2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Rooted In what African stuff though??

What would you recommend for an AA

Well what you're rooted in is totally up to you breh. No one said cut a chicken's head off or some shyt, but learning more about traditional African customs and religions is a good thing. For AAs it's good to make it like a re-tracing of steps. So start with other parts of the diaspora and go eastward to the continent. I mean, whatever makes you comfortable whether it's Islamic or African or European is up to you. I just find it more comforting to embrace the things that we Black people made and used.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
This is where the Europeans got their idea of slavery... frm the Arabs.
shyt has been going on in northern egypt since the time of the pyramids being built.
They were too powerful for the Kushytes.
In turn, they made slaves out of some of them.
You had dark skin? You were a slave in Northern Egypt.
No the fukk it hasn't wtf u talking bout

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Except Islam has roots in Africa goof troop. Do you know of the Sana'a manuscript?

I'm Ethiopian, I'm well aware of the African connection. Doesn't mean it was something created and practiced IN the actual continent first. Islam is an import, regardless of the fact that Africans were involved in Arabia. Hell, Islam helped to loosen Africa's grip on the peninsula, isolated my people, and brought a more brutal form of slavery to the East African shores.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
My specific tribe bruh..... so its not me reaching or going to an extreme.

But most people from where im from practice both.... islam is just a way of life.

I don't push Islam... but its strange that half the posters here can say some c00n shyt in one thread then turn around and hate on black Muslims in another

I understand now. From your specific tribe, were you polytheistic? What are some more of your African customs & beliefs; maybe even things you still practice?

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
I'm Ethiopian, I'm well aware of the African connection. Doesn't mean it was something created and practiced IN the actual continent first. Islam is an import, regardless of the fact that Africans were involved in Arabia. Hell, Islam helped to loosen Africa's grip on the peninsula, isolated my people, and brought a more brutal form of slavery to the East African shores.

Lol stick to rap kid.

Edit: and by this train of thought, African-Americans shouldn't even bother with African customs since the cultures from our perspective it would be us importing another culture not our own,

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I understand now. From your specific tribe, were you polytheistic? What are some more of your African customs & beliefs; maybe even things you still practice?
From what I read many of it comes from when we conquered Egypt In ancient times... these are the very black pharaohs you see... not the fukking cac loving sell outs you see after we lost power.
I didn't eat pork before I was Muslim... kushyte religious forbid it, just like how damn near all the ten commandments and all that has roots in kushyte. All Gods under Amon, we are Gods and the earth was all water at one point, from what nikkas say.
I wouldn't say practice.... just things I talked about and looked into. Im more a nikka from Detroit than I am any of that. Plus some things are illegal here.

Im a nubian. Not in the funny way that people call all black people ,lol, ....but in the Im a Nubian way.
that is the reason why they call it the land of the blacks. We are the reason the people In Egypt had maat isis ra bes apedemac.... the reason why Christian people and Muslims say amen aman amon.... ..
Helped create the arab culture in asia etc....

So this is the reason why when islam can back repackaged it was an easy sell to sudan Egypt mali empires. And it was us that fukked up others In Africa after that.... not asian or cac arab, (until modern times)..

But anyway... we are polytheist but call myself a sunni..... my girl was trying to get more orthodox Muslim, but this is why I can't.

Custom... writing copic Christian and Arabic.
Nobody writes old nubian languages.... but if you read translation you see death and burials. Thats the biggest thing. If you read between the lines of my ******ish post and threads... its all based on living other lives. After death. And how we are Gods.
Before Christian writings and Islam... these writings cover punishment, morals and slave laws..
The slavery was different. But now Boys in my avi do stuff the way of the world. nikkas on this site wanna clown me for having military grade weapons... but then diss me saying you should take it back to Africa. Well, where my people are from......
Anyway
Cultural trade with Asia happened before history... so thats why people hate on Africans like they are biting off others when cultural transfer is Africa's longest tradition.