time for the nickel :wow:

Listen to Uncle Rekka. Believe.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
How?

The ps2 launched 5 Years after ps1. The PS3 launched 6 years after ps2.

It was only last Gen that was an outlier. Technology is moving far quicker now.

I predicted 2019 for ps5 :manny:

I said the same. 25th year anniversary of Playstation in 2019. Pro will be 3 years old at that point and the OG will be 6 years old. Perfect time to bring the 5.

I got 5 on it.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You have to be a special type of retard (like Leasy for example) to think this is true.

If it don't come from Sony I ain't believing shyt. I do think they may drop something 2019\2020 with 2018 announcement. Sony won't wait too long to drop.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
wasn't there a rumour of Sony setting out to copy Nintendo's Switch?

Edit: not to be the PS5, but just to make something like the Switch just because.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Last month, I said you might as well save up for the PS5 instead of the Pro, because Sony is not going to sit idle and watch the Scorpio crush the buildings. It's common sense, and you had xbots saying 2020 :mjlol:

Every Sony head knows Scorpio will be the talk of the town this year when revealed. Switch could kill it as well, depending on their Direct next month. Sony strategy will be to lower the price on all of their systems, come out with major bundles, and announce big exclusives for one year until the PS5 announcement next year. Watch and see.
2020 is the earliest you'll see a ps5 :ufdup:
Bro I literally just hooked up my PS4. TODAY. :gucci:
The above post has been brought to you by GOODWILL
Breh, a PS5 is not coming in 2018.
This
Breh my ass dude has been accurately predicting Sony moves recently which make sense because he is a financial analyst etc.. Sony is also doing a price cut later this year as well :jbhmm:
:whoa:

:russ:
Link to the parts in bold?
:merchant:
The question is... Do Sony fans want the to be true?
They will after e3 :smugbiden:
Remember people were saying PS4 would be the last physical console and there would be no more generations after this, consoles are dying or something :dead:

In 30 years time they'll be releasing the PS9 or something and people will still be saying the same thing :beli:
Who said the ps5 will be a physical console? Xbox keeps talking about netflix of gaming with game pass. Thing is, you don't need a dedicated Netflix box. You won't need an Xbox either in the near future. It'll all be digital...
I told you nikka. But it'll be 2019 since that's the 25th year anniversary. 3 years after the pro, 6 years after OG PS4.

You don't pass up a marketing opportunity like that and the PS4 will be 6 years old at that point too? Perfect time for the nickel :wow:

Listen to Uncle Rekka. Believe.
So you think because it's the 25th anniversary people gonna be like "hey, let me spend $500 because of that reason!!!"

:usure:
And this is after spending $800 on a pro and psvr?
They gonna abandon you guys like that?

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
:usure:
And this is after spending $800 on a pro and psvr?
They gonna abandon you guys like that?

Ps4 was 400 not 500. You got that confused with the larrybox

Psvr was niche. Until VR gaming becomes affordable at a mass market price its gonna remain niche.

These mid gen upgrades fukked up the game for many.

Ps5 will be 400 bucks like the ps4. Sony learned their lesson with pricing with the ps3.

Ps3 is still going strong too without abandonment. Sony doesn't abandon their consoles like others.....just everything except the consoles :troll:

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Honestly don't know why people think pro is gonna stop anything.

Probably less than 5% of people with ps4 have a pro. It's a niche device.

NoMorePie

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Neptune
Nah, maybe 2018 is when the announce the PS5's development or some shyt. But I don't see a PS5 until 2019-2020

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I don't see a Ps5 until 2020. PS4 still has plenty of games yet to come out and they will want to give the ps4 atleast 6yrs

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I don't see a Ps5 until 2020. PS4 still has plenty of games yet to come out and they will want to give the ps4 atleast 6yrs

They can't let Microsoft be the only console that powerful for two years. They have to come out especially if they are saying how good Scorpio is. Remember only mutltiplats are big sellers

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
They can't let Microsoft be the only console that powerful for two years. They have to come out especially if they are saying how good Scorpio is. Remember only mutltiplats are big sellers

Scorpio could be powerful as fukk.. but it won't matter if it doesn't have the games. Also the PS4 is so far ahead now...

I don't see any reason for Sony to feel threatened by the scorpio. people would be more likely to buy a ps4 if they don't already have one. Or buy a switch :manny:

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Scorpio could be powerful as fukk.. but it won't matter if it doesn't have the games. Also the PS4 is so far ahead now...

I don't see any reason for Sony to feel threatened by the scorpio. people would be more likely to buy a ps4 if they don't already have one. Or buy a switch :manny:

It's ahead now but what about the people who will convert over to Xbox or who buys a 4K tv this season? Game sales mean a lot which is why you have both companies battling for exclusive timed content but that shyt won't matter for Sony if the competition is pushing out 4K 60FPS.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Honestly don't know why people think pro is gonna stop anything.

Probably less than 5% of people with ps4 have a pro. It's a niche device.

It definitely isn't first choice for sure. It has been selling more than they expected though. Definitely higher than 5% but obviously not as well as the OG/Slim.