Photos of 19th Century Arab Slave Trade of East Africans

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

But-b-but-but Somalis are c00ns.

@isthisreallife :sas1:

I saw your little slick comment that Slavery in Ethiopia wasn't as bad as in Somalia.

Truth of the matter is, the whole continent was at it...raiding and selling their neighbours. It's unfair and quite pathetic of the usual anti-Somali crowd to paint it as Somali only phenomena.

@Clean Cut your people killed nearly a million black people in 100 days with nothing but machetes...not even guns...machetes. How savage do you have to be to chop men. women AND children up with machetes:scusthov:

That's not c00ning?....

Murking each other because Belgium divided you up to into light skin and dark skin. So pan-African.

people need to stop confusing ethnic groups and countries. the only ethiopians involved in the slave trade were the habesha. the vast majority of ethiopians are the cushytic speaking oromo and they had NOTHING to do with slavery, in fact many Oromos were captured as slaves by the habesha.

and on the somalian front. ethnic somalians had little connection with the east african slave trade. as my earlier post makes clear, the main culprits were the benadiri people of mogadishu. they were part arab/persian and part somalian.

remember brothers its the mullato c00ns that sold out. not the pure africans. the cushytic oromos and somalians (as far as I have found in my reserach) had nothing to do with the arab slave trade.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Always found this quote interesting:

'I am not a Negro at all; I am a Caucasian' the Emperor Menelik told the West Indian pan-Africanist Benito Sylvian who had come to Addis Ababa to solicit the Emperor's leadership in a society for the 'Amelioration of the Negro race.' Haile Sellassie confirmed that view in a declaration to Chief H. O. Davis, a well known Nigerian nationalist, stating that the Ethiopians did not regard themselves as Africans, but as 'a mixed Hamito-Semitic people (2006, John H. Spencer, p. 306
:manny:that was the scientifically established view at the time. We didnt have genetic sequencing technology. As ive said before in my previous comments, older habeshas were c00nin to get European support
nikka please. the habesha are mullatos descended from the sabeans. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabaeans

It doesnt say anything about the habesha people being the descendent of the sabaens :sas2:

Largely on the basis of Carlo Conti Rossini's theories and prolific work on Ethiopian history, Aksum was previously thought to have been founded by Sabaeans, who spoke a language from the Semitic branch of the Afro-Asiatic family. They were believed to have crossed the Red Sea from Southern Arabia (modern Yemen) in antiquity. However, evidence suggests that Semiticized Agaw peoples, who originally spoke other Afro-Asiatic languages from the family's Cushytic branch, and other Ethiopian groups had already established an independent civilisation in the territory before the arrival of the Sabaeans.[4][a][9]

Scholars like Stuart Munro-Hay thus point to the existence of an older D'mt or Da'amot kingdom, which flourished in the area between the 10th and 5th centuries BC, prior to the proposed Sabaean migration of the 4th or 5th century BC. They also cite evidence indicating that the Sabaean settlers resided in the region for little more than a few decades.[4] Furthermore, Ge'ez, the ancient Semitic language of Eritrea and Ethiopia, is now known not to have derived from Sabaean, and there is evidence of an Ethiopian Semitic-speaking presence in Eritrea and Ethiopia at least as early as 2000 BC.[4][10]

Sabaean influence is now thought to have been minor, limited to a few localities, and disappearing after a few decades or a century, perhaps representing a trading or military colony in some sort of symbiosis or military alliance with the civilization ofD'mt or some proto-Aksumite state.[4] However, Kitchen et al. (2009) assert that the Ethiosemitic languages were brought to the Ethiopian and Eritrean plateau from the Arabian peninsula around 2850 years ago, an introduction which Ehret (1988) suggests was associated with the establishment of some of the first local complex societies.[11]

Over 95% of Aksum remains unexplored beneath the modern city and its surrounding area.

Last edited:

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Weak excuse, just saying.
:beli:technically in the outdated classificatiin system of race, we are caucasion. We still have majority east african admixture Doe. Most of the racial studies in the early 20th century was pseudoscience that isnt taken seriously today.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Weak excuse, just saying.

actually what he said is true. the quote comes in the context of 19th century anthropology that was pushing a theory called the "hamitic hypothesis." a european named Charles Seligman came up with it as an explanation to how the ancient egyptians coulda looked black to the ancient greeks but not "really been black." the europeans of that time were scrambling for an explanation as to why the ancient greeks kept referring to the ancient egyptians as black and the same race as the "ethiopians."

I think this black egyptian does a good job explaining it.

same thing happened in rwanda with the tutsis and hutus. belgians were pushing the hamitic theory and made the tutsis were superior.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
actually what he said is true. the quote comes in the context of 19th century anthropology that was pushing a theory called the "hamitic hypothesis." a european named Charles Seligman came up with it as an explanation to how the ancient egyptians coulda looked black to the ancient greeks but not "really been black." the europeans of that time were scrambling for an explanation as to why the ancient greeks kept referring to the ancient egyptians as black and the same race as the "ethiopians."

I think this black egyptian does a good job explaining it.

same thing happened in rwanda with the tutsis and hutus. belgians were pushing the hamitic theory and made the tutsis were superior.

I'm aware of that, I'm saying it's weak to revert to blaming the white man here...though they do deserve some blame, why is it outlandish to assert that maybe Ethiopians just naturally saw themselves as different and henceforth superior to other Africans? How is that different from what people are shytting on somalis for in here? the Ethiopians have always been a proud and regal people, I highly doubt they were self identifying themselves completely through eurocentric spectacles.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
people need to stop confusing ethnic groups and countries. the only ethiopians involved in the slave trade were the habesha. the vast majority of ethiopians are the cushytic speaking oromo and they had NOTHING to do with slavery, in fact many Oromos were captured as slaves by the habesha.

and on the somalian front. ethnic somalians had little connection with the east african slave trade. as my earlier post makes clear, the main culprits were the benadiri people of mogadishu. they were part arab/persian and part somalian.

remember brothers its the mullato c00ns that sold out. not the pure africans. the cushytic oromos and somalians (as far as I have found in my reserach) had nothing to do with the arab slave trade.
They were, and many oromos were killed or assimilated into the amhara identity during this time. But you have to understand that preceding this period in Ethiopias history is the Era of Wealthy Princes and Feudal lords. Oromia were a powerful nation during this time. Absorbing many semitic groups like the gurage, they expanded into the highland territory of the habeshas. They claimed half of Ethiopia whilst destroying millenia old unique semitic communities. They were threatening the survival of the solomonic dynasty and had destroyed the adal sultunate.

User:Yom/Great Oromo migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It doesnt excuse what the amharas have done (you do know theyve also repressed other habesha groups like Tigray and Tigrenya and Behar Negash which is linked with the Eritrean conflict), but you got to expect blowback. The Oromos were expansionists like the Amharas. They came from southern Ethiopia near borana and populated/colonised half the country. I dont even want to start with Ethiopian politics. Its fukked up the region. Theres always going to be two sides to every story

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm aware of that, I'm saying it's weak to revert to blaming the white man here...though they do deserve some blame, why is it outlandish to assert that maybe Ethiopians just naturally saw themselves as different and henceforth superior to other Africans? How is that different from what people are shytting on somalis for in here? the Ethiopians have always been a proud and regal people, I highly doubt they were self identifying themselves completely through eurocentric spectacles.

the greeks felt the same way about themselves vis-a-vis the blonde hair Germanic tribes to the north. are the greeks not white?

its funny how this convo always involves just black people. folks just love trying to separate black people from one another. the truth is that ALL TRIBES across the world see themselves as different and superior from others. its a natural aspect of humanity. that doesn't automatically make everyone a different race just cause they think so.

Last edited:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
the greeks felt the same way about themselves vis-a-vis the blonde hair Germanic tribes to the north. are the greeks not white?

its funny how to convo always involves just black people. folks just love trying to separate black people from one another. the truth is that ALL TRIBES across the world see themselves are difference and superior from others. its a natural aspect of humanity. that doesn't automatically make everyone a different race just cause they think so.

I don't disagree. My point is that whites and arabs didn't create this separation, they exploited it.

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
No. Race based slavery didn't happen until American colonists replaced indentured servants. These people were being enslaved because they weren't muslims. Muslims can't enslave other muslims that's why a certain group of Africans weren't ever slaves. Maybe, being forced to convert with a sword to your face wasn't all that bad :mjpls:

I was stating what was going on in NORTHERN EGYPT in ancient times, not anywhere else. I even mentioned about the pyramads being built up North using the same lineage of people that built the pyramids in the south. You didn't fully read my post.

Entrapta310

Daps
I don't disagree. My point is that whites and arabs didn't create this separation, they exploited it.

Honestly, the Spaniards did more damage than any other country in Europe.
When you say "whites" are you including them??
Persians hated Arabs and their ways. They had much lighter skin than the Arabs.
You can't generalize a skin color to judge a group. Not everyone who has the same color skin has the same lineage and this thread is proving it.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Everybody exploits difference between people, its human nature. Tribalism at the phenotypic level. You have germans who hate slavs who hate asians who hate other asian all because of how they look. Racism isnt just reserved for whites. Did you know that for a thousand years, african tribes persecuted the khoisands just because they look different. SThe pygmy people have been slaves to the taller bantu tribes from millenia in the congo. It happens all the time. Its wrong, but it does happen

Last edited:

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
I was stating what was going on in NORTHERN EGYPT in ancient times, not anywhere else. I even mentioned about the pyramads being built up North using the same lineage of people that built the pyramids in the south. You didn't fully read my post.

There were no Arabs in Northern Egypt when the pyramids were built and definitely no racial hierarchy built on color.

Entrapta310

Daps
There were no Arabs in Northern Egypt when the pyramids were built and definitely no racial hierarchy built on color.

That's not true. Why were the cushytes so hell bent on conquering Northern Egypt? It's because their land was being taken.
You need to do more research about the fertile crescent and southern egypt.
I clearly showed a picture in this thread of Northern egyptians with their nubian slaves.
There was a heirarchy on color by upper egypt. Maybe not orginally when the land belonged to true natives, but when upper Egypt was infiltrated with Arabs and other non threatening blood lines, there was.
Northern Egypt tried to conquer all those around them. They were not 100% AFRICAN.
Everyoen wasnt to say southern egypt and northern egypt had the same blood and its just not true.
Do research on why so many people immigrated to the fertile crescent. That land was taken from the Nubians.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
That's not true. Why were the cushytes so hell bent on conquering Northern Egypt? It's because their land was being taken.
You need to do more research about the fertile crescent and southern egypt.
I clearly showed a picture in this thread of Northern egyptians with their nubian slaves.
There was a heirarchy on color by upper egypt. Maybe not orginally when the land belonged to true natives, but when upper Egypt was infiltrated with Arabs and other non threatening blood lines, there was.
Northern Egypt tried to conquer all those around them. They were not 100% AFRICAN.
Everyoen wasnt to say southern egypt and northern egypt had the same blood and its just not true.
Do research on why so many people immigrated to the fertile crescent. That land was taken from the Nubians.

Nubians are 1 group of Blacks you dumbass :snoop:

There were Niger Congo, Berbers and Afro Asiatics too...... doesn't make them Arab slow fukk :camby:

You can't provide a single receipt of mass Asiatic migration into Northern Egypt and displacing the natives.

Not to mention, Nilotics tribes do not all see themselves as the same