Phil finally clarifies the future of Zenimax and Bethesda games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Phil Spencer on whether Xbox can recoup the $7.5b Bethesda acquisition without releasing on PlayStation:

"I don’t have to go ship those games on any other platform other than the platforms that we support in order to kind of make the deal work for us."

Ekdx7CUWkAEyScW

he also says indirectly that Halo Infiite is still a huge mess!

Phil Spencer has also recently played a new build of Halo Infinite but has no update right now Asked whether they might launch the game in parts (SP/MP), he responds:

"I think that’s something to think about, but we want to make sure we do it right.”

EkdywqJWAAAG31U

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That sounds ambiguous as hell. Are Bethesda games going to be exclusive or not? Yes or no?
He answered the question that was presented to him.

Since jump they’ve said the deal was to add value to Gamepass.

Interviewer asked him if the deal can be lucrative without PlayStation. His answer was a resounding yes.

It’s clear PlayStation won’t be getting those games. There may be individual games or deals that make sense, but as a general rule Xbox games will be exclusive to Xbox platforms.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Xbox hit all the criteria this gen.

Power, Services, Value, games.

Really only thing PlayStation got going for it is sequels to the big PS4 games.

If you aren’t a big TLOU/Spiderman/GOW fan Sony’s hardware is kinda trash :francis:

This post is kinda trash. Actually, not even kinda. Just is.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Xbox hit all the criteria this gen.

Power, Services, Value, games.

Really only thing PlayStation got going for it is sequels to the big PS4 games.

If you aren’t a big TLOU/Spiderman/GOW fan Sony’s hardware is kinda trash :francis:

You are still jumping the gun on this statement. Xbox still has A LOT to prove bro. They have my attention I will give them that much, but I still need to see it come to life.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This post is kinda trash. Actually, not even kinda. Just is.
Tell me what was false in my post?

Does PS5 have the better hardware?
Services?
Value?

Outside of “exclusives”(which we don’t even really know about at this point) what is PlayStation doing better this gen?:ohhh:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You are still jumping the gun on this statement. Xbox still has A LOT to prove bro. They have my attention I will give them that much, but I still need to see it come to life.
I mean the shyts apparent at this point.

The only unknowns are the same on PlayStation. Which studios will make good games remains to be seen. Xbox has the largest game development stable in the industry right now.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
That sounds ambiguous as hell. Are Bethesda games going to be exclusive or not? Yes or no?

These corporate cats are glorified politicians....

ES6 might be the only joint you see on other consoles. The rest, who knows. It's a matter of how fast you want to recoup.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
He answered the question that was presented to him.

Since jump they’ve said the deal was to add value to Gamepass.

Interviewer asked him if the deal can be lucrative without PlayStation. His answer was a resounding yes.

It’s clear PlayStation won’t be getting those games. There may be individual games or deals that make sense, but as a general rule Xbox games will be exclusive to Xbox platforms.
Nah, reading the interview it sounds more cloudy.