Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I kinda dislike how royal is the definitive version of persona 5 yet the only canonical sequel (strikers) doesn’t acknowledge it all. I wanted some resolution.

Loved the dragon ball/shone vibes of royals extended story content though.
Royal doesn’t change much story wise. Kasumi it’s kinda tragic what they do with her. Sure she’s a confidant but her scenes are mostly untethered from the main game. For the most part every time you interact with her it happens when it’s either just you and her or you her and Mona. It’s pretty clear that she’s not going to join until the new content for Royal. If she does that then she will literally just join for the final palace. It’s also clear that Akechi’s fate remains unchanged from vanilla. Passed that part and it played out the same way. In fact I’m starting endgame Mementos and nothing of the main game’s plot changed.

I haven’t completed the game but them not acknowledging Royal means 2 characters are missing. Maruki and Kasumi. Neither really change the calculus of Persona 5. In Persona 5 Royal Maruki does interact with the party members once per member that we see up to the endgame.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Keep playing, breh. And make sure you max Akechi's confidante out before December.
He maxed at the scenes at the end of Sae’s palace. He still did the same stuff and Futaba confirmed his fate just as she did in the original game. I think they’re gonna try something else but I don’t buy it. There’s gotta be a gimmick to it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Royal doesn’t change much story wise. Kasumi it’s kinda tragic what they do with her. Sure she’s a confidant but her scenes are mostly untethered from the main game. For the most part every time you interact with her it happens when it’s either just you and her or you her and Mona. It’s pretty clear that she’s not going to join until the new content for Royal. If she does that then she will literally just join for the final palace. It’s also clear that Akechi’s fate remains unchanged from vanilla. Passed that part and it played out the same way. In fact I’m starting endgame Mementos and nothing of the main game’s plot changed.

I haven’t completed the game but them not acknowledging Royal means 2 characters are missing. Maruki and Kasumi. Neither really change the calculus of Persona 5. In Persona 5 Royal Maruki does interact with the party members once per member that we see up to the endgame.

The bulk of the content is at the end for the main game, for sure, but there's plenty sprinkled througout the main story, just that they don't really change anything within it, for the most part. It is unfortunate that they tied Kasumi just to the end of the game like you said tho. Would've made more sense to have her come in a lil earlier so she could've gotten more use.

Keep playing tho.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The bulk of the content is at the end for the main game, for sure, but there's plenty sprinkled througout the main story, just that they don't really change anything within it, for the most part. It is unfortunate that they tied Kasumi just to the end of the game like you said tho. Would've made more sense to have her come in a lil earlier so she could've gotten more use.

Keep playing tho.
I would have just liked to have the option to use her on the last few palaces. I guess it’s better than Golden where the new character isn’t even a party member.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
well guys i gave in and brought it for 29.99:francis: there better be new content worth all the hype
85% of the new content is at the tail end of the game. This isn’t so much a game worth buying for just that. We’re talking about a 120 hour game and the new content is maybe 20 hours. The real reason to play is because you liked Persona 5 and the qol improvements make this much better to play through than the original.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Haven't touched this since it came out:mjlol:

Got burnt out of trying to platinum this game, feels like a slog playing this with reset stats..

I'll get back to this after I finish Yakuza Like A Dragon and I'll try to complete it before Strikers comes out.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

I mean they hint at akechi being alive in the end:yeshrug:

Plus kasumi was the best girl:yeshrug:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Their natural speaking voices are too close to the character voices they do.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just reached the new content and a certain character is unnerving. Almost frightening.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Which certain character and how?
Goro
. He's almost gleeful in how he likes to talk about killing things. His team up attack is him going berserk with crazy laughing. It's a continuation of the last time he was seen. He's become unhinged. Even the way he talks now is unsettling like he's barely holding it together. It's really amplified by the fact that he's become the defacto navigator in the absence of our normal one.

The new content is weird so far. It's been completely on rails the first many days of it.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Goro
. He's almost gleeful in how he likes to talk about killing things. His team up attack is him going berserk with crazy laughing. It's a continuation of the last time he was seen. He's become unhinged. Even the way he talks now is unsettling like he's barely holding it together. It's really amplified by the fact that he's become the defacto navigator in the absence of our normal one.

The new content is weird so far. It's been completely on rails the first many days of it.

I liked the unhingedness.