Phil Spencer Is The New Peter Molyneux

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I take back all that credit I gave him. I mean he does common sense stuff but he's typically so full of shyt. He'll say stuff he knows won't happen just to get the pop of saying it like he wants PS4 and Xbox gamers to have cross platform multiplayer or he wants Banjo in Smash Bros.

Mind you this is stuff that if he actually wanted it to happen he could go through the proper channels and try to get to happen quietly and only talk publicly about it when there's something to announce. No he goes to the press with it out in the open but doesn't lay the groundwork to get it done and people give him credit for saying the stuff.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I take back all that credit I gave him. I mean he does common sense stuff but he's typically so full of shyt. He'll say stuff he knows won't happen just to get the pop of saying it like he wants PS4 and Xbox gamers to have cross platform multiplayer or he wants Banjo in Smash Bros.

Mind you this is stuff that if he actually wanted it to happen he could go through the proper channels and try to get to happen quietly and only talk publicly about it when there's something to announce. No he goes to the press with it out in the open but doesn't lay the groundwork to get it done and people give him credit for saying the stuff.
It really took you THIS long? After last years Xbox E3 everyone's eyes should've been open to who he was.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It really took you THIS long? After last years Xbox E3 everyone's eyes should've been open to who he was.
He's done good things for Xbox so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he keeps getting more and more outlandish with it. He knows damn well Sony won't allow cross platform play. Hell when Microsoft was the market leader they wouldn't allow it either. But Phil knows if he suggest it should happen it will paint him in a better light and when Sony says no them in a worse light. It's obvious to me he's saying it for the effect rather than because he actually cares or not that it happens.

The most recent stuff he said about Microsoft needing time to build a strong first party portfolio of games is complete bullshyt when you consider that they've almost been in the console game 3 years shy of 20. Dude is always selling the dream to Xbox fans.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
He's done good things for Xbox so I gave him the benefit of the doubt but he keeps getting more and more outlandish with it. He knows damn well Sony won't allow cross platform play. Hell when Microsoft was the market leader they wouldn't allow it either. But Phil knows if he suggest it should happen it will paint him in a better light and when Sony says no them in a worse light. It's obvious to me he's saying it for the effect rather than because he actually cares or not that it happens.

The most recent stuff he said about Microsoft needing time to build a strong first party portfolio of games is complete bullshyt when you consider that they've almost been in the console game 3 years shy of 20. Dude is always selling the dream to Xbox fans.
Microsoft wants other studios to build a successful game and then they want to buy the studio or game.

They don’t want to go through the pains of building their own studios and taking risks.

Almost all their big ip was purchased, not incubated.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)

He has had YEARS to hire new talent, buy/create new studies or Ips. His comment on Scalebound/Single player games exposed him.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Microsoft wants other studios to build a successful game and then they want to buy the studio or game.

They don’t want to go through the pains of building their own studios and taking risks.

Almost all their big ip was purchased, not incubated.
More that all their studios are attached to franchises that they aren't allowed to stop making. Microsoft probably could have owned Destiny had they let Bungie stop making Halo games but kept the partnership and said they'd fund their new idea. If Naughty Dog comes to Sony with an idea Sony lets them make it. If 343 went to Microsoft with an idea they'd probably tell them to keep making Halo games.

Honestly though Microsoft tried with Remedy and Insomniac to push new franchises and their gamers didn't respond. Stuff like Alan Wake, Quantam Break, Sunset Overdrive all got made and did modest at best.

Microsoft can't really do what Sony does because Xbox gamers want mostly online shooter type games. How many Halos and Gears type games can you have when stuff like Call of Duty and Battlefield already exist?

The type of games Sony makes wouldn't do anywhere near as well on Xbox. It's not to say that they never could have but in the Xbox 360 generation Microsoft was content letting companies like Activision do the heavy lifting and many of their biggest hits were those casual online shooters like Call of Duty. The Xbox is a brand mostly built on competitive multiplayer style games many of which weren't actually exclusive to the brand.

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
:gucci: this entire thread is not about SONY....its about Microsoft...:mjlol: xbox lawst... I can't wait until E3.... Sony gonna bury your bytch ass again...

you quickly tend to forget...:sas2:

Honestly I think gamers should have given Microsoft a chance to test that vision. Ultimately the game share plus possibly games being cheaper on digital because more people would be forced to download their own version of the game would have been a net positive, but gamers fear change and having the decision taken away