Persona 5 Royal | PS4 | PC/PS5/SW/XSX/S,XBO 10/21/22

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Haru turned into a real goon towards the end when she wanted to kill Akechi if he betrayed the team again :dead:
I mean dude did kill her dad. She was probably ready to fukk him up for awhile. :russ:
I love it when you go into maruki palace. Akechi being a psycho. kasumi is like was akechi always like this. And joker is like pretty much.:mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
Just finished the 6th Palace

The reveal was some Ocean's 11 ish :wow:

I knew detective boy was shady af but the fact the Squad had been playing him and everybody else from day one is :salute:I was shook too because I actually thought I got killed :lolbron:

:ohlawd: shyt is GOAT
one of the most underrated twists in a game. flipped the whole script :wow:

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Didn't take a break after beating FF7R, so I jumped right back into this right away.

As someone who played the OG P5... Wow. :wow: They made that entire third semester a masterpiece.

Even now, I'm still feeling bad for Maruki because dude just wanted to help people. And in a way, he's just like the Phantom Thieves, but the core difference is that the PT don't rob people of their future. Freedom means being able to fly or fail on your own merits, and even though he gave them the perfect ending, it also means that he took away everything that made the Phantom Thieves who they are. It's not necessarily a "wrong" choice, but people have to ultimately come to terms with their own pain and struggles in order to grow stronger. The PT gained the power of using their Persona because of their spirit of rebellion and accepting the power within themselves. All Maruki wanted to do, in the grand scheme of things, was run away because of how painful his life was. And while it's super real and understandable (I'd wager most human beings do this), making everyone "happy" via his methods doesn't truly answer everything in the long run.

It's like asking, would you rather a lighter load or stronger shoulders? I don't think either answer is wrong, because everyone's different. But to take away the fundamental part of what life is all about... It's not the answer. A world where everyone is happy is a wonderful thing to aspire to, but views clash all the time. What would Maruki's answer to stuff like that? Even in his Palace with the psychological evaluation, it's all about what HIS stance would be on certain matters, not taking into account that not everyone has the same view (even if they still may be in overall agreement). That's why Akechi of all people rejected it, because if you're forcing people to have the same viewpoint as you and just be "happy" without their willpower or efforts being considered... That's brainwashing. None of it is "truly" real. But then again, in a series with different worlds regarding shadows and mystical powers involving the inner strength of oneself... What really IS reality, anyway?

From the added music, new battle mechanics and Persona to the entire atmosphere of the third semester... They did an amazing job. I think they truly nailed P5's theme of rebellion and what that means to continue to fight for your values and ideals, even at the cost of your own happiness.

I can't wait for Persona 5 Scramble to come through and knock the buildings down. :wow:

Professor K.

rap game Paul Millsap
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
Thought I got swindled buying this, took me a minute to get through the Kamoshida arc since it all felt the same. Got into Madarame's temple and found my groove again :banderas:between all the new mechanics finally starting to kick in and me forgetting 85% of what happened after Kamoshida I feel like I'm playing a whole new game. Got me back to my old ways, pulling all nighters tryna smut out my teacher while my girl sleep in the next room :wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I put over 100 hours into the OG game, and once I beat old boy on the boat palace thinking it was done, they threw ANOTHER palace in there. :sadcam:

Thinking about upgrading to Royal and restarting, but DAMN this game is long. :to:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yeah Royal is a better version. A lot more streamlined and less grindy. I'm in Kamoshida's palace and this is different than OG Persona 5. The layout and encounters can't be the same.