Persona 5 Tactica (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS5, PS4) (November 17, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I think sega marketing their games through xbox/gamepass is gonna backfire. This should have been something highly advertised through nintendo
I'm very into the Persona series. This game didn't interest me really. The only reason I played it was because it was on Game Pass. If it wasn't I would have just skipped it until it was $20 or maybe even forgot about it and never played it. I think most Persona fans are over the Phantom Thieves and want a different game with a new cast. It's going on 8 years since Persona 5 came out. 5 years after Persona 4 we had an announced Persona 5 and by 8 years 5 was out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm very into the Persona series. This game didn't interest me really. The only reason I played it was because it was on Game Pass. If it wasn't I would have just skipped it until it was $20 or maybe even forgot about it and never played it. I think most Persona fans are over the Phantom Thieves and want a different game with a new cast. It's going on 8 years since Persona 5 came out. 5 years after Persona 4 we had an announced Persona 5 and by 8 years 5 was out.

‘Man Who Erased His Name’ didn’t do well on the charts either

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
‘Man Who Erased His Name’ didn’t do well on the charts either
Disagree because I don't think Yakuza/LAD/Judgment series are that popular. I don't think taking gamepass marketing hurt the game sales that much because this game was meant more for people that are heavy into the series.

Plus, I think persona 5 tactica sales is def more due to fatigue of the P5 characters. I don't think P3 remake will flop in sales, and that will launch on gamepass

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Finished this yesterday, game is dope and the ending surprised me :ehh:

Was concinced they'd go with the amnesia angle like the dancing games.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Finished the main story last night. The tactical combat was a lot of fun, but I still have the same problems I've been having with the story. They keep retreading the same story beats in these sequels when the natural conclusion is to just move on to Persona 6.

And it's clearly leading to diminishing returns. I've seen nobody talk about this game like they did Royal or even Strikers, and the game has only been out for a month and a half and was already buried on page 9 of the Arcadium.

The Royal thread was at least still on page 4 or 5, and that's a five-year-old game at this point. :francis:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is $20 on PS5 on Amazon right now. Copped. Edit Nevermind it says it's no longer available.
2nd Edit: Best Buy has it for the $20.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gameplay is solid but the story is so ass i couldn’t be bothered to finish

After a point i found myself spending way too much time just skipping through dialogue and cutscenes