Persona 5 Strikers (PC, Switch, PS4)

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I'm loving this shyt so far, definitely not Dynasty Warriors though it does have a similar feel to FF7R combat though. This game is Persona, but it isn't at the same time it's kind of refreshing honestly that they are milking a popular product with more good shyt and not trash like some other developers.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm loving this shyt so far, definitely not Dynasty Warriors though it does have a similar feel to FF7R combat though. This game is Persona, but it isn't at the same time it's kind of refreshing honestly that they are milking a popular product with more good shyt and not trash like some other developers.

Yeah, overall I must say it's about practically the classiest way for them to do Persona...for the most part. It gets a lil busy with everything on the screen all at once, but once it starts to click, it flows together pretty damn snazzy.

I just beat the first dungeon. Game is legit challenging on Hard mode. I have no interest in playing on Normal.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, overall I must say it's about practically the classiest way for them to do Persona...for the most part. It gets a lil busy with everything on the screen all at once, but once it starts to click, it flows together pretty damn snazzy.

I just beat the first dungeon. Game is legit challenging on Hard mode. I have no interest in playing on Normal.

I just wish they would of kept the confidants in this, but I already put close to 300 hours between Vanilla Persona 5 and Royal and from what I'm hearing I'm probably gonna get close to 80-90 out of this one, confidants would of added a lot more time to the game that may have drug it out.

Legalese

Banned
Daps
damn you sold me:whoo:

i dont like musou games

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
damn you sold me:whoo:

i dont like musou games

Yeah it aint Dynasty Warriors at all. If you just mindlessly hack and slash in this you will get washed, QUICKLY. @Khalil's_Black_Excellence aint lying though I'm playing through this on normal first go and I have died at least 7 or 8 times already and I'm still in the first dungeon. You definitely need to learn how to play the game.

What battle music y'all doing? I switch between Persona 5 Royal, Vanilla P5, and Persona 3 Hero.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The combat is similar to FF7R, but it is not quite the same, mainly dealing with the speed of battle and teammate AI because this game is closer to a pure action RPG than FF7R. You can honestly get away with never using your teammates in this game because they still attack when you are using another character. In the 7 Remake if you don't switch to your party members and use them occasionally they will stand and wait until you use them because it is turn based.

Also the battles in this game are much faster paced as well. Even the mini bosses and boss fights are quick compared to 7R. It's like comparing apples to pears. Similar, but not quite the same.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The combat is similar to FF7R, but it is not quite the same, mainly dealing with the speed of battle and teammate AI because this game is closer to a pure action RPG than FF7R. You can honestly get away with never using your teammates in this game because they still attack when you are using another character. In the 7 Remake if you don't switch to your party members and use them occasionally they will stand and wait until you use them because it is turn based.

Also the battles in this game are much faster paced as well. Even the mini bosses and boss fights are quick compared to 7R. It's like comparing apples to pears. Similar, but not quite the same.

Yeah, there’s not really a lot of games it compares too. I also didn’t realize how important dodging was also. Coming from DQXI i had the mind set of moving around not being super important until i started getting crushed trying to spam attacks.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah it aint Dynasty Warriors at all. If you just mindlessly hack and slash in this you will get washed, QUICKLY. @Khalil's_Black_Excellence aint lying though I'm playing through this on normal first go and I have died at least 7 or 8 times already and I'm still in the first dungeon. You definitely need to learn how to play the game.

What battle music y'all doing? I switch between Persona 5 Royal, Vanilla P5, and Persona 3 Hero.

One of the dope things about its systems of Persona 5 weakness attributes is that if you do the right combo sequences with your special button as an ender (sometimes you even have to press it twice for the elemental part to come out, such as square, square, triangle, triangle combo with Joker), your special will do your elemental magic attack (totally depending on the persona used in question no less) and it will cost you no SP meter. Thing is, it'll still trigger elemental weakness knockdowns to 1more/all-out attack sequences, if they land. They're riskier, since you have to string the combo first (no need to land the initial hits, just have to do the combo), but it's dope that they still trigger elemental weakness knockdowns and cost no SP. Every character has this in some fashion or another. Some of them have it it different combo sequences tho. I didn't expect this game to be that deep and I'm loving it that it is.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, there’s not really a lot of games it compares too. I also didn’t realize how important dodging was also. Coming from DQXI i had the mind set of moving around not being super important until i started getting crushed trying to spam attacks.

Not only dodging, but stage object useage is pretty crucial as well. It'll get you outta danger sometimes (tho you're not safe forever either) and they perform different interactions. You can shoot cars and they'll explode, causing good AoE damage, you can swing on poles, ride skate boards, shoot confetti and others. These help with crowd control and sometimes are alternative ways to stun bosses.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
One of the dope things about its systems of Persona 5 weakness attributes is that if you do the right combo sequences with your special button as an ender (sometimes you even have to press it twice for the elemental part to come out, such as square, square, triangle, triangle combo with Joker), your special will do your elemental magic attack (totally depending on the persona used in question no less) and it will cost you no SP meter. Thing is, it'll still trigger elemental weakness knockdowns to 1more/all-out attack sequences, if they land. They're riskier, since you have to string the combo first (no need to land the initial hits, just have to do the combo), but it's dope that they still trigger elemental weakness knockdowns and cost no SP. Every character has this in some fashion or another. Some of them have it it different combo sequences tho. I didn't expect this game to be that deep and I'm loving it that it is.

Yep thats why i like Ann her elemental combo is easy to pull off lol

I also liked how this game gave futaba a reason to buy equipment for..

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Not only dodging, but stage object useage is pretty crucial as well. It'll get you outta danger sometimes (tho you're not safe forever either) and they perform different interactions. You can shoot cars and they'll explode, causing good AoE damage, you can swing on poles, ride skate boards, shoot confetti and others. These help with crowd control and sometimes are alternative ways to stun bosses.

Yup I jump to the top of light poles and ambush, jump back to the top of the light pole, spin, switch to the party member with the elemental weakness, use the combo finish with the elemental attack and then all out attack them.

Them skateboard things I will chain the skateboards if there are multiples and then use an elemental attack into an all out attack. The combat in this game is really fun, and it encourages you to be creative.