Photos of 19th Century Arab Slave Trade of East Africans

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Well what you're rooted in is totally up to you breh. No one said cut a chicken's head off or some shyt, but learning more about traditional African customs and religions is a good thing. For AAs it's good to make it like a re-tracing of steps. So start with other parts of the diaspora and go eastward to the continent. I mean, whatever makes you comfortable whether it's Islamic or African or European is up to you. I just find it more comforting to embrace the things that we Black people made and used.
Black people created arab culture so you're basically cosiging it.

And I feel that ANYONE WHO IS AA SHOULD be allowed to do whatever they want more so than Anyone in the diaspora. We were the ones that were brainwashed and forgotten about..... and now 99% of pan afrikanist are Usa born blacks. We are literally the MOST pro black , yet are criticised the most.

Realistically, America black need to be eventually recognized as the hope of the diaspora.

And fyi , most blacks dont know their tribe. Seems pointless to hype up random ones.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Black people created arab culture so you're basically cosiging it.

And I feel that ANYONE WHO IS AA SHOULD be allowed to do whatever they want more so than Anyone in the diaspora. We were the ones that were brainwashed and forgotten about..... and now 99% of pan afrikanist are Usa born blacks. We are literally the MOST pro black , yet are criticised the most.

Realistically, America black need to be eventually recognized as the hope of the diaspora.

And fyi , most blacks dont know their tribe. Seems pointless to hype up random ones.

I wouldn't call it hype, more like embrace. Plus, you say AAs should be allowed to do whatever when it comes to this and I agree so wouldn't that also mean that their reclaiming of their African roots can be in any form they so choose? I certainly think so. There's AA that gravitate towards Ethiopian culture, AAs that link more with West African culture, and some that embrace all of it simply for the sake of being part of one giant quilt of Blackness. AAs are a major link in fixing the Diaspora, but creating a bridges between all the Diasporas and the continent is just as important.

And fyi, AAs weren't the only ones brainwashed, this is a global phenomenon with varying degrees of severity.

Groanman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
THREE-OH-FIVE TILL I DIE
Yet, we patron their corner stores like no other people.
kaffeetrinker_2.gif

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't call it hype, more like embrace. Plus, you say AAs should be allowed to do whatever when it comes to this and I agree so wouldn't that also mean that their reclaiming of their African roots can be in any form they so choose? I certainly think so. There's AA that gravitate towards Ethiopian culture, AAs that link more with West African culture, and some that embrace all of it simply for the sake of being part of one giant quilt of Blackness. AAs are a major link in fixing the Diaspora, but creating a bridges between all the Diasporas and the continent is just as important.

And fyi, AAs weren't the only ones brainwashed, this is a global phenomenon with varying degrees of severity.
Seems to me

We love Ethiopian and Egyptian.. (AAs love that area just in case you didn't know)

Most AAs have nothing connected to that.

And we cant hype Great empires like Mali because of course... mansumansu was Islamic.

Same nuggas saying "we had libraries in Africa my brother, hotep"
Is the same nikka that doesn't know the library documents were written in Arabic.

Anyway, do we have an ancient west African culture thread on here???? Id like to read it.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
dudes wanna run from their christian owner to their arab owner, its disgusting
Kind of makes you wonder why modern blacks don't follow a religion like Buddhism? As if the only religions we could adhere to had to be forced on us as every other one that was native to us was Damn near erased.
2a8fd06c34043f6ae8f9fc8b9236478d.jpg

We stay trading our culture for other people's :smh:
Damn...This is that real right here!

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
No the fukk it hasn't wtf u talking bout

Wtf you talking about? You and the two people who dapped you seem to not understand the difference btwn NORTHERN egypt and SOUTHERN egypt in ANCIENT egyptian times.
The Kushytes went NORTHERN to take over NORTHERN EGYPT bc they werent 100% of their own blood. Even in the hebrew bible it says to shun tribes who are of MIXED blood.
Kushytes are from SUDAN and slowly overtook lower EGYPT by folloing the Nile.
You honestly believe that what was living in northern egypt by the fertile crescent was the same blood as the Kushytes and all the rest of Africa? Including Ancient Persia?
No. They were mixed up there btwn Arab blood, Mediterannean blood and some African blood. Only reason they mixed with African blood was for strength and warrior type status.
Even Ancient Asian warriors believed if you mixed your children with African blood. they would be greater warriors.

DO some reading.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Wtf you talking about? You and the two people who dapped you seem to not understand the difference btwn NORTHERN egypt and SOUTHERN egypt in ANCIENT egyptian times.
The Kushytes went NORTHERN to take over NORTHERN EGYPT bc they werent 100% of their own blood. Even in the hebrew bible it says to shun tribes who are of MIXED blood.
Kushytes are from SUDAN and slowly overtook lower EGYPT by folloing the Nile.
You honestly believe that what was living in northern egypt by the fertile crescent was the same blood as the Kushytes and all the rest of Africa? Including Ancient Persia?
No. They were mixed up there btwn Arab blood, Mediterannean blood and some African blood. Only reason they mixed with African blood was for strength and warrior type status.
Even Ancient Asian warriors believed if you mixed your children with African blood. they would be greater warriors.

DO some reading.
You think the kushytes didn't eventually help create and then later push Islam??

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Kind of makes you wonder why modern blacks don't follow a religion like Buddhism? As if the only religions we could adhere to had to be forced on us as every other one that was native to us was Damn near erased.

Damn...This is that real right here!
I made a few post in here just now...

And you are free to educate yourself.

You really believe that a black person is wrong for practicing islam?

There never was an Islamic slave trade. That a term that white supremacist organizations came up with in the last hundred years and some blacks followed and latched on too.

There was a arab cac slave trade and then a Euro cac Atlantic slave trade

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Seems to me

We love Ethiopian and Egyptian.. (AAs love that area just in case you didn't know)

Most AAs have nothing connected to that.

And we cant hype Great empires like Mali because of course... mansumansu was Islamic.

Same nuggas saying "we had libraries in Africa my brother, hotep"
Is the same nikka that doesn't know the library documents were written in Arabic.

Anyway, do we have an ancient west African culture thread on here???? Id like to read it.

It depends on how you look t it. For some AAs, it's a journey to the source. And Egypt and Ethiopia represents the other end beyond their West African ancestry that goes into the beginnings of Black people and their first civilizations. Everyone's journey is different. Some just want to know exactly where their roots lie, and others want to see how far these roots truly go.

I don't think it's anything wrong with big upping the Western Sudanic Empires even with the Islamic influence, but to me that's the beauty of it because we're charged with the duty of re-discovering a way of life that was for the most part snuffed out by Europeans. There were other forms of script though, the Akan have the Adinkra symbols, Nisibidi in Nigeria, etc.

It'd be great to have a thread on Ancient African history. I'd love to learn more about the Kingdom of Kongo and the Angolans.