Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Finally beat this with that Platinum...my emotions :mjcry:. Feels like I binge watched an 8 season anime.

:hhh: @ any other JRPG trying to compete with this....atleast I can finally get back to my backlog now.

Psycho Akechi heel turn was fire... Joker & him doing the tag team finishers :ohlawd:.

tenor.gif

Maxing out Takemi early and getting everybody that SP regeneration accessory was so clutch

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Finally beat this with that Platinum...my emotions :mjcry:. Feels like I binge watched an 8 season anime.

:hhh: @ any other JRPG trying to compete with this....atleast I can finally get back to my backlog now.

Psycho Akechi heel turn was fire... Joker & him doing the tag team finishers :ohlawd:.

tenor.gif

Maxing out Takemi early and getting everybody that SP regeneration accessory was so clutch

I'm ready for Persona 6 or a remake of 3. P4G is great as well, still mad I slept on Persona for so long.:wow:

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
i have the vanilla but i think i’ll rather wait for scramble which is an actual sequel, than to pay 60 for this, waiting for a 29.99 or lower sale for royal.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i have the vanilla but i think i’ll rather wait for scramble which is an actual sequel, than to pay 60 for this, waiting for a 29.99 or lower sale for royal.

I brought it on sale for 40 just to support atlus, don't even bother buying it, the "improvements" only make the game easier and there's no change to the graphics under than a 4k resolution, but all the textures and effects are the same, no enhanced frame rate, I just played a little of the beginning so i don't know about the extra story changes, but I'd get around to play it when I don't have shyt to do.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Game is on sale on PSN

Is it different enough to buy if I already have P5?

don’t let me down Coli Brethren
Depends on what you paid for P5. I'm looking to get this game for $20 and because I already finished P5 I can wait. When I paid full price for P5 paying about $40 for this is asking too much.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Game is on sale on PSN

Is it different enough to buy if I already have P5?

don’t let me down Coli Brethren
It's mostly the same but with notable improvements.
Bolded the more important parts.
New Content in Persona 5 Royal
  • New character and party member named Kasumi
  • An entirely new school semester has been added, expanding the story alongside a new Palace
  • The new 'Thieves Den' feature lets you visit a huge room full of unlockable bonus content at any time through the pause menu. You can use in-game currency to unlock things like artwork, character models, cutscenes, and music
  • A number of brand new animated story cutscenes
  • A whole new location called Kichijoji is yours to explore, and it's bigger than any other real world location in the game
  • Kichijoji has a club that you can visit with party members, opening up new social and bonding events
  • Kichijoji's club features a darts minigame that enhances the effects of baton pass for each character
  • Kichijoji's club also has billiards. There's no actual minigame, but choosing to play billiards strengthens your relationship with every available party member by a small amount
  • Kichijoji has a jazz bar that can grant party members level ups and stat boosts
  • Kichijoji has a temple where you can permanently increase Joker's SP through meditation
  • Kichijoji has a number of shops that offer new services and items
  • Two brand new confidants with their own perks
  • Akechi's social link route has been completely overhauled, slots differently into the story
  • Some confidants (particularly party members) have additional social scenes
  • New events, such as holidays and additional character scenes, have been added to the calendar
  • New Personas
  • New third form for each party member's Persona
  • New enemies
  • New weapons
  • New armour
  • New accessories
  • New items
  • Two new story endings
Gameplay Additions in Persona 5 Royal
  • The Phantom Thieves now have powerful 'Showtime' attacks -- basically tag-team super moves. They're unlocked one by one as the story progresses
  • All Palaces have been reworked to some degree, although largely they remain the same in terms of layout
  • Some Palaces have completely new areas
  • Joker now has a grappling hook that lets you access new areas in dungeons
  • The grappling hook often leads to secret locations that house 'Will Seeds' -- there are three Will Seeds to find in each Palace
  • Each time you find all three Will Seeds in a Palace, you'll be rewarded with a unique accessory
  • Will Seeds also restore a bit of the party's SP
  • All Palace bosses have been reworked in some way, either with additional mechanics or phases
  • Some Palaces now have additional boss-like enemies and encounters
  • Mementos, the randomised dungeon that you can visit when you have free time, has been expanded quite significantly -- floors can be bigger and there's more room for exploration in general
  • Mementos now has a shop that sells exclusive goods in exchange for 'flowers' -- collectables that you find while exploring
  • A new 'stamp' system has been added to Mementos. Stamps can be found on each floor, and you can spend them on three different bonuses: more exp, more money, and more items. Once activated, these bonuses are permanent, unless you decide to reset them
  • There are new side quests to complete in Mementos
  • Rare, unstable shadows can now appear both in Palaces and Mementos. On death, they explode, dealing big damage to all other enemies
  • The Velvet Room now offers special optional battles that you can take part in for various rewards (this is also where DLC battles take place)
  • The Velvet Room can now go into a random 'alarm' mode, which powers up persona fusion and other services, but may also result in unexpected fusion results
Gameplay Adjustments in Persona 5 Royal (Dungeons and Combat)
  • Ammo now restocks after battle, making guns way more valuable across dungeon runs
  • Some Personas have been rebalanced both in terms of stats and available skills
  • Some enemies have been rebalanced both in terms of stats and available skills
  • The baton pass mechanic has been expanded and is available to all party members from the beginning
Gameplay Adjustments in Persona 5 Royal (Everyday Life)
  • The calendar has been reworked in places, allowing for more free time and additional opportunities to interact with your confidants
  • Morgana doesn't tell you to go to bed quite so much -- you generally get a lot more free time at night, even if you can't leave Leblanc
  • 'Assist' mechanic gives you recommendations on which confidant to visit and which stat to improve
  • Confidants can now call you after you hang out with them, giving you an additional dialogue choice and therefore another opportunity to strengthen your bond with them
  • Some confidants have reworked perks
It has a new battle theme but Last Surprise is still there if you don't ambush the enemy.
It also includes all the DLC costumes and Persona's from the vanilla version and they're OP :mjlit:

Dunno if you finished the game or not but you'll have to start the game from scratch.