Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think the chess/boardgame girl was supposed to be a main party member instead of the throw in gardener too

but yeah, the confidants shyt on the main cast as a whole
I actually read that today and yeah Haru was chosen cause her story was more digestable and could be said within the time limit they had remaining. Hifumi's would've taken too long, but IDK man that goes back to Atlus for me. You could the airlock palace in half. You could cut the bank palace out a lil bit. She takes a good bit away from Makoto's character (the ultimate female for so many nikkas, shyt ill never understand) but their dynamic along with Akechi's arrogance would've been nice. You can have a cast where there's a character who's kinda just there like Yusuke is, but when you have two, its just annoying. Haru's relevancy is being told her father died constantly. The killing joke is that she doesnt even get offered the strongest psychic skills neither. They give her the barebones shyt and you really wonder why her character was even added at all (other than to use her dad as the transitional point between local heroes to huge worldly saviors)

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I actually read that today and yeah Haru was chosen cause her story was more digestable and could be said within the time limit they had remaining. Hifumi's would've taken too long, but IDK man that goes back to Atlus for me. You could the airlock palace in half. You could cut the bank palace out a lil bit. She takes a good bit away from Makoto's character (the ultimate female for so many nikkas, shyt ill never understand) but their dynamic along with Akechi's arrogance would've been nice. You can have a cast where there's a character who's kinda just there like Yusuke is, but when you have two, its just annoying. Haru's relevancy is being told her father died constantly. The killing joke is that she doesnt even get offered the strongest psychic skills neither. They give her the barebones shyt and you really wonder why her character was even added at all (other than to use her dad as the transitional point between local heroes to huge worldly saviors)
The thing with Makoto is that she's not even great, she's just the only good female member in the group that's not a fukking preteen with a severe mental heath disorder. Surrounded by the rest of a horribly mediocre cast, she's the clear favorite. Haru being a part of the cast is another example of the narration and overall writing just being a bit too lose for what they were trying to accomplish.

Another thing to is the whole Hawaii trip.

Why?

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
The thing with Makoto is that she's not even great, she's just the only good female member in the group that's not a fukking preteen with a severe mental heath disorder. Surrounded by the rest of a horribly mediocre cast, she's the clear favorite. Haru being a part of the cast is another example of the narration and overall writing just being a bit too lose for what they were trying to accomplish.

Why?
I know Persona games in the past have had that getaway trip as a break, but I feel like with all the breaks they have after completed palaces, it doesn’t have the same impact. It really just ends up being A. A cutscene with Makoto (who’s the only viable option to talk to) B. An example of how far the Thieves influence has spread.

I see where you’re coming from, Makoto is the only semi normal + interesting one. If they could’ve implemented Hifumi or Makotos sis as main party members, shyt would’ve been been twice as well. Ann is like if u take Rise from the last game but make her a wood plank. You covered futaba. I’d say every game in the past has had at least two fukkwittable females (Yukari & technically Aegis + Naoto & Marie/Yukiko). I’m a futaba stan but it is mid-highkey suspect they made the second most viable party member 15, short as fukk, and wearing the shyt she do

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
My bad, I just found out that the protagonist is supposed to be 16 years old :mjlol: this nikka getting pus from 40 years old and smashing like 4’11 “little sisters” simultaneously :mjlol::francis:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I know Persona games in the past have had that getaway trip as a break, but I feel like with all the breaks they have after completed palaces, it doesn’t have the same impact. It really just ends up being A. A cutscene with Makoto (who’s the only viable option to talk to) B. An example of how far the Thieves influence has spread.

I see where you’re coming from, Makoto is the only semi normal + interesting one. If they could’ve implemented Hifumi or Makotos sis as main party members, shyt would’ve been been twice as well. Ann is like if u take Rise from the last game but make her a wood plank. You covered futaba. I’d say every game in the past has had at least two fukkwittable females (Yukari & technically Aegis + Naoto & Marie/Yukiko). I’m a futaba stan but it is mid-highkey suspect they made the second most viable party member 15, short as fukk, and wearing the shyt she do
it is :skip:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im glad i can seriously say this, but anyone who says P5 is better in terms of story telling and cast than P4G cannot

cannot

discuss Persona with me. Im getting heated rn with all this nikkas I was talkin with a few months back that already finished that told me shyt got immensely better by the end. Ill say this shyt got up to around a 8.5 for me. But I refuse to ignore how unenjoyable some of these confidants are and how annoying these palaces are from a fun standpoint. nikkas just see how gussied up the presentation was and wanna call this the best persona ever
:yeshrug: It's all subjective really. This game is better than P4G for me. P4G is still good in a scooby doo/buddy type of way but P5 wasn't going for that same dynamic.

IMO
Joker>>>>>>>Yu
Morgana>>>>>>>Teddie
Yukiko>>>>>>>>>>>Ann
Ryuji>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanji
Yosuke>>>>>>>>>>>Yusuke(art nikka)
Chie=/=Makoto
Futaba>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise
Akechi>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naoto
Ryotaro Dojima>>>>>>>>>>Sojiro Sakura
Sae>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nanako>>>>>>>>>everybody though

Social links I think is about equal. Some characters in 5 I didn't care for(Politician dude, Mishima, Yusuke but in 4 I didn't care for Saki's brother(the girl who died in the beginning), the old lady near the river and the tutoring student.

and I cannot for the life of me understand someone saying those dungeons in 4 were fun. Jesus christ, those things were horrible. Yeah some palaces overstay their welcome but I'd take that any day over RNG dungeons. I wanted to finish dungeons in 4 as fast as possible while 5 at least spiced it up with mid bosses, cutscenes and shyt going on even though some were too long. If Mementos didn't have that extra section near the end I would've hated it.

I loved 4 to death and especially Golden but I cannot sit here and look back at 4 with rose tinted glasses and say it's better. 5 objectively had better gameplay, better presentation, better QOL changes and arguably better music. I think some folks are just basing the entire game off of one or two metrics and ignoring everything else.

We can go back and forth but ultimately this is really just all subjective :pachaha:

I'd say that P5 def needs a "Golden" or "FES" version and we'll really see what they can really fix/change.

Ending wise, the character build up in the end of 4 was better but the lead up to the battle and battle in 5 was outstanding. i was :banderas: at the fight between them and the transformation. The final skill was cooler too. Seeing that countdown and then Joker's Persona going super saiyan god was :wow:.

Persona 3's ending though was better than both of them though. Nothing tops out that. Aigis was a rider and damn that last scene :mjcry: besides that Persona 3 was a snooze fest for me.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Why?
I would've preferred had they went to Inaba but that wouldn't make sense since P4's location is more fictional while P5 is based more on a real setting.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am playing Bloodborne on NG+. You have too much estrogen for that.

:pachaha:

I can beat the Orphan of Kos with no armor and my bare hands :pachaha:

I've beaten every single From Soft next gen game like 10-15 times each to the point where the game is more about creating weird goofy builds to challenge myself :pachaha:

You talking to a cat who SSS ranked every DMC game, Ninja Gaiden Black, etc

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
I finished a couple days ago and been talking about some of my fav moments on ktt...ill summarize here

9. Makoto stans deserve death

Pull up then nikka :pacspit::pacspit:

I think the chess/boardgame girl was supposed to be a main party member instead of the throw in gardener too

but yeah, the confidants shyt on the main cast as a whole

Hifumi was supposed to be a cast member for sure, they decided not to tho. Too much going on I guess. They have drawings of her in Phantom Thieves gear out in the universe somewhere.

:yeshrug: It's all subjective really. This game is better than P4G for me. P4G is still good in a scooby doo/buddy type of way but P5 wasn't going for that same dynamic.

IMO
Joker>>>>>>>Yu
Morgana>>>>>>>Teddie
Yukiko>>>>>>>>>>>Ann
Ryuji>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kanji
Yosuke>>>>>>>>>>>Yusuke(art nikka)
Chie=/=Makoto
Futaba>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rise
Akechi>>>>>>>>>>>>>Naoto
Ryotaro Dojima>>>>>>>>>>Sojiro Sakura
Sae>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nanako>>>>>>>>>everybody though
Persona 3's ending though was better than both of them though. Nothing tops out that. Aigis was a rider and damn that last scene :mjcry: besides that Persona 3 was a snooze fest for me.

P5 best game, P4 most likeable cast, but man Persona 3 is still the best to me. Junpei was too loose and carefree but gotdamn when he met ol girl we straightened up. Mitsuru and Yukari are both bytches but you break em down and they just damaged children :to::to: that need good father figures in their lives.

Ken :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Shinji :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
Ken and Shinji together :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Aegis a goddamn creep but she literally an android robot that fights to death so :yeshrug:

Persona 3 just wasn't afraid to hit nikkas in the feels man, the themes were the darkest for sure and the ending with the protag :damn:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

i'm okay with best music (even though destiny 2 clearly is winning that) but best story and goty? inclusiveness nomination
I can't give any other game best music this year after this track.(not saying they're not good but..)

Especially at this part

Gives me chills everytime I hear that part
200w.gif

I still bump the OST every once in a while even a year since I played it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
P5's got a lot of catchy shyt, but as a complete OST its really fukking weak - even in comparison to P3 and P4. Something like FF15 even just kills it. Then you got Nier and Destiny too? Throw in Guilty Gear and like.... naw

:mjlol: