Persona 5 Tactica (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 17, 2023)

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I've been playin them backwards. P5R was my first (and main reason I got a PS4), and I've played P4G PC port, and P3FES emulated on my phone.

Have you played 4? While the QoL improvements in 5 make it look ancient, the dynamic between the main cast was better than in 5 imo. They felt like best friends just hanging out, while 5's cast felt like they were mostly off doing their own thing until it was heart stealin time.
4 definitely has the better cast IMO, that was where they got the formula down. 5 just added the crazy aesthetic and style to go with it

3 is the one that is hit or miss. While there's good there still, the actual dungeon system wasnt set up to be accessible. Your character could legit wake up some days, feel like shyt, and you have to burn a day off the strength of some shyt that has nothing to do with you :mjlol:

MuzzyP

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Carolina
4 definitely has the better cast IMO, that was where they got the formula down. 5 just added the crazy aesthetic and style to go with it

3 is the one that is hit or miss. While there's good there still, the actual dungeon system wasnt set up to be accessible. Your character could legit wake up some days, feel like shyt, and you have to burn a day off the strength of some shyt that has nothing to do with you :mjlol:
3 was so damn emo too. Everything centering around death. Felt like I should have been wearing all black listening to My Chemical Romance while I was playing.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is just a sequel nobody asked for. Even worse it takes place before Strikers. That makes it more like an interquel.
Facts

I liked Strikers but the issue I had was it wasn’t connected to Royal

Edit: I’m passing on this it just doesn’t look interesting imo:manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Thank goodness this is on Game Pass. Don't have to buy it to decide on it. Seems like an ok game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Looking back on this form what I'm reading this isn't even a sequel to Persona 5. It takes place between semesters during the events of Persona 5. Obviously the main game doesn't mention anything from this so nothing that happens in this game matters.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
played 20 minutes or so on gamepass. I’ll prob cop on ps5

Persona 5 cast + good tactics gameplay, they had me at hello :hubie:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Looking back on this form what I'm reading this isn't even a sequel to Persona 5. It takes place between semesters during the events of Persona 5. Obviously the main game doesn't mention anything from this so nothing that happens in this game matters.

Its like when an anime series gets a feature film. Its just a self contained story :yeshrug:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was gonna get this on Steam but if it's on Game Pass I might as well play it there

Honestly I think that was a smart decision.

As I've mentioned before, one of the underlying themes in Royal and Strikers was that the Phantom Thieves were only temporary and eventually they would have to move on with their lives.

Having this game take place during the first one allows them to keep milking the franchise without undermining the core elements of the story.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Was gonna get this on Steam but if it's on Game Pass I might as well play it there

Honestly I think that was a smart decision.

As I've mentioned before, one of the underlying themes in Royal and Strikers was that the Phantom Thieves were only temporary and eventually they would have to move on with their lives.

Having this game take place during the first one allows them to keep milking the franchise without undermining the core elements of the story.
Makes you feel like you’re playing the video game equivalent of filler. The characters can’t grow or progress in any meaningful way and because it was invented out of thin air between points of Royal nothing introduced here can have any real impact.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Makes you feel like you’re playing the video game equivalent of filler. The characters can’t grow or progress in any meaningful way and because it was invented out of thin air between points of Royal nothing introduced here can have any real impact.

Dragon Ball Z: Fusion Reborn streaming online