Peter Moore is still angry about Sony "FUDing" the Dreamcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Dreamcast died because people weren't buying games after it was modded. It was the start of the broadband era and games were readily available online for download and you could burn them and play them with no Modchip. Or the bootleg man had them on the low. I held onto my sports edition, but when I seen GTA 3 it was a wrap. Plus the PS2 being a DVD player also influenced the market, and they had top notch exclusives.

Yes Dreamcast was dope and ahead of it's time. Shiiiiiet NBA 2k NFL 2k alone was dope. But playstation 2 was just a Monster with 5 Heads.

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
It came out a little too early. It was a dope system but I do wonder what would have happened if they had an extra two years to put into it....

as for Sony....business is business :yeshrug:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
People wanted Playstation, I remember these dumb ass dorks at the video game store furiously hawking Dreamcast
:stopitslime: :camby: The FOH
Same nikkas probably still hating Sony to this day :sas2:

man those sega stans dont forget shyt :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol: the company failed because they DID...not sony's fault

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
This... Saturn was a good system that deserves better
No it wasn't.

The shyt was a 2d console with last minute 3d hardware added to it to compete with the psx and 64. The way they designed the system made it extremely difficult to develop games for it.

That shyt was doomed even before that dumbass surprise release with no games ready. The fact that sega japan viewed sega America as competition just showed how far they had their head shoved up their own ass.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Yeah, I’m sure Sony missed his business :mjlol:

And Sony did in fact kill the Dreamcast but not the way Peter Moore describes it. The PS2 was a phenomenal product that destroyed everything in its path. Even the great Nintendo was made to look irrelevant in its wake. Nintendo only survived because the game boy was doing so well or else they would’ve gone the same way as sega. Microsoft only survived because unlike sega they had unlimited money and could withstand the losses.

It’s like saying Apple destroyed Blackberry or Netflix destroyed blockbuster because of FUD instead of having a truly superior product.

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
:what: this wasn’t Sony’s fault. Sega destroyed their own shyt with their internal feud and dropping mad extra hardware and confusing the market. On top of this. Sony tried to link with Sega before the PlayStation came out and Sega of America accepted but Sega of Japan turned around and dubbed it. Damn near the same way Nintendo did them. So they developed the PlayStation and kept it pushin. But if ANYONE knows the marketing back then. SEGA was the ones directly shytting on Sony in the commercials and marketing dating back to the Saturn. Throwing PlayStations out the window and all kinda shyt. They full of shyt with this right here.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dreamcast died because people weren't buying games after it was modded. It was the start of the broadband era and games were readily available online for download and you could burn them and play them with no Modchip. Or the bootleg man had them on the low. I held onto my sports edition, but when I seen GTA 3 it was a wrap. Plus the PS2 being a DVD player also influenced the market, and they had top notch exclusives.

Yes Dreamcast was dope and ahead of it's time. Shiiiiiet NBA 2k NFL 2k alone was dope. But playstation 2 was just a Monster with 5 Heads.
Exactly. Muthafukkas would go to blockbuster. Burn the games and give them back to blockbuster. I LOVE the Dreamcast and check my posting history I’m always praising how ahead of its time it was. But Sega did this shyt to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.