Pete Rock is asked if he would work with CL Smooth again …. The answer is what you think it is #makemybeatsfagg*t part 3 😂

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I mean if you know they never got along but when that phonecall comes for like an anniversary tour of Mecca and the Soul Brother they always on stage together

Even when CL yelled at him about making his beats, he was on the Pete Rock album that year he said it

ajnapoleon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kudos to Peter. Can't have you slandering my name for clicks then come with cup in hand. :feedme:

Beat it :camby:
That’s what I been saying

You can’t go on a I hate (insert name and let me expose it tell outright lies)

But be like Oliver Twist later

Nah B go thataway :scust:

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Pete has the Common sh*t going on now, so he's acting brand new.

Couple years ago, he said he would "love" to work with CL again if he could "get his mind right". So this goes to show, people in music only f*ck with you, if they think it would help them. He feels like he doesn't need it anymore, so he'll go with what's working. CL knows Pete is still mad at him. That's why he said the sh*t he did. And knowing Pete, he's gonna hold that grudge forever, which is what CL said they should both push to the side, for the sake of their fans.

To be real, I don’t even want a reunion anymore. If dudes can't just get in the studio to create without acting like emotional b*tches, then it's not worth it. That kinda sh*t would f*ck the music up. We're good with the projects they dropped back in the day.
Didn’t CL put hand on Pete….. maybe that’s the reason he don’t want to work with him. Can’t be working with unstable minds “jsut for the fans”…

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That’s what I been saying

You can’t go on a I hate (insert name and let me expose it tell outright lies)

But be like Oliver Twist later

Nah B go thataway :scust:
Crazy thing is they was touring in the late 2010s and it was stopped abruptly with PR saying he would never work with dude on Twitter if I can recall. Its not even just the interview you can tell CL is a alcoholic(speculation) so I can see how they would bump heads.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
For the fans man!?!? Do it for the f-n fans!

Yall aint gotta be best friends, kick it or skate together

Just give Corey like 5, 6 beats for an EP or something.

:sadcam:

Hell no.

5 or 6 beats turns into 1 or 2 videos

2 or 3 shows turns into a world tour

And so on and so forth

If you can’t stand to be around someone its soul draining, especially doing it for so called “fans” who won’t show up to even make sure the album hits the top 15.

CL Smooth publicly called that man the most emasculating term in the english language. Thats grounds for scrapping not a damn reunion.

Especially at the age their at. Best they stay away from one another than try to force anything for “fans”.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
CL Smooth has two damn near universally agreed classic ALBUMS as the main vocalist w/ Pete Rock, Pete Rock has no classic albums without CL Smooth, good remixes/placement tracks no classic albums, nice lil instrumental albums but no classics. No timeless songs like TROY etc. , I'm not saying Pete is wack but the fact remains he never reached the high's of his group to justify not continuing, and CL hasn't really rapped a whole lot since.
Pete had a significantly better career than CL regardless :yeshrug:

Very few people can name anything CL has done outside of the Pete Rock albums while Pete has a wealth of iconic beats he gave to others.

dom_p08

Rookie
Daps
Pete had a significantly better career than CL regardless :yeshrug:

Very few people can name anything CL has done outside of the Pete Rock albums while Pete has a wealth of iconic beats he gave to others.
name me 5 of these post breakup "iconic" beats please, and this ain't CL Smooth vs. Common everybody will have they own opinions on that but classic albums are classic albums and the fact remains Pete has 0 since the breakup. And if you disagree post the albums for me I may have missed something.

Daps
Reppin
London
name me 5 of these post breakup "iconic" beats please, and this ain't CL Smooth vs. Common everybody will have they own opinions on that but classic albums are classic albums and the fact remains Pete has 0 since the breakup. And if you disagree post the albums for me I may have missed something.

Album:
1. Soul Survivor

Beats:
1. AZ - Gimme Yours
2. AZ - Rather Unique
3. Common - The bytch In Yoo
4. Black Star - Respiration (Flying High Remix)
5. Raekwon - Sneakers
6. Slum Village - Once Upon A Time
7. INI - Centre of Attraction
8. Ghostface - R.A.G.U.
9. Talib Kweli - Holy Moly
10. Talib Kweli - Stay Around
11. Kanye - The Joy
12. Common - Fortunate

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Because of the albums he did with CL Smooth not really anything else besides TWIY beat which is Nas lyrically blackin out, this isn't a Eric Sermon type situation where he produced multiple successful acts after the breakup, but I don't want no new album with Pete Rock (beats is too soft and edgeless) I want CL on newer style production with a harder feel, CL flow is ill and judging from the reception of Pete's post breakup work their success was 50/50 cause he hasn't come close to recreating the magic of those first two albums with any other rapper since.
Nah you got to be trolling. No way you are serious.

Matter of fact no nikka worth his salt should take you serious with this post.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
CL over some harder beats would be dope.
I think CL still got that fire in him, but he want that magic with Pete Rock.
Not happenin'. Kinda sad because CL had the Supreme Clientele style before Ghost perfected it.
CL ain't a mainstream or bubbling under dude.
Droppin' a project in '95 with Premier would have been good.

...Illmatic dropped the same year as The Main Ingredient.
Blame Nas.

dom_p08

Rookie
Daps
Hell no.

5 or 6 beats turns into 1 or 2 videos

2 or 3 shows turns into a world tour

And so on and so forth

If you can’t stand to be around someone its soul draining, especially doing it for so called “fans” who won’t show up to even make sure the album hits the top 15.

CL Smooth publicly called that man the most emasculating term in the english language. Thats grounds for scrapping not a damn reunion.

Especially at the age their at. Best they stay away from one another than try to force anything for “fans”.
fukk Pete Rock
:sas2: So CL knows him irl and you don't but you both seem to be coming with similar energy at times towards Pete....... interesting

Last edited:

dom_p08

Rookie
Daps
Album:
1. Soul Survivor

Beats:
1. AZ - Gimme Yours
2. AZ - Rather Unique
3. Common - The bytch In Yoo
4. Black Star - Respiration (Flying High Remix)
5. Raekwon - Sneakers
6. Slum Village - Once Upon A Time
7. INI - Centre of Attraction
8. Ghostface - R.A.G.U.
9. Talib Kweli - Holy Moly
10. Talib Kweli - Stay Around
11. Kanye - The Joy
12. Common - Fortunate
good album and good songs no doubt but nothing "iconic", imo

Braman

Superstar
Daps
:huhldup:

It's crazy how Sway can ask the most sensible or controversial question without turning it into a clout chasing drama segment :ehh:

Funny you said this, bc my first thought was kinda the opposite. I got instant Deja vu, it seems like Sway is ALWAYS asking about some reunion from 20+ years ago

Tbh it’s a shytty question. People grow apart we dont really need the explanation. Sway cool so he gets away with it tho