Phil Spencer Criticizes Sony For Forcing Customers to Double Dip On Late PC Ports

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
That install based is already upset. Every time a new sony games is announced for PC the staunch sony fans get upset. They will be alright tho. Everybody else DGAF
well i agree, let them be upset. because if i was the sony monster, not one of my exclusives would be on PC day 1. ever

sony phones have android, sony computers have windows, playstations have playstation software. thats my money, and my hw is still valuable af.
want day 1 buy the console

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
well i agree, let them be upset. because if i was the sony monster, not one of my exclusives would be on PC day 1. ever

sony phones have android, sony computers have windows, playstations have playstation software. thats my money. want day 1 buy the console
Stan shyt is bad business. Sony wanna make money.

They say stan shyt out loud, but their actions will always be about making money.

Which is why we went from NO sony games on PC, to ALL sony games on PC, 60% of them day one in just two short years.

Y’all just gone have to find another way to stan :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They say stan shyt out loud, but their actions will always be about making money.

Which is why we went from NO sony games on PC, to ALL sony games on PC, 60% of them day one in just two short years.

WOW, a business is trying to make money! Profound! :gladbron:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

ive only come close to doing that when it comes to nintendo...a whole nother thread. so you cant mean me. i buy some multiplats on xbox (the console) to this day. bout to run some diablo on it when the whistle blows

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
even with that, there is an install base that needs to see value. maybe it would not kill them, but it will diminish value in the hardware without question.
we may never see the effect of that but i bet it would at least hurt
Their value is built by the quality of their work. It's why their customers trust them and it's why they dominate. The overwhelming majority of their customers buy a PlayStation because they want to game on a console and that's the best console. They wouldn't switch to a PC if suddenly those games because available on a PC day 1 because they aren't interested in building or maintaining a gaming PC and dealing with the challenges that entails.

Sony's primary objective is to protect and grow their ecosystem so they'll never see things the way I do. I don't think that subset of customers simply buying those games day 1 on PC does any lasting damage. I don't think PC gamers are involved in meaningful activity inside Sony's ecosystem to begin with. Those gamers are playing Call of Duty on their PCs not on a PlayStation so they aren't buying map packs and other DLC there either.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Their value is built by the quality of their work. It's why their customers trust them and it's why they dominate. The overwhelming majority of their customers buy a PlayStation because they want to game on a console and that's the best console. They wouldn't switch to a PC if suddenly those games because available on a PC day 1 because they aren't interested in building or maintaining a gaming PC and dealing with the challenges that entails.

Sony's primary objective is to protect and grow their ecosystem so they'll never see things the way I do. I don't think that subset of customers simply buying those games day 1 on PC does any lasting damage. I don't think PC gamers are involved in meaningful activity inside Sony's ecosystem to begin with. Those gamers are playing Call of Duty on their PCs not on a PlayStation so they aren't buying map packs and other DLC there either.

You’re buggin, a lot of people own PC’s and own PS5’s or Nintendos. There’s far less reason to own an xbox and pc and microsoft know that and they don’t care. Sony does care, they do not want the majority of or even 7% of their player base on pc to drop the ps5

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You’re buggin, a lot of people own PC’s and own PS5’s or Nintendos. There’s far less reason to own an xbox and pc and microsoft know that and they don’t care. Sony does care, they do not want the majority of or even 7% of their player base on pc to drop the ps5
The market of people who play most games on pc and just own a playstation to play the few playstation exclusives early is WAY smaller and less significant than you think. Sony isn’t sacrificing their growth and earnings potential to hold on to those few people.

If anything them pretending to just flirt with PC is to keep you rabid stan’s in line. But as we can see they are just easing y’all into it. :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The market of people who play most games on pc and just own a playstation to play the few playstation exclusives early is WAY smaller and less significant than you think.

Not according to sony it isn’t. Hence why they aren’t doing exactly what yall been praying they would do all generation. If sony thought they could make more money doing day 1 pc releases they would have done it whether their “stans” liked it or not just like their GAAS initative. They odn’t give a fukk about us, they want to make money just like every other corporation.

If ever they launch a day one single player game onto steam then i will rightfully shut all the way the fukk up and tattoo that L across the belly

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's funny reading the "Movie games lol" crowd suddenly try to hide their pathetic clamoring for these same games to be dropped day 1 on PC as some sort of constructive criticism. I mean it's a movie game, just watch it on Youtube. Sony will do what they're doing because it's what they do.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not according to sony it isn’t. Hence why they aren’t doing exactly what yall been praying they would do all generation. If sony thought they could make more money doing day 1 pc releases they would have done it whether their “stans” liked it or not just like their GAAS initative. They odn’t give a fukk about us, they want to make money just like every other corporation.

If ever they launch a day one single player game onto steam then i will rightfully shut all the way the fukk up and tattoo that L across the belly
Y’all do this each time.

At first hall said they would NEVER release any of their games on pc.

Then y’all said it would just be their B-tier games, they would never release their big games like spiderman on PC

Then y’all said it would only be after like 3 or 4 years.

Then y’all said it would only be after 1-2 years.

Now y’all down to saying it will only be single player titles :mjcry:

So you basing your whole gaming identity for the foreseeable future on like 4-5 games????

Sony stan’s :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's funny reading the "Movie games lol" crowd suddenly try to hide their pathetic clamoring for these same games to be dropped day 1 on PC. I mean it's a movie game, just watch it on Youtube.
Nobody clamoring for shyt. PS5 ain’t some exclusive club.

Sony stan’s goofy as fukk :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Y’all do this each time.

At first hall said they would NEVER release any of their games on pc.

Then y’all said it would just be their B-tier games, they would never release their big games like spiderman on PC

Then y’all said it would only be after like 3 or 4 years.

Then y’all said it would only be after 1-2 years.

Now y’all down to saying it will only be single player titles :mjcry:

So you basing your whole gaming identity for the foreseeable future on like 4-5 games????

Sony stan’s :wow:

On all sonys future single player games, none of them will release day one on steam, or even within a year, if it does like i said, I’ll hold the L