Phonte - No News Is Good News (DIscussion Thread)

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My reaction when I saw this thread stickied. Been waiting on this for so long.

6a01156f2c3287970c013488226487970c-450wi

LB for life.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man,I wonder why there isnt Elzhi,Phonte and Kanye project. I dont even fukk with Kanye like that but his beats with those two and Kanye's here and there raps would be a dope fit. Anyway,Tigallo always delivers. This project is dope! Thank you 2018!

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
Tigallo killed this. :whew:

That late 30's grown man talk. Youngins might not get it now, but God willing they live to understand :wow:

The shoutout to Combat Jack, Prodigy and Phife :sadbron:

'Cry No More' :mjcry:

'Euphorium' :blessed:
Hey man I'll be 38 this year this is what my music tastes are aligned with at this point. I enjoy my trash raps too but I'll be damned if i went crazy over that Future Thot song that just dropped when you got nikkas almost the same age making music like this.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Hey man I'll be 38 this year this is what my music tastes are aligned with at this point. I enjoy my trash raps too but I'll be damned if i went crazy over that Future Thot song that just dropped when you got nikkas almost the same age making music like this.
I'll be 39 next month. This is the epitome of "grown man rap".

I'm always down to hear older rappers that don't try to fit in with this new generation.

We need to hear music like this.

TinFoilSnapBack

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:patrice:
That's weird. He raps on the whole project. He sings too, but there's way less of him singing than there was on Charity Starts at Home. The only song where he sings for any significant amount of time is the song with Gibbs and the final song.

But again, he's rapping hard on To the Rescue, Help Me God, Pastor Tigallo, Expensive Genes, Cry No More, Such Is Life, Sweet You, Find That Love Again, and Euphorium.

I don't get the singing complaints. Dude has literally been singing since the very first Little Brother song of all time (Speed). Even on his rap projects, he's never gonna NOT sing at all.

I'm not going at you, but I'm not sure what ppl want from this dude. He just dropped a hard ass album for 2018.

:mindblown:
I can't imagine anyone being a Phonte fan and not wanting to hear him rap and also sing. That's part of what makes him as dope as he is IMO.

Thank you!

I don't get the singing complaints, either. Some people just want rappity rap, like on some Wu-Tang shyt, but even them nikkas had singers on the hooks of their solo projects. Te is giving nikkas the hardest bars of the year, and all people can talk about is the singing.

Would they rather hear J. Cole's basic bars and shytty singing on every hook? Phonte is a rapper who is actually musically inclined, and for some reason, a lot of people are very averse to that.