Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
So if Vanilla Persona 5 came out in Japan during September and in the West in April

I guess maybe we get it late February or early March and Persona 5 Scramble in the summer?:patrice:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So if Vanilla Persona 5 came out in Japan during September and in the West in April

I guess maybe we get it late February or early March and Persona 5 Scramble in the summer?:patrice:
The English trailer said Spring 2020 so anywhere from March 20th~June 20th 2020.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Only things they need to work on is Morgana being annoying af with sleep and fleshing out some of the characters who felt tacked on like Shogi chick. Honestly, for crazy long games this was probably the best of this gen next to The Witcher who's combat I didn't enjoy as much as P5 but did better fleshing out all of the characters in the story imo.
They made you sleep so you couldn't easily run through the whole game's social links in a single playthrough. You have a pretty narrow window to be able to max out all your stats and doo all the links in one go.

I still feel like 60 hours is the sweet spot for JRPGs. I did however put about 85 hours into my playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel III and it didn't feel too long. Persona 5 took about 120 hours for me which is ridiculous for a standard non-completionist playthrough. I think I put about 60 hours into the Witcher 3 and got bored with it after about 50 and pushed to the end. Because of that I skipped all the DLC content.

Working a full time job it's difficult to find the time to put into these games that get excessively long. There's also too much repetition required to get a game well past 60 hours of content.

When this goes into the bargain bin I'll buy it. I already bought Take Your Heart Edition of Persona 5 so this needs to be under $30.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
They made you sleep so you couldn't easily run through the whole game's social links in a single playthrough. You have a pretty narrow window to be able to max out all your stats and doo all the links in one go.

I still feel like 60 hours is the sweet spot for JRPGs. I did however put about 85 hours into my playthrough of Trails of Cold Steel III and it didn't feel too long. Persona 5 took about 120 hours for me which is ridiculous for a standard non-completionist playthrough. I think I put about 60 hours into the Witcher 3 and got bored with it after about 50 and pushed to the end. Because of that I skipped all the DLC content.

Working a full time job it's difficult to find the time to put into these games that get excessively long. There's also too much repetition required to get a game well past 60 hours of content.

When this goes into the bargain bin I'll buy it. I already bought Take Your Heart Edition of Persona 5 so this needs to be under $30.
Breh, I wasn't talking about the gameplay (Once you max out the fortune chick that doesn't matter), he's just annoying as hell when he tells you to go to sleep early in the game. The game was pretty much top tier to me that I had to nit pick a little :pachaha:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You get Baton Pass for everyone right in the beginning at Kamoshidas palace .
Instead there's levels to the Baton pass system which gives boost when leveled up.

There's also new areas and changed puzzles from what I seen as well as a few new scenes. The one right after Ann awakens her persona when you go back to the real world there's a small scene before the original one when they're talking at the station.

Example from Kamoshidas palace

I also encountered a new shadow that wasn't in the original one.

Last edited:

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
You get Baton Pass for everyone right in the beginning at Kamoshidas palace .
Instead there's levels to the Baton pass system which gives boost when leveled up.

There's also new areas and changed puzzles from what I seen as well as a few new scenes. The one right after Ann awakens her persona when you go back to the real world there's a small scene before the original one when they're talking at the station.

Example from Kamoshidas palace

I also encountered a new shadow that wasn't in the original one.

I’m glad to hear that they changed up the dungeons. Was worried that Atlus would’ve just added a new enemy type, that grapple hook gimmick and called it a day. Can’t wait to run through this again now.

My only concern is Kasumi, hope they do something interesting with her and not make her Marie 2.0.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I read all the spoilers for the new content and it’s pretty upsetting. Most of the new content is after you beat Persona 5 vanilla’s final boss. This very much sounds like it should have been DLC but is instead them reselling the game at full price for what really amounts to DLC somewhat baked into the original game. I would have wanted to be able to new game plus it at least. I don’t think most people will be happy with this. It’s more like Persona 3 FES than Persona 4 Golden.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's more changes to the base game besides the additional content. I'm in Kamoshida's dungeon and there's been a few changes with some big ones like a dungeon item that regenerates some SP which will make it possible to clear it out in one day from what I've seen.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I read all the spoilers for the new content and it’s pretty upsetting. Most of the new content is after you beat Persona 5 vanilla’s final boss. This very much sounds like it should have been DLC but is instead them reselling the game at full price for what really amounts to DLC somewhat baked into the original game. I would have wanted to be able to new game plus it at least. I don’t think most people will be happy with this. It’s more like Persona 3 FES than Persona 4 Golden.
This isn't true at all. :comeon:

I can tell this is just people from Reddit/Resetera gathering their info from a streamer that don't know japanese rushing through the game.

It's more like P4 Golden.

This is the changes made in Persona 3 FES
  • The number of Personas in the game has increased.
  • Secret videos of the protagonist's dorm mates have been added to flesh them out.
  • Koromaru can now be taken on walks.
  • Several of the Social Links have been modified slightly, such as Tanaka being available at a different time.
  • Several new Quests have been added.
  • New costumes can be worn in battle.
  • A new event involving Chidori Yoshino was added.
  • Naganaki Shrine was completely overhauled.
  • A hard mode was added.
Persona 3 FES

If you read the changes made to Persona 4 Golden and then the ones in Royal it's literally impossible to say it's more like FES.

So far from where I'm at I've seen:

New dungeon areas/layouts like the one I posted above.
New item in dungeons called Ishii that generates SP which makes clearing it in one shot easier.
New Shadows.
A new enemy type called Devils or w/e they'll translate it to.
New battle music
Extra voiced dialogue for previous scenes that were unvoiced.
New scenes(example after Ann gets her Persona awakened, they show an additional scene outside the school that wasn't in the original)
Baton pass being introduced right from the get go and being level based for boosts instead of being a confidant unlock
New sound effects in certain areas.
4K support/load times much quicker.
Various other QoL improvements

This isn't all of the changes mind you this is just stuff I've seen within the first 6 hours.

This is just stuff leading up to Kamoshida's dungeon. It isn't accurate to say it's like FES when FES was minor changes compared to Royal which has big changes.

Not saying whether that's worth it for anyone but I'm just shooting down this false claim that it's like FES more. That's demonstrably false.

I'll be blunt and say if you're reading on Resetera good luck because most of the people there in that import thread are just upset the game didn't become pro LGBT and thus their venting out about that.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This isn't true at all. :comeon:

I can tell this is just people from Reddit/Resetera gathering their info from a streamer that don't know japanese rushing through the game.

It's more like P4 Golden.

This is the changes made in Persona 3 FES

Persona 3 FES

If you read the changes made to Persona 4 Golden and then the ones in Royal it's literally impossible to say it's more like FES.

So far from where I'm at I've seen:

New dungeon areas/layouts like the one I posted above.
New item in dungeons called Ishii that generates SP which makes clearing it in one shot easier.
New Shadows.
A new enemy type called Devils or w/e they'll translate it to.
New battle music
Extra voiced dialogue for previous scenes that were unvoiced.
New scenes(example after Ann gets her Persona awakened, they show an additional scene outside the school that wasn't in the original)
Baton pass being introduced right from the get go and being level based for boosts instead of being a confidant unlock
New sound effects in certain areas.
4K support/load times much quicker.
Various other QoL improvements

This isn't all of the changes mind you this is just stuff I've seen within the first 6 hours.

This is just stuff leading up to Kamoshida's dungeon. It isn't accurate to say it's like FES when FES was minor changes compared to Royal which has big changes.

Not saying whether that's worth it for anyone but I'm just shooting down this false claim that it's like FES more. That's demonstrably false.

I'll be blunt and say if you're reading on Resetera good luck because most of the people there in that import thread are just upset the game didn't become pro LGBT and thus their venting out about that.
I was talking about the new content being mostly after the main game like The Answer is after the main game on FES. There are a few new endings and the new
character
officially becomes available when you reach the new content as well. There's a new final boss but is all sounds kinda divorced from the plot of the main game. I believe if you don't max out some of the confidants you can't even access the new content.

The stuff you're talking about some extra scenes that don't really effect the plot and some of the scenes being voiced and having new enemies sprinkled in. That stuff isn't worth paying another $60 or more for a game you paid $60 for already.

The meat and potatoes of the new story content is after the original main game.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was talking about the new content being mostly after the main game like The Answer is after the main game on FES. There are a few new endings and the new character officially becomes available when you reach the new content as well. There's a new final boss but is all sounds kinda divorced from the plot of the main game. I believe if you don't max out some of the confidants you can't even access the new content.
I haven't gotten that far yet but I don't see what's surprising about that, it's been obvious since it's announcement that the new story content would be in the 3rd semester. I'm not looking nor care for a whole new plot.

The stuff you're talking about some extra scenes that don't really effect the plot and some of the scenes being voiced and having new enemies sprinkled in. That stuff isn't worth paying another $60 or more for a game you paid $60 for already.
There's more to it that I mentioned than just some new enemies sprinkled in and voice updates. You basically are ignoring everything that isn't overhauling the story or changing it. What about the my palace mode? There's a lot more here than some enemies sprinkled in and a scene here and there. I have the game so I know what I'm talking about. I'm not going to tell you it's worth $60 if you weren't in love with P5 as the beginning isn't all that new but it's a disingenuous to suggest there's nothing here besides a few new enemies and voice updates.

The meat and potatoes of the new story content is after the original main game.
If you're only going frame the convo around "new story content" and it affecting the plot then idk what to tell u. The game obviously has other changes interspersed throughout the playthrough that changes/adds new things to make the experience better.

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps

did you beat Xenoblade 2? How long did it take