Personally, what do you think of Affirmative Action?

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Liberals need to enter the 21st century and let go of affirmative action and other racial entitlements. You guys are stuck in the past with those outdated programs.

KingpinOG

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
At this point the only people benefiting from AA in any meaningful way are white women.
tUDdvpK.png
If that was the case, white people wouldn't overwhelmingly oppose affirmative action and black people wouldn't overwhelmingly support it.

Last edited:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If that was the case, white people wouldn't overwhelmingly oppose affirmative action and black people wouldn't overwhelmingly support it.
It is what it is. Some whites are just plain racist and don't want to give blacks shyts. Others whites oppose it because they feel it penalizes them and they don't feel like they have any privilege over blacks. Honestly I feel like white people have been given affirmative action for 200 years in this country and there wasn't a problem. Now they have a problem with helping slave ancestors. That's fukked up. I support AA in some functions (not all) because 1) I feel like whites do have unfair privilege over blacks in many ways and 2) I feel like blacks aren't play on an equal playing field.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lack of human capital is the problem, and AA cant make up for that.

Honestly, blacks couldn't make up the number differential with whites even if we had equal human capital. Whites have 200 million and we have like 30 million, and that's probably an inflated number. In any Ivy League school, they'll always be far more whites than blacks. The norm should be 12 out of 100 blacks if blacks and whites have the same grades upon matriculation. That's obviously not enough blacks imho. The system is rigged.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ill post an essay i just wrote on this topic to switch it to a class based system. Its terrible, but the idea is alright.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Whites benefit most from the class system and if that's so what the fukk is the point of AA then. AA wasn't put in place to help white poor people. They weren't enslaved and don't suffer invidious discrimination like blacks do. Their problems are on them. Stop sniffing meth and go to work.

AA was put into place to HELP BLACKS recover, not to further white domination of the economy by helping the poor whites more than already exists. What the fukk?

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

Not true, remember black men could vote before white women.
Hv88gKZ.png

women have always been at the bottom of the totem pole, make no mistake. :ufdup:

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
being public has nothing to do with anything, the only companies that are required to have AA programs are government contractors and like i said the main beneficiaries of that are not black

The percentage of blacks working in the public sector is very high. That points to the notion AA in government benefits blacks. I know for a fact AA benefits blacks in public university institutions. It doesn't help women as much as it does blacks. And that's by fukking design. Stop spreading misinformation, you liar.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Honestly, blacks couldn't make up the number differential with whites even if we had equal human capital. Whites have 200 million and we have like 30 million, and that's probably an inflated number. In any Ivy League school, they'll always be far more whites than blacks. The norm should be 12 out of 100 blacks if blacks and whites have the same grades upon matriculation. That's obviously not enough blacks imho. The system is rigged.

I'm not interested in the result to be completely honest, I'm only concerned with the equality of opportunity.

If the race is conducted fairly, and the same person wins every time, i'm fine with it. As long as its fair. :yeshrug:
Diversity, equality of results and all that other jazz can go in the bushes.:camby:

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
The percentage of blacks working in the public sector is very high. That points to the notion AA in government benefits blacks. I know for a fact AA benefits blacks in public university institutions. It doesn't help women as much as it does blacks. And that's by fukking design. Stop spreading misinformation, you liar.

im not spreading any misinformation, there are no quotas anywhere

as far as people that do benefit, its just crumbs as far as i am concerned

AA is not a real economic plan, its not a real jobs plan, AA is something invented by white liberals and black leaders and black people have mistakenly took at as an actual economic plan, AA is not something that would put black people where we need to be

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
K-12 can be fixed by getting rid of the public school system and replacing it with charter schools and private school vouchers

As far as the rest of your post where you are crying like some little bytch I don't have an answer to that except to tell you to stop crying like a little bytch

Aa has little impact on black people, this whole notion that it would devastate the black community if it was removed is a lie

Wrong. This isn't going to immediately fix anything. Black children going to charter schools still aren't performing at a level you suggest. I've looked into this issue and in 10 years there will be only be modest improvement in black performance, if that.

I'm not interested in the result to be completely honest, I'm only concerned with the equality of opportunity.

If the race is conducted fairly, and the same person wins every time, i'm fine with it. As long as its fair. :yeshrug:
Diversity, equality of results and all that other jazz can go in the bushes.:camby:

I guess that's your position then. The funniest thing is that equality of opportunity is a farce. There is no such thing as equality of opportunity for everyone. Some people have more opportunity, some have less. A poor black person has less opportunity than a poor white one purely based on appearances. So why you talk about equality of opportunity like it's a fact is beyond me. If whites cared about "equal of opportunity" they wouldn't fix the system and the numbers so they can rule forever under the pretense of "equality of opportunity". AA was put into place to counteract discrimination and I support it as such. Those who rant on about "equality of opportunity" are charlatans.

It's not even about diversity, it's about black people. That's why AA came into existence, not diversity, black people. You should say, "Yeah well I don't care about black people". You should say that and stop hiding behind buzzwords.

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
Wrong. This isn't going to immediately fix anything. Black children going to charter schools still aren't performing at a level you suggest. I've looked into this issue and in 10 years there will be only be modest improvement in black performance, if that.

the only real fix to black education is changing black culture, and the only schools where black kids perform well are schools that address culture

there are a million types of charters schools but overall charters schools and vouchers represent an opportunity for schools to try new things, charter schools isnt a magic bullet, the magic bullet is addressing culture

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:childplease: dude I live and work with these people, how are you gonna tell me.

they hire black people because they have to hire us breh, this has come out of some of these cacs mouths.

This thread is exposing who the cacs are in this forum. Why do you want black people to' play fair' when cacs have never played fair with us? F*** THAT!

I know what these guys are like and they could give 2 cents about you getting promotions & moving higher up if they didn't feel they 'needed you' to make them look diverse. Are you guys really this naive about America :what: We were just talking about this at work last night.

I almost wish they could do away with it just for a few years as a blind test run, you guys would be in for a RUDE awakening0[/b].

Exactly. This is true in the law profession as well.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
I guess that's your position then. The funniest thing is that equality of opportunity is a farce. There is no such thing as equality of opportunity for everyone. Some people have more opportunity, some have less. A poor black person has less opportunity than a poor white one purely based on appearances. That is a natural law. So why you talk about equality of opportunity like it's a fact is beyond me. If whites cared about "equal of opportunity" they wouldn't fix the system and the numbers so they can rule forever under the pretense of "equality of opportunity".

I'm not talking about equality among competitors. I'm talking about the race itself being unbiased. The rules being fair/just. That's it.
The competitors and the results of the competition are what they are.

If the Asian competitors outperform Middle Eastern competitors, then Middle Easterners need to work harder. I don't want the rules of the race slanted to favor them so that the results are more pleasing to the eye.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
it's bullshyt. and i'm a minority.

Why is it bullshyt? And what does AA have to do with being a minority? This is the problem. AA, as conceived by Lyndon B. Johnson, was never supposed to be about Mexicans or other minorities. It was meant for blacks, period. The only reason AA looks the way it is today is because some benevolent cac leaders have had to change it to appease the angry cac masses. That's it. This is a cac country and so if cacs overwhelmingly don't like something--especially something which they feel hurts their personal ambitions--they will find a way to overturn it eventually.

There was the motherfukking New Deal which gave these cacs free education, houses, jobs, training, etc and nobody gave a fukk.