Pete Rock is asked if he would work with CL Smooth again …. The answer is what you think it is #makemybeatsfagg*t part 3 😂

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
Pete has the Common sh*t going on now, so he's acting brand new.

Couple years ago, he said he would "love" to work with CL again if he could "get his mind right". So this goes to show, people in music only f*ck with you, if they think it would help them. He feels like he doesn't need it anymore, so he'll go with what's working. CL knows Pete is still mad at him. That's why he said the sh*t he did. And knowing Pete, he's gonna hold that grudge forever, which is what CL said they should both push to the side, for the sake of their fans.

To be real, I don’t even want a reunion anymore. If dudes can't just get in the studio to create without acting like emotional b*tches, then it's not worth it. That kinda sh*t would f*ck the music up. We're good with the projects they dropped back in the day.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.

Couple years ago, he said he would "love" to work with CL again if he could "get his mind right". So this goes to show, people in music only f*ck with you, if they think it would help them. He feels like he doesn't need it anymore, so he'll go with what's working. CL knows Pete is still mad at him. That's why he said the sh*t he did. And knowing Pete, he's gonna hold that grudge forever, which is what CL said they should both push to the side, for the sake of their fans.

To be real, I don’t even want a reunion anymore. If dudes can't just get in the studio to create without acting like emotional b*tches, then it's not worth it. That kinda sh*t would f*ck the music up. We're good with the projects they dropped back in the day.
10/10 posting

And Pete is a notoriously miserable hater on anything that moves

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s crazy they’ve only put out 2 albums together. The Main Ingredient is a fukking classic. Pete was in his bag on that one.

Both albums were. shyt, you can throw in the All Souled Out EP as well.

fukkin retarded they didn't keep the magic going. :snoop:

King Sun

Big Boss
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

I never seen PR so happy in anything I watched in my life except for the Com Pete Rock show. Even com wants it to happen but he called that man the F word and told the world he was depressed and wasn't cutting his hair. Even years after they went on tour and hand another fall out.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

this is a real post right here. dont get me started. I know how much Pete was charging for beats a few years ago. Pete my guy but Common put that real glow back on his name. I try to keep the personal and the art separate but cant ignore that Pete name been in a lot of shyt in the past few years that made him look funny in the light....whether true or not...

Pete can do an album with Flee Lord but not with CL? :camby:

from the sides of the stories I heard it seemed like Pete was the emotional one and is the one that is unforgiving in this. even on DC. he said some real funny style shyt basically like saying he has grown up but CL hasnt.

I do agree though, in this day with their sounds I dont even care for a Pete/CL album and I would be very surprised if it was even a great effort (unless it sounds like that Skyzoo album). Pete is also right that there are a million producers that CL can work with. today with the market saturation its more about the name...hence why Common is giving Pete a boost.

Pete is being disingenuous if he expects people to believe that a CL album would be received with any less fanfare than his albums with Smoke DZA, Smif N Wesson, or Skyzoo.

Last edited:

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
Like someone said, Common gave him an alley oop and he's acting brand new. He knows damn well what good it'll do for him but that EGO is a mf! If somehow Nas would've done a whole album with Pete, imagine the SH talking Pete would do, you wouldn't be able to tell him nothing! :russ:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I saw them when they reunited for a small tour back in 2004 and were toying with a reunion

shyt felt awkward even then. No point doing it at this point if there's no chemistry or love