PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds game preview/early access launches on XB1, Dec. 12 for $29.99

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I'm gonna say sales will be solid buy I don't think it will move any consoles in its own. Just seems like it's something people with an XB1 will pick up but not something people will buy an XB1 to play. The community for this game is already on PC.

Very interested to see how this runs on XB1 as well. It doesn't exactly run perfectly on PC and why would it, technically this game is still unfinished

And nobody is playing this shyt on XB1 with keyboard and mouse. If you're gonna bother with that, you're likely gonna just play on PC

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This shyt is going to do well.

Console brehs will get as optimized version of PUBG as possible in regards to controller performance. They won't know what they are missing and honestly, if most console gamers are like me, they won't give a fukk if the core game is fun as hell anyway.

Much like concepts like freesync/g-sync, 240hz, and other computer based features that have been staples to the pc experience - console gamers just don't care until it's available to them.

Now, PC players who are possibly thinking about supplementing their pc w/ a console - yea, they may get a shellshock but those who would loudly complain about it are a minority.

Also, regarding the playing against KB/M users? Brehs, if you play multiplayer games - unless you are looking to get sponsored and make a career out of competitive gaming - you probably won't even know that the players you're playing against are using KB/M and you'll just chalk it up to gamers who are better than you. fukk it. go back onto the battlefield and try harder.

This PC shyt has been so overblown for so long. It's adorable, though.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I have a friend who only plays halo wars and call of duty zombies.

Sometimes he'll play NBA2k, risk, Tropico. I've spent more time than I care to on those types of games. Only reason I didn't get halo wars 2 is because this friend of mine for locked up. It wouldn't even feel right if I played zombies or this without him.

He was ranked in the top 10 in the world at one time in zombies (I think it was during black ops2) anyways, controls, they streamline shyt on Xbox but you still have access to everything. You making it sound like it doesn't, it's just different. Pc centric gamers will say it sucks while not actually playing it, and vice versa :francis:

This won't even be an issue much longer anyway...

Microsoft Confirms Xbox One Will Get Keyboard and Mouse Support
Console RTS aren't on the same level as PC RTS. It's not even comparable in terms of overall scale.
Console RTS have been impressive with their limited controls and hardware though.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Looks interesting, but I don't have the time/patience to get good at something like this. Couldn't imagine myself ever making it to the top 5
you can win without killing anyone (usually because the second-to-last player dies from being outside the circle/zone). it really comes down to how you want to play. a lot of people like to drop into various 'hot spots' where they know other players will be. this usually leads to quick deaths as everyone scrambles to find a weapon. personally I like to start away from everyone, and take my time to gear up, while the above people kill each other

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The PC version already has support for gamepads, like the Xbox One controller, so that shouldn't be a problem.
I think the biggest issue will be inventory management. but I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone is using a controller

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
you can win without killing anyone (usually because the second-to-last player dies from being outside the circle/zone). it really comes down to how you want to play. a lot of people like to drop into various 'hot spots' where they know other players will be. this usually leads to quick deaths as everyone scrambles to find a weapon. personally I like to start away from everyone, and take my time to gear up, while the above people kill each other
The first time I played fortnite I had no idea what the point of the game was.
I ran everywhere looking for someone to fight. All I had was a pick axe. Dude pulled up on me with a shot gun and sent me back to the main menu befuddled. :picard:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The first time I played fortnite I had no idea what the point of the game was.
I ran everywhere looking for someone to fight. All I had was a pick axe. Dude pulled up on me with a shot gun and sent me back to the main menu befuddled. :picard:
lol, you just have to remember that the object is to be the last one alive, not to kill the most people. but a lot of people obviously like to play like that anyway. usually around half the players die in the first few minutes

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Somebody tell this Fool we solved this back when mass effect launched. We got halo wars, there are ways to handle. PC gamers gotta do it all retarded like because you have one hand for movement. With controllers you can pull up a wheel with either hand while moving. Opens up possibilities not possible on keyboard but I digress...

Fortnite is like a kids version of this. Like if it was made for the n64

get shot while pulling up a wheel to find an 4x scope on someone body crate brehs @TheRealfG - Mass Effect is nothing like PUBG , have you even watched a stream of PUBG :gucci: fortnite is nothing like PUBG, theirs not needed attachments or inventory management like PUBG idiot why are you even talking in here you arent even buying PUBG or a xbox 1x or a 4k tv :umad: broke boy

I've never played this game so I'm inclined to believe you to an extent.
Diablo 3 has crazy item management and I find it works very well on console. Maybe not as efficient as a mouse and keyboard, but it definitely works.
Games like Minecraft (not the same at all I know, but just speaking specifically about item management) and Fornite, work well on console.
I would think they can come up with a decent solution for PUBG to translate over well to consoles.

Diablo 3 item management is nothing like PUBG. Imagine have a weapon in your hand and you find another weapon and instead of teleporting to town to see if its better, you have 0.5 seconds to decide if it sbetter before someone shoots your head off for standing still thinking "should I use the KAR or the SCAR" :heh:

This is looting / item inventory for PUBG;

watch the first minute of this video and ask if this will work well with a controller :dead:

Last edited:

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
get shot while pulling up a wheel to find an 4x scope on someone body crate brehs @TheRealfG - Mass Effect is nothing like PUBG , have you even watched a stream of PUBG :gucci:

Diablo 3 item management is nothing like PUBG. Imagine have a weapon in your hand and you find another weapon and instead of teleporting to town to see if its better, you have 0.5 seconds to decide if it sbetter before someone shoots your head off for standing still thinking "should I use the KAR or the SCAR" :heh:

@PS4 is just trolling at this point :yeshrug: he HAS to be :francis:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I think the biggest issue will be inventory management. but I guess it doesn't matter that much if everyone is using a controller

1st person to find ak/scar with 90 bullets will win the game :pachaha: just killing every kid making life decisions looting wondering if the ammo is for their gun :pachaha:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
1st person to find ak/scar with 90 bullets will win the game :pachaha: just killing every kid making life decisions looting wondering if the ammo is for their gun :pachaha:
that's the thing: it's a game where you can get shot at any moment, so you don't want to get caught fumbling around in the menus

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
get shot while pulling up a wheel to find an 4x scope on someone body crate brehs @TheRealfG - Mass Effect is nothing like PUBG , have you even watched a stream of PUBG :gucci: fortnite is nothing like PUBG, theirs not needed attachments or inventory management like PUBG idiot why are you even talking in here you arent even buying PUBG or a xbox 1x or a 4k tv :umad: broke boy

watch the first minute of this video and ask if this will work well with a controller :dead:

I watch that video and day to myself...

Damn, it would be useful to adjust my menu that efficiently.

Yet, I'm going to get over it and attempt to enjoy the game playing in a way that mitigates the affect of controller limitations.

I'll attempt to find cover, hidden pockets, buildings w/ one entry point to take the time to equip what j need to.

If I die while doing it... Damn, it is what it is.

If I manage to do well while making those needed adjustments then...:wow:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As long as there is controller/mouse support, it will do fine.
Not necessarily. It will support that but console gamers are not gonna start playing with Mouse/Keyboards because of this
PC gamers who are tired of paying $2500 to do what the XB1X can do, and want a community to play the majority of games with? Those will be the ones who come to XB1X in high numbers, and the sony gamers who also don't wanna go the PC route.
It has to be considered "cool" before you see people openly talk about it tho :francis:
Inventory has never been an issue on consoles :yeshrug:in a shooting game

First off, you are a full time fakkit. Just wanted to put that out there :handshake:
Mass Effect is a game that handled "inventory" in a way that PC heads couldn't comprehend before they seen it. I'm giving you incite on how inventory "could" be handled. It will be handled, they have a system in place already. How about you slow your Kaitlyn roll :stop:

Fortnite isn't like PUGB? I guess them threatening to sue over the battleroyale mode is just a rumor. Or the fact a lot of us here played it, have you :popcorn: Have you played Fortnite Battle royal mode sir? Cuz I sure do recall jumping out a bus, parachuting with no supplies as I look for weapons as the area circle slowly gets smaller. But if you say its not the same then I'll take your dumbass word for it :tu: Now if you would excuse me, I know you're looking for approval but I cannot give that to you kid :camby:
that's the thing: it's a game where you can get shot at any moment, so you don't want to get caught fumbling around in the menus
If you was really in a survival situation, there wouldn't be menus BUT YOU STILL WOULD HAVE TO FUMBLE AROUND so I don't even understand what your problem is here. Do you want to be able to adjust without the risk of getting taken advantage of? That's real life, and I feel that is the aim here.

Now when it comes to getting supplies, weapons. You start off with nothing correct? By the end of the game do you have 100 items you gotta fumble thru every 2min? If not, this should be an easy console fix imo. Just an opinion. Like, does anyone believe the game will launch unplayable and/or broken? I don't...

Last edited: