Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I would love a persona set in america with some black people in it
They really wouldn't have to in order to have black characters. They could have a couple as military kids or something like that. Plus, there's already a black npc in the game, so I'd figure they'd be willing to do it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Finally beat that 5th palace boss. Party of Ann, Mona, and Haru. Put rings on Haru and Mona that let them mirror elemental affinities and Ann used items with a Nuke ring. Darts for level 3 baton pass on everyone. Mostly used a customized Queen Mab on Joker.
That's not Persona. It's about Japan. You're effectively asking for an NBA game where all the NBA players play baseball. Not saying it can't have black people but set it in America and it's no longer the core of what the series is.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally beat that 5th palace boss. Party of Ann, Mona, and Haru. Put rings on Haru and Mona that let them mirror elemental affinities and Ann used items with a Nuke ring. Darts for level 3 baton pass on everyone. Mostly used a customized Queen Mab on Joker.

That's not Persona. It's about Japan. You're effectively asking for an NBA game where all the NBA players play baseball. Not saying it can't have black people but set it in America and it's no longer the core of what the series is.
Just throw in some ハーフ and it'll at least be black. They threw in Ann and she's not even fully asian.

If they could throw in a half white girl they can throw in a half black guy/girl or fully black person.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

The creator actually had a worldwide vision initially for Persona 5, but it didn't happen due to some sorta setback. So it's still possible.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
That's not Persona. It's about Japan. You're effectively asking for an NBA game where all the NBA players play baseball. Not saying it can't have black people but set it in America and it's no longer the core of what
Just throw in some ハーフ and it'll at least be black. They threw in Ann and she's not even fully asian.

If they could throw in a half white girl they can throw in a half black guy/girl or fully black person.

anybody that’s from American or is part American is made blonde in anime.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Kasumi’s awakening was so weird. They should have found a better way to integrate it into the game.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just got back to the first major plot twist where you replay the start of the game. I forgot how shaky of a plot twist it was. It's so rough it kinda snaps the suspension of disbelief. 95 hours and I still probably have 35 left.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
keep hearing folks talk about this...not into JRPGs but persona 5 is free so it wouldn’t hurt to try it...from my understanding it’s essentially the same as royal right?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
keep hearing folks talk about this...not into JRPGs but persona 5 is free so it wouldn’t hurt to try it...from my understanding it’s essentially the same as royal right?
Having played both I wouldn't play Persona 5 over Royal even if it was free. Royal is $30 at Best Buy right now and the changes on the quality of life side make it more than worth paying that. From a story standpoint it's much the same game but the gameplay is way better on Royal.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

I wouldn't be able to go back to playing Vanilla Persona 5 after playing Royal. That's how much they improved the game, it would probably be like trying to go back and play Assassins Creed 1 after playing Assassins Creed 2.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Having played both I wouldn't play Persona 5 over Royal even if it was free. Royal is $30 at Best Buy right now and the changes on the quality of life side make it more than worth paying that. From a story standpoint it's much the same game but the gameplay is way better on Royal.

nah...I really don’t mess with JRPGs like that to run out and buy it on a whim...plus I have a DE so I couldn’t buy it at that price even if I wanted to...I’ll play the free joint and worse case scenario I don’t like it and k.i.m or I end up enjoying it early on to the point that I say fukk it lemme stop playing it and buy the royal version

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't be able to go back to playing Vanilla Persona 5 after playing Royal. That's how much they improved the game, it would probably be like trying to go back and play Assassins Creed 1 after playing Assassins Creed 2.

unfortunately you’re talking to the only weirdo who like AC1 more than AC2...I get what you’re saying tho...I might enjoy it since I haven’t been exposed to royal yet...matter fact lemme download it and play it now

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
unfortunately you’re talking to the only weirdo who like AC1 more than AC2...I get what you’re saying tho...I might enjoy it since I haven’t been exposed to royal yet...matter fact lemme download it and play it now

Give it until the end of the second palace. If you know you like it and want to finish the game I would recommend stopping and getting the Royal version since you would have to restart and you can get to the end of the second palace in about 20 hours, 30 if you are dragging your feet. The Royal version really is better bro, once you play vanilla and you switch to Royal you will see what we talking about.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Give it until the end of the second palace. If you know you like it and want to finish the game I would recommend stopping and getting the Royal version since you would have to restart and you can get to the end of the second palace in about 20 hours, 30 if you are dragging your feet. The Royal version really is better bro, once you play vanilla and you switch to Royal you will see what we talking about.

maaan it is not gonna take me 20 hours to figure out if I like it just to replay a whole portion of the game for 20 hours to get to the other shyt...I’m about to play for like 20 minutes and see what’s good:pachaha: