Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They'll eventually dethrone Final Fantasy as the premiere JRPG series at this pace. They still have a ways to go but they've come a long way.
I don't think they'll dethrone FF in popularity or come close. It's still a specific niche game imo. Like I think P5 surprised a lot of people who got swept up in the hype and it ended up being a revamped Persona 4 with a slick coat of paint. FF and Persona aim for different things from how I see it. I think Persona 6 should Breath of the Wild itself so to speak. I think a Persona game without the calendar system and maybe without high school setting would be interesting. They already did one before
I wouldn't be mad if they remade Persona 2 but with Persona 5's engine :banderas:
Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg

They could gauge interest in a non calendar system, non high school setting Persona game.

Shake it up.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I think some people give up because depending on the player, the downtime between a deadline and the start of a new mission can be so big and this is further exacerbated around that month in between palace 4~5. Some folks beat the dungeon(s) in one day and then boom you have like 21 days until the event trigger and then another week or so often until another story development and then when that happens it's lots of reading/watching. If you're the type to not really click with the social link/slice of life aspect of the game then the whole thing will be wack outside of story/dungeons.

I spread my dungeon runs throughout the month but some people say you lose some free time :yeshrug:

Before Neocac went to shyt there was a thread talking about things they'd liked added/fixed for a rerelease.

The bolded are what i'd like. Add a new track or two to the overworld for new seasons. I love Beneath the Mask but hearing it for the 100th time in November "IIii'm a shape shifter.." gets tiring.

Besides that the shyt is still GOAT status to me. Playing it right now actually.

Most of that is a goofy ass list because the confidant system is tied to the Major arcana of Tarot of which there are only 21.

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
I don't think they'll dethrone FF in popularity or come close. It's still a specific niche game imo. Like I think P5 surprised a lot of people who got swept up in the hype and it ended up being a revamped Persona 4 with a slick coat of paint. FF and Persona aim for different things from how I see it. I think Persona 6 should Breath of the Wild itself so to speak. I think a Persona game without the calendar system and maybe without high school setting would be interesting. They already did one before
I wouldn't be mad if they remade Persona 2 but with Persona 5's engine :banderas:
Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg

They could gauge interest in a non calendar system, non high school setting Persona game.

Shake it up.

Nah the calendar system is dope. Makes you think about which thot or activity to spend time on...makes for better replay value. I do agree that generic high school setting gotta go

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I finished a couple days ago and been talking about some of my fav moments on ktt...ill summarize here

1. Futaba is best female character Ive seen in this series and best female waifu, no doubt
2. This story does tail off once palaces start gettting long as shyt (maybe around palace 4) but around Akechi's involvement, it does get hot
3. I believe Akechi will be involved heavy in the P5 super edition
4. I like the top tier of confidants a fukk more than most of the actual party (Sae Nijima, Tae, Kawakami, even like a Hifumi or Iwai)
5. fukk Mishima
6. they made summoning personas too god damn expensive. If I aint do the money glitch, I literally couldnt make a yoshytsune
7. this game isnt better than P4G
8. The true ending doesnt fukk with P4G's true ending, BUT. BUT. that boss fukked the shyt out of me and I did the reaper glitch to be like level 97. That being said I didnt have the optimal armor. But he smacked my dikk around, pause. Dont think hes as hard as Ameno Sagiri tho
9. Makoto stans deserve death
10. Why the fukk wasnt Akechi a permanent fukking party member :damn::damn::damn::damn:

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Im glad i can seriously say this, but anyone who says P5 is better in terms of story telling and cast than P4G cannot

cannot

discuss Persona with me. Im getting heated rn with all this nikkas I was talkin with a few months back that already finished that told me shyt got immensely better by the end. Ill say this shyt got up to around a 8.5 for me. But I refuse to ignore how unenjoyable some of these confidants are and how annoying these palaces are from a fun standpoint. nikkas just see how gussied up the presentation was and wanna call this the best persona ever

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Persona_2_EP_cover.jpg

Shake it up.
yeah that HS scene peaked in P4G. They did the school shyt all the way up. So did P3. P5, the school theme was basically thrown away by what, the second palace? You literally dont even do anything in the school after that point other than exams and shyt. It felt like that was never part of Atlus's bigger image with this game but they did it just to please the Persona majority that feasts off that high school dating sim stigma (most weebs). That sudden shift from school heroes to social reformers Mala type nikkas was a little jarring for alot of people I've read