Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Depends on what you paid for P5. I'm looking to get this game for $20 and because I already finished P5 I can wait. When I paid full price for P5 paying about $40 for this is asking too much.
i paid 60 for p5

but gameply/story-wise, how different is it from the original?

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
i paid 60 for p5

Gameplay is even more streamlined and some QOL updates, but it's mostly everything that was already there. One main change for gameplay tho is that there's a bit more depth to technicals, both in how to set them up and how to acquire them via side activities. Story-wise is the same about 80-85% of it, just that the two new characters are sprinkled all throughout the main story, but doesn't change too much, just adds their points into the true end game mostly rather than change anything. There's actually quite a lot of new scenes and dialogue, but it's so sprinkled throughout that unless you have so recently beaten original, you might only notice a few changes or when the new characters have their spots. It's what happens after the main regular story ends as to where all the significance of new content comes to play regard the two new characters and getting another ending.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
It's mostly the same but with notable improvements.
Bolded the more important parts.

It has a new battle theme but Last Surprise is still there if you don't ambush the enemy.
It also includes all the DLC costumes and Persona's from the vanilla version and they're OP :mjlit:

Dunno if you finished the game or not but you'll have to start the game from scratch.
i beat P5 2 years ago but i cant beat those damn twins. :mjcry:

But i might wait until later. Or i might not get it if PS5 comes out and i cant play it on there

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
i paid 60 for p5

Currently on a 2nd playthrough in Royal. Think its different enough to get a fresh experience, worth buying for less than full price. You have more activities to do with a new town opening up. Can play darts to increase baton pass bonuses (became my favorite minigame), visit a jazz club with a teammate, meditate at a temple etc

There's a "showtime" mechanic where two party members will do a cinematic super. Most of them are great.

Some enemies will glow blue/purple. If you kill them they'll explode and do collateral damage to other enemies, also give you a special item. But if you hit them and they don't die then they'll attack right back.

Morgana doesn't restrict you from exploring the city as much. So you have more time to do what you want.

Palaces have a new side objective - collecting three hidden items (will seeds) that will give you a special accessory, and also restore some health/SP. Joker also has a grappling hook that he can use to access certain ledges. Palaces have been reworked around that.

You can press the home button and to get a fast travel prompt on what to do next, like visit a specific confident or do an activity. The best QOL change to me.

There's two more confidants. One of them allows you to do a 3rd semester which extends the game by a lot (I didn't realize this until AFTER the first playthrough, though....gotta max him before a certain date). Apparently in this semester you can do a 3rd transformation of your confidants personas.

There's a traveling merchant in Mementos who you can unlock rewards from by collecting items in your path. Makes Mementos more fun.

There's The Thieves Den which is like a trophy room where you can organize all of your in game achievements and spend points to unlock stuff. Gives you more incentive to do certain activities, like working out in your room and in the gym until you can do bruce lee moves on that training dummy. Then you get in game points for that.

There are enough differences to make P5 obsolete. Worth getting on sale

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m playing this again because I didn’t finish it the first time I copped, this game is so dope:wow:

it’s on sale for 40$, I been playing all weekend off and on and wow I love this all over again :wow:

just got done with the first palace I did that in one calendar day, ammo replenishing after every battle is a godsend. This is going to hold me over until November

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Is there any risk and romancing multiple people at once in this game. I got in a relationship with Ann but I was wondering if I should just for multiple relationships

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Game is on sale on PSN

Is it different enough to buy if I already have P5?

don’t let me down Coli Brethren

I paid $60 for both like the Persona simp that I am...got my money worth. Id tell others to wait for a flash sale to cop again just to get the 3rd semester.

Is there any risk and romancing multiple people at once in this game. I got in a relationship with Ann but I was wondering if I should just for multiple relationships

I went after all of them:shaq:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I romanced everybody and
got my ass whooped at the end and ended up alone. :mjgrin: