Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Come back April 24th. It's implied this is a new adventure in the same world as Persona 5 with a female protagonist.
Reading some comments online and I'm suspecting this is just the "Golden" version of Persona 5. The JP version of Persona 4 Golden is called Persona 4 The Golden. Persona 5 The Royal is most likely the same thing. I wonder how different they'll make the femc option.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Reading some comments online and I'm suspecting this is just the "Golden" version of Persona 5. The JP version of Persona 4 Golden is called Persona 4 The Golden. Persona 5 The Royal is most likely the same thing. I wonder how different they'll make the femc option.
I doubt this is a Golden type remake. It’s probably DLC.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Was so close to the platinum trophy had all the confidants but it wasn't till I realised that there was ONE request I missed cause I ranked up Mishima too fast so I missed one..and I ain't bothered to start the game again :snoop:

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I finally finished this game a few days ago. Damn near 2 years after I copped and it put in about 125 hours. I had to put it down and play other things in between since the game was a bit too long, but I have to say it was very enjoyable. I'm a fan of the art work and music. I doubt I'll run through the game+ save. I'll wait to see what The Royal is about.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Persona 5 will be 2 years old by next month, even longer if you count the JP release. Way too much time passed just to be merely DLC. Going by tradition this is a remake.
Given that this is announced only on the PS4 why remake Persona 5 and put it on the same platform it's already on? Golden changed platforms. P3P changed platforms. If there was a Switch announcement I could see it being a remake.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Given that this is announced only on the PS4 why remake Persona 5 and put it on the same platform it's already on? Golden changed platforms. P3P changed platforms. If there was a Switch announcement I could see it being a remake.
This is incorrect as this implies P3P was the first remake. Persona 3 FES was the first add on for Persona 3. They've done this before remaking the game on the same platform.

P3 released in 2006, FES was released in the US in 2008 and in Japan the year before.

P3P was released in 09 in JP and '10 in the US. The precedence is there. I'd be surprised if this is an all new spin off independent from P5.

Last edited:

Chronic

All Star
Daps
This is incorrect as this implies P3P was the first remake. Persona 3 FES was the first enhanced version of Persona 3.

P3 released in 2006, FES was released in the US in 2008 and in Japan the year before.

P3P was released in 09 in JP and '10 in the US. The precedence is there.
If this is just extra stages, side characters and missions they could've just patch it through DLC like Final Fantasy XV right?
If this is a stand alone game my theory is they might not release this on PS3 and focus on upgrading the graphic and gameplay to PS4 limit and they might retcon the main story to insert the new female character which mean they need to redo the anime scenes so might as well release it as separate game like Catherine Full Body.

Last edited:

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I'm on a new game + at 205 hours and I just beat this game for the first time in November. I don't know why I'm playing it again so soon but it's still fun :dwillhuh:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I doubt this is a Golden type remake. It’s probably DLC.

No way they drop dlc 2 years later. It's def a "golden" type of release

Just got to see how long the new female section is.

This more then likely WONT receive a ps3 release though which sucks for me as i finished this on PS3.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If this is just extra stages, side characters and missions they could've just patch it through DLC like Final Fantasy XV right?
If this is a stand alone game my theory is they might not release this on PS3 and focus on pushing graphic and gameplay to PS4 limit and they might retcon the main story to insert the new female character which mean they need to redo the animatic scene so might as well release it as separate game like Catherine Full Body.
I'd be happy if they made a PS4 Pro patch as this game needs it. It barely looks different from the PS3 version. 4k Support, HDR and/or a 60fps option.