Playstation 5 Pro coming in 2024?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
If it were up to me they would make a playstation pro-pro and it would cost 800 dollars, just like how those steam machines were :manny:
I dont see whats so contentious about the idea of a premium console, that gives you more performance options.

At that point, why not just get a PC? Based on how much you post on here, I assume you have at least 2 consoles and a PC, what does a high-end console do for someone with a much higher end option? Even exclusives are releasing on PC after a couple years.

I would love to see the ven diagram on the trade off between graphics and fun factor

I'd take that bet considering many of their games would benefit from a little bit more creativity at the cost of graphical fidelity; especially Ghosts, Horizon and Spider-Man, games that play it a little too safe design wise.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Eventually all those nice 60-120fps, RTX, 4k, etc. options are gonna start to vanish once current gen becomes the norm and studios start pushing high fidelity graphics again.

I know for a fact insomniac ain’t gonna have all those display and performance options for spider-man 2 that they had for miles morales. Thats where a pro model comes in. We’re getting all these bell and whistles cause they games are cross gen/early gen. Its not gonna always be that way.

Not to mention a pro model would benefit VR users

Yes ps5 and seres x can do 8k but majority of people don’t have 8k. Let alone an actual “decent” 4k tv and then 120fps and hdr still might be an issue. Even dolbys atmos is questionable with most tvs.

The best thing that could happen right now is games that are made exclusively to play on ps5 and series x. Once that starts then 4k 60fps is base standard and 8k 120fps is gold.

Plus these games are made to be played on consoles and pc from the jump. So having these types of setting on games is here to hopefully stay.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:comeon:

It's not gonna happen until PS Sony confirms it. Sick of dumb-ass bs rumors. Let it go.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
there's no point way too early
lowkey its as dumb as people who begged for GTA for years
when the last game was already up to par and able to add countless options to expand it
why have 2 of the same thing?

even PSVR is perfect at this point... it would be like doing PSVR3 in the next 2 years. You already got 4k in an amazing product that could last the entire generation
you dont really need to add shyt for at least 4-6 years. Even the 8k shyt seems redundant at this point. PS does a great job at optimizing their games, they dont need to sell marginally better system at this point.

Like one dude said just get a PC at that point
either sell us the omega system for 1k
or stop doing minimal upgrades to change shadows and shyt

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
sony needs to work on dropping more first party exclusives. I don't give a shyt about a PS5 pro. PS5 regular has 8K functionality and my TV doesn't even display that level of resolution, so what's the point other than a cash grab?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
sony needs to work on dropping more first party exclusives. I don't give a shyt about a PS5 pro. PS5 regular has 8K functionality and my TV doesn't even display that level of resolution, so what's the point other than a cash grab?

4k 120hz with ray tracing is the goal.

I can't go back to playing 30 fps unless i have to having the OLED. That unlocked framerate to have higher FPS is hard to not have. Problem is they lower the resolution to hit those. So if you can get those unlocked rates higher than 60fps at 4K with even a bit of ray tracing, people will pay for it.

Do most need to? Absolutely not.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

I can't go back to playing 30 fps unless i have to having the OLED. That unlocked framerate to have higher FPS is hard to not have. Problem is they lower the resolution to hit those. So if you can get those unlocked rates higher than 60fps at 4K with even a bit of ray tracing, people will pay for it.

PS5pro would have to cost hella money for that. Would need a new CPU and GPU. Might as well be the PS6 by then.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)

I'm fine with what we got currently to be honest. but I hear u.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Yep, and like i said before, people are demanding better graphics, more dynamic AI, bigger maps, animations, etc. once developers really start pushing these current gen consoles the 60fps options are going to die

I await the outrage later this year when Spider-Man 2 and Starfield launch with no 60fps or ray tracing