Status
Not open for further replies.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
No it wasn't.

The shyt was a 2d console with last minute 3d hardware added to it to compete with the psx and 64. The way they designed the system made it extremely difficult to develop games for it.

That shyt was doomed even before that dumbass surprise release with no games ready. The fact that sega japan viewed sega America as competition just showed how far they had their head shoved up their own ass.
Yup. shyt had 2 CPU’s. Stupidest design choice ever.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans are wild.

Making all kinda excuses, when a former head is telling you Sony brilliantly used FUD against them.

Something they still do to this day, anyone who pays attention to gaming "seriously" should see it unless they are a Stan.

From letting devs and publisher know they'll be or could be serious consequences for making a game exclusive or how it would be much more beneficial to them to make sure a game has some sort of exclusive tied with it or it not being "shown or pushed" at all by them.

At that's just behind the scenes.

But yeah the system didn't sell because you could bootleg games:mjlol::mjlol:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Sony's propaganda marketing was top-tier back in the 90s and 00s. Dreamcast came out with SOLID games from launch, but people wanted to wait for PS2, Metal Gear Solid 2 (without a playable Solid Snake :heh: ) and "cinematic" games that later bankrupted most 3rd party companies from that era. @Knicksman20 can explain this better.

Wasn't until the PS3 blunder of a launch, was when people realize that they been fooled.

Exactly bro. Sega did make some poor decisions that helped lead them to where they are but make no mistake, CONSUMERS failed the Dreamcast. Back then the Sony hype machine was in full swing & then you add on the DVD playability & it was a wrap. That "hype" was put the nail in the coffin. I always said this & someone on YouTube & a written article did a breakdown of Sega's launch & all of the games that came out during it's lifespan & contrasted that with the PS2's first 3 years. Sega was beating them pretty easily lol.

I've seen graphic by graphic comparisons & even though the Dreamcast wasn't as powerful, not only did a good portion of the games look better but they played better. Had the Dreamcast had a full lifespan like the PS2, we would've seen games even more beautiful looking games

This guy's channel does a lot of this All you have to check is the first few mins to get a little idea:

And anyone saying the Saturn was garbage must not have played a lot of the games (especially the imports) from back then lol. It was a good console

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans are wild.

Making all kinda excuses, when a former head is telling you Sony brilliantly used FUD against them.

Something they still do to this day, anyone who pays attention to gaming "seriously" should see it unless they are a Stan.

From letting devs and publisher know they'll be or could be serious consequences for making a game exclusive or how it would be much more beneficial to them to make sure a game has some sort of exclusive tied with it or it not being "shown or pushed" at all by them.

Xbots :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Exactly bro. Sega did make some poor decisions that helped lead them to where they are but make no mistake, CONSUMERS failed the Dreamcast. Back then the Sony hype machine was in full swing & then you add on the DVD playability & it was a wrap. That "hype" was put the nail in the coffin. I always said this & someone on YouTube & a written article did a breakdown of Sega's launch & all of the games that came out during it's lifespan & contrasted that with the PS2's first 3 years. Sega was beating them pretty easily lol.

I've seen graphic by graphic comparisons & even though the Dreamcast wasn't as powerful, not only did a good portion of the games look better but they played better. Had the Dreamcast had a full lifespan like the PS2, we would've seen games even more beautiful looking games

This guy's channel does a lot of this All you have to check is the first few mins to get a little idea:

And anyone saying the Saturn was garbage must not have played a lot of the games (especially the imports) from back then lol. It was a good console

Saturn was a amazing system

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans are wild.

Xbox stans :mjlol:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans are wild.

I dunno what being a former head has to do with anything, he was only at Sega 6 months before Dreamcast came out.

Which speaks to the level of incompetence at Sega. They hired a guy with zero video game experience to oversee the launch of their new console, 6 months before it was released.

And I dunno why you're "LOL" at the bootleg thing. DC used a custom version of Windows which meant people didn't even need a DC to play the bootlegged games. If you don't think that severely impacted it's sales, you're drunk.

And for the record I owned a Dreamcast day 1.

Fred.

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I keep trying to tell people, it was Sony’s hidden business practices and not the fact that it was the first affordable DVD player in the world coming off of one of the most successful previous gen products. Why would I go with GTA 3, MGS2, and Devil May Cry when you got Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio setting it off over there? And if you couldn’t afford both you could bootleg the other and run it straight off the console :troll:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I dunno what being a former head has to do with anything, he was only at Sega 6 months before Dreamcast came out.

Which speaks to the level of incompetence at Sega. They hired a guy with zero video game experience to oversee the launch of their new console, 6 months before it was released.

And I dunno why you're "LOL" at the bootleg thing. DC used a custom version of Windows which meant people didn't even need a DC to play the bootlegged games. If you don't think that severely impacted it's sales, you're drunk.

Fred.
Me too these nikkas would rather rewrite history to fuel a fukking console war I was there I remember this shyt vividly. I LOVE the Dreamcast and still own and play it.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as the Saturn, I can't say I disagree with any of the criticism here but I fukking loved that console for it's arcade ports.

Me and my guys were big fighting game/arcade heads and Saturn had that locked down.
My first real disappointment with that console came from "Tomb Raider". Saturn was supposed to be the main platform for it, but the PS1 port was far better. :francis:

Fred.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Fred.
Peter Moore is actually a very good CEO. He was probably the man who really made the Xbox 360 the juggernaut that it was.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Me too these nikkas would rather rewrite history to fuel a fukking console war I was there I remember this shyt vividly. I LOVE the Dreamcast and still own and play it.

You're around the same age as me, I think, so maybe you remember this.

What was the PC program places like Best Buy and Circuit City sold, that allowed you to bootleg DC games? It was literally an emulator, that let you bootleg and run DC games.
To this day I have no idea how the fukk that was legal. :gucci:

Peter Moore is actually a very good CEO. He was probably the man who really made the Xbox 360 the juggernaut that it was.

I'm saying not for video games, at that time. He had zero experience with them. Prior to Sega he was with Reebok if I remember correctly.

Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.