Persona 5 Strikers (PC, Switch, PS4)

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
I lowkey dropped this game. After the second palace i was pretty much burnt out, and over it. Plus i thought it was mid. The third palace mid so far to. I think i might watch someone play it instead. I'm interested in the story, and characters still. But the gameplay is not on P5R level. It gets kind of stale after a while (i prefer the P5R system). First palace was :wow:though.
I took a break from this game for a week and am at the final jail now

The game is fun but def doesn't have the same feel as P5 and P5R because the villains are even more cookie cutter and you defeat them so fast they barely even have any time to leave an impact on you.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I took a break from this game for a week and am at the final jail now

The game is fun but def doesn't have the same feel as P5 and P5R because the villains are even more cookie cutter and you defeat them so fast they barely even have any time to leave an impact on you.

Yeah i think without the life sim the stakes around the villain don’t seem so grand. Also, your companions don’t feel as important in this game. Like the fact that you don’t hang out with them individually and build real bonds with them outside of tasks make the game feel too 2 dimensional. It’s like either an hour of exposition or an hour of jail.

I also feel like theres not enough diversity in the jails as there are in palaces. I was so relieved to see this snow-y jail instead of this red sky city scape. But yeah...same difference.

I’ve been using like 2 persona for hours. There are so many systems from the first game that aren’t a part of this one and you really start to feel it after 25 or so hours

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
I lowkey dropped this game. After the second palace i was pretty much burnt out, and over it. Plus i thought it was mid. The third palace mid so far to. I think i might watch someone play it instead. I'm interested in the story, and characters still. But the gameplay is not on P5R level. It gets kind of stale after a while (i prefer the P5R system). First palace was :wow:though.
I hate to agree but this is where I’m at also. I’m at the castle in the 3rd palace and just cant’ find the motivation to keep playing. I’m not really sure what the main issue is but I’m not just that engaged with it anymore, i feel pretty burnt out on it. I thought I’d take a week or two off from it but i put it on for a bit yesterday and got bored again after finished a few side quest.
Same here

not a bad game but I just stopped. I’ve been back on TLOU2

I’m on the final palace too. Imma finish it

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I haven't been playing this as much, put it down to play Divinity and Bravely Default 2. This game is good, but it is missing the it factor that Persona 5 and Royal had.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Been on this heavy ever since I got the plat for Ys:9. I'm a fiend for games by Omega Force, so of course I'm fukking with this heavy. :banderas:

Just unlocked that nikka Wolf and Im bout to start wrecking shyt, been looking up on how to take advantage of the fusion system and I'm gone have Joker with a insane load out by endgame :ohlawd:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Been on this heavy ever since I got the plat for Ys:9. I'm a fiend for games by Omega Force, so of course I'm fukking with this heavy. :banderas:

Just unlocked that nikka Wolf and Im bout to start wrecking shyt, been looking up on how to take advantage of the fusion system and I'm gone have Joker with a insane load out by endgame :ohlawd:
There's specific Personas that get the best move for their element. You wanna get them leveled up to that with the boost and amps added.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don’t think I’m gonna come back to this one. I think I’m finally persona 5’d out

I'm gonna finish it, but I really mean it when I say I won't replay this one ever. This game is cool, not a bad game at all, but it took a lot of the 'Persona' out of Persona. No confidants, no social links, limited personas, it doesn't have enough going on to keep your attention very long. If this game had the rest of the Persona elements to it with it's combat though it might be GOAT level though.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm gonna finish it, but I really mean it when I say I won't replay this one ever. This game is cool, not a bad game at all, but it took a lot of the 'Persona' out of Persona. No confidants, no social links, limited personas, it doesn't have enough going on to keep your attention very long. If this game had the rest of the Persona elements to it with it's combat though it might be GOAT level though.

Yeah the battle system is great but the story content and outside activities feels very shallow.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Just finished this game after putting it down for 4-5 months. The credits are rolling right now. This is the second time Persona 5 got me a little emotional. The first game had a happy ending, I guess I’m just a sucker for ‘em

It was an excellent game. Im glad i picked it back up, They really did a great job with the new battle system and still keeping the classic P5 feel to it. The story was also very nice, and ended on a very sweet note. I truly enjoy these characters. They're so unique and the VA's did a great job executing their personalities. They have to be a collection of the most likeable characters in one game. The ending theme music is beautiful, just like in P5. Lyn Inaizumi continues be excellent in that regard. I hope this game's OST makes it to spotify like P5 Vanilla did

Overall a very solid game. I got the full experience, playing on Hard Mode from jump. The Persona 5 series is such a classic :wow:

EDIT: Clear time - 50 Hours and 4 minutes. Ren: LV 62

Last edited:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
And one more thing i'll say about Persona 5 Strikers, and the series as a whole, really. Every time the Phantom thieves split up towards the end, it's always a little emotional. And it's just because I love how much all the Phantom thieves fukk with each other. They're all so different but they're a dope ass group that truly enjoys each other's company. It always sucks to see them depart. The older you get, you realize that you don't need to be a social butterfly. It's even better just to have a small group of close friends that you can enjoy being around. And that's an element of life that the Phantom Thieves show every time they get together.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
And one more thing i'll say about Persona 5 Strikers, and the series as a whole, really. Every time the Phantom thieves split up towards the end, it's always a little emotional. And it's just because I love how much all the Phantom thieves fukk with each other. They're all so different but they're a dope ass group that truly enjoys each other's company. It always sucks to see them depart. The older you get, you realize that you don't need to be a social butterfly. It's even better just to have a small group of close friends that you can enjoy being around. And that's an element of life that the Phantom Thieves show every time they get together.
They’ll be back :therethere: