Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
So thinking of buying this game and noticed that
On the playstation store , Royal deluxe edition is $28 from $70 and just plain royal is $60.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I had the wrong characters for that fight. I was using Ann, Morgana, Haru, and Makoto. I fought that boss at least 10 times. I had to use items to stun the drones with element weaknesses because you pretty much had to wipe them all out in one go or they’d reset if one ran away. It also helps if you play darts and level up your baton pass to the max for all the characters you plan to use.
My issue is sometimes getting the blue enemies down to a little health and one of them not dying which restarts the wave. I feel like I'm probably under leveled but I think the fight is just broken. I'm going to switch to merciless.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Persona 5 Royal Merciless is a fukking joke. :russ:

Unless the bosses critical you. :whoa:

High risk, high reward. P5 Strikers Merciless mode is High risk, low reward. :scust:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Persona 5 Royal Merciless is a fukking joke. :russ:

Unless the bosses critical you. :whoa:

High risk, high reward. P5 Strikers Merciless mode is High risk, low reward. :scust:
Bosses is really the only point where Merciless is tougher assuming they don’t have weaknesses exposed.

One thing that sucks about Merciless is that if you die you go straight to the title screen.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t the other difficulties send you back to the last safe room?

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I got to go back, and get the platinum. I'm like 5 trophies away but i need to speed run a new game+. I'm a playthrough the bonus semester because i missed the social link for it my original playthrough.

Finally about to platinum it. I’m at 98% (one trophy away) right now. Took a loooong time but i’m halfway through (i assume) the DLC palace in my NG+. That last week in December onward is a completely different/better section of the game when you’re playing for the true ending. I didn’t get the bad ending, or anything like that my first playthrough. But compared to this playthrough that ish was bittersweet, and lackluster. I’m really enjoying it even though I’m burnt out from how long the game is.

I put so many hours in i feel like should’ve been compensated. I was skipping so much, and still it was too long. My X button is exhausted. Next Persona needs to find a more efficient way of skipping things. It’s not really the loading, it’s the long ass dialogue, and unskippable transitions (or slow transitioning). I made sure i got a certain character to level 7 for their insta kill perk. By the time i got to the 6th palace me, and my whole team was already maxed out at level 99, with close to 3 million yen, 999 HP, and Satanael (and the other demonic personas) in my arsenal.

I was literally running through mementos. Every shadow was green, and i was running a train on them (well, in this case a bus lol). Some of the second playthrough i had on Easy because i wanted to speedrun it. But once i got too overpowered I switched back to Merciless. I’m still overpowered though :mjlol:

Last edited:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Bosses is really the only point where Merciless is tougher assuming they don’t have weaknesses exposed.

One thing that sucks about Merciless is that if you die you go straight to the title screen.

Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t the other difficulties send you back to the last safe room?
Only Merciless.

Superkick Party

Atlus / Ryū ga Gotoku
Daps
Reppin
Hub City
Omfg I FINALLY beat this stupid ass boss. The fact that putting it on the HARDEST difficulty was the best way to beat him shows that it was broken to begin with. :francis:
Yeeep whoever re-designed that fight in particular was on somethin when they did it :dead:

But congrats breh :salute: rest of the game is smooth sailing now, and you better keep Merciless difficulty on :ufdup:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Omfg I FINALLY beat this stupid ass boss. The fact that putting it on the HARDEST difficulty was the best way to beat him shows that it was broken to begin with. :francis:
It wasn’t broken they changed it from the original game to purposely make it harder. The boss was a pushover in the original.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, that space station boss was a breath of fresh air for me, it was hard as hell but everything else is pretty easy so it felt nice to have a challenging boss. I almost think the changes made the bosses easier, especially madarame.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It wasn’t broken they changed it from the original game to purposely make it harder. The boss was a pushover in the original.
They overdid it imo. The 2 round to kill criteria made it very hard. Everything else was pretty easy during the fight except when you get to the blue robots and then the green ones.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah, that space station boss was a breath of fresh air for me, it was hard as hell but everything else is pretty easy so it felt nice to have a challenging boss. I almost think the changes made the bosses easier, especially madarame.
You really just need to level up baton pass to max and use elemental items for the enemies your characters can’t hit the weakness on. By that point in the game you can fuse high level personas on Joker. Once you prepare the boss is easy but if you go in blind it’s a nightmare.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kasumi's Persona awakening happened pretty early I thought this was going to occur near the end of the game.

Her transformation was spectacular though!
tenor.gif