Photos of 19th Century Arab Slave Trade of East Africans

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
Kind of makes you wonder why modern blacks don't follow a religion like Buddhism? As if the only religions we could adhere to had to be forced on us as every other one that was native to us was Damn near erased.

Damn...This is that real right here!

Why follow Buddhism though? There's needs to be a new quasi-religion/ideology that deals with the issues facing black people specifically. I'm not against it from what I read up on it, but it's not gonna deal with the current situation we're faced with. No religion can fix it because they either contributed to the problems or are too antiquated to counter modern day issues.

But a major thread should be made to air this out once and for all. Slavery was an institution. Enslavement was where the commonality usually ended. You'd have to juxtapose the different systems to get an accurate read on it. Certain factors being: Amount of time practicing it, the amount of people enslaved, and et cetera. It's complicated, but it should be done. Air it out, let people see who did what, how they did it, how long they did it, how severe it was. Sunlight is good medicine.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I will never get how people thought that slavery was ethical, especially looking at pictures like these
those are humans there
they don't even look that different from their captors
what make these people think that they can just capture a group of humans and make them bend to their will?
They weren't seen as humans. More like animals. Hell, animals were treated with more respect.
The end.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I made a few post in here just now...

And you are free to educate yourself.

You really believe that a black person is wrong for practicing islam?

There never was an Islamic slave trade. That a term that white supremacist organizations came up with in the last hundred years and some blacks followed and latched on too.

There was a arab cac slave trade and then a Euro cac Atlantic slave trade
I'm just going by what @2Quik4UHoes said...I'd rather research things that black people made and practiced as far as religions go.

I've been wary of the Islamic presence in West Africa, especially in Nigeria seeing as how I am Nigerian, and this thread confirms why I have been wary.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Why follow Buddhism though? There's needs to be a new quasi-religion/ideology that deals with the issues facing black people specifically. I'm not against it from what I read up on it, but it's not gonna deal with the current situation we're faced with. No religion can fix it because they either contributed to the problems or are too antiquated to counter modern day issues.

But a major thread should be made to air this out once and for all. Slavery was an institution. Enslavement was where the commonality usually ended. You'd have to juxtapose the different systems to get an accurate read on it. Certain factors being: Amount of time practicing it, the amount of people enslaved, and et cetera. It's complicated, but it should be done. Air it out, let people see who did what, how they did it, how long they did it, how severe it was. Sunlight is good medicine.
I was just using Buddhism as an example...not really to sugges that as a path blacks should take because like you said many of these have contributed to the problems black people face globally in one way or another.

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
YOu all seem to forget that in the 1700's those slaves were Christian, Hebrew or worshipping their own Gods.
THey were converted to ISLAM by principle.

Please do not believe that African culture has ANYTHING to do with ARABS AND ISLAM.

Islam popped off in 610AD.

The slave trade was at its peak in 660 and was first recorded

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm just going by what @2Quik4UHoes said...I'd rather research things that black people made and practiced as far as religions go.

I've been wary of the Islamic presence in West Africa, especially in Nigeria seeing as how I am Nigerian, and this thread confirms why I have been wary.
Every religion, custom, and modern political practice in Nigeria is fukked up imo.

Actually that's fact so.... you should spend most of your waking moments weary.

Goodluck Johnson and corruption before him are the reason for MOST things wrong with Nigeria.

And fyi... Before the 1500 who do you think connected ancient Nigeria with the rest of the world and gave yall economic power?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
NO. Because the Hebrews are part of the Kushyte blood. NO way did they create Islam. They were made to believe in it.
To be this factual incorrect should be a crime. Your in here talking about Christian was ok for Africa but not Islam, lol..... And saying Hebrews where part kusite blood?? So what if they were? Are you kushyte? Who do you think laid the framework for Judaism Christianity and Islam?

And yes Africans helped create arab culture... dont be a clown Donk. Black scholars even prove it.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Every religion, custom, and modern political practice in Nigeria is fukked up imo.

Actually that's fact so.... you should spend most of your waking moments weary.

Goodluck Johnson and corruption before him are the reason for MOST things wrong with Nigeria.

And fyi... Before the 1500 who do you think connected ancient Nigeria with the rest of the world and gave yall economic power?
I'm not a fan of religion...period.

Frankly I'm just done with this discussion it's putting me in a bad mood.