Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whether it directly coincided or a lot, I’ve noticed a lot of people decide to give up around palace 5
I think some people give up because depending on the player, the downtime between a deadline and the start of a new mission can be so big and this is further exacerbated around that month in between palace 4~5. Some folks beat the dungeon(s) in one day and then boom you have like 21 days until the event trigger and then another week or so often until another story development and then when that happens it's lots of reading/watching. If you're the type to not really click with the social link/slice of life aspect of the game then the whole thing will be wack outside of story/dungeons.

I spread my dungeon runs throughout the month but some people say you lose some free time :yeshrug:

Before Neocac went to shyt there was a thread talking about things they'd liked added/fixed for a rerelease.

# of Votes / Mentions Place Wish/Fix
34 1 Female Protagonist Option (FeMC) (Includes Male Romance Options)
25 2 Nintendo Switch as Release Platform
22 3 Less Restrictive Time Management
19 4 Introduce Haru Earlier (Foreshadow, Dialogue, More Development, etc.)
19 5 Endgame / Add Closing Months)"}">Improve Endgame Pacing (October->Endgame / Add Closing Months)
19 6 Redone Confidants (Interconnected Links, Makoto, Futaba, Ann+Shiho etc.)
17 7 Gay Romance Options (Yusuke, Ryuji, Goro, Iwai, etc.)
16 8 Hifumi as a Party Member
16 9 More Confidants (Shiho, Phantom Thieves, Foreign Barker etc.)
13 10 More Music
11 11 Redo/Revisit Localization
10 12 More Dungeons
10 13 More Special Events (School Trip, Festival, etc.)
9 14 Playstation Vita as Release Platform
8 15 Shorter/Simplified Dungeons
8 16 More Voice Acting
7 17 Improve Midgame Pacing (August/September + School Trip)
7 18 Improve Momentos (Music/Battle/Cycle/Difficulty)

6 19 Adjust Confidant Abilities (Twins, Ohya, Chihaya, Kawakami, Hifumi, etc.)
6 20 More Team Interaction (Without MC)
6 21 Sae as a Party Member
6 22 Additional Story (i.e: The Answer)
5 23 Release as DLC
5 24 Reduce Stat Requirements for Confidants (Tae, Haru, Iwai, Sojiro, etc.)
5 25 More Demons/Personas
4 26 More Locations
4 27 Rewrite Shinjuku Gay Couple
4 28 Replace Anime Scenes with In-Engine Scenes
3 29 Playable Navitgators
3 30 Traitor Party Member Option (11/25 Spoiler)
3 31 Removed Streaming/Screenshot Restrictions
3 32 Add School Clubs for Stat Building
3 34 Improved NG+ Dificulties
3 35 UI QOL Improvements
3 36 Redone Minigames/Activities
2 37 Improved IQ (Resolution/Frame Rate)
2 38 Increase Attention to Detail (DLC Outfits in Support Scenes & AOAs)
2 39 Remove MC Death Game Over Mechanic
2 40 PS4 As Release Platform
2 41 More Sidequests
2 42 Additional Romance Dialogue/Events
2 43 Improved Fusion Options
2 44 Additional Cameos (Shadow Operatives, Investigation team)
1 45 More Customizable Attic
1 46 Included DLC
1 47 Shuffle Option for Battle Music
1 48 Reduce Battle Length
1 49 Change Ultimate Personas
1 50 Adjust Loading Screens
1 51 Dynamic Stat Building (Social Stats in Palaces)
1 52 Multiple (Selectable) Navigators
1 53 Additional Animations
1 54 Improved Subtitles on Animated Scenes (TV Subtitles, etc.)
1 55 Save Import Boost Option

The bolded are what i'd like. Add a new track or two to the overworld for new seasons. I love Beneath the Mask but hearing it for the 100th time in November "IIii'm a shape shifter.." gets tiring.

Besides that the shyt is still GOAT status to me. Playing it right now actually.

Last edited:

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Might give this a shot. Doesn't look like anything I've ever played
It hits a lull in the middle where you can appreciate the links and the character progression, but the actual story and dungeon design just seems bloated. But the beginning and end (I’m currently at the last “normal” dungeon, but there’s one more secret ending dungeon I haven’t done) are prime Persona. The way the story just connects from every moment to every player meeting is crazy. The timeline management is flawless and even though 75% of it is in told in flash back, you’re really always pushing forward. Also the protag vs aKKKechi (you’ll learn who that is) is a top 3 Persona connection for me. It’s done so fukking well

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
It hits a lull in the middle where you can appreciate the links and the character progression, but the actual story and dungeon design just seems bloated. But the beginning and end (I’m currently at the last “normal” dungeon, but there’s one more secret ending dungeon I haven’t done) are prime Persona. The way the story just connects from every moment to every player meeting is crazy. The timeline management is flawless and even though 75% of it is in told in flash back, you’re really always pushing forward. Also the protag vs aKKKechi (you’ll learn who that is) is a top 3 Persona connection for me. It’s done so fukking well
It was only 30 bucks on PS store so I got it downloading now. I'm really into stories so I'm excited to see what's good with it

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I think some people give up because depending on the player, the downtime between a deadline and the start of a new mission can be so big and this is further exacerbated around that month in between palace 4~5. Some folks beat the dungeon(s) in one day and then boom you have like 21 days until the event trigger and then another week or so often until another story development and then when that happens it's lots of reading/watching.

I spread my dungeon runs throughout the month but some people say you lose some free time :yeshrug:

Before Neocac went to shyt there was a thread talking about things they'd liked added/fixed for a rerelease.

The bolded are what i'd like. Add a new track or two to the overworld for new seasons. I love Beneath the Mask but hearing it for the 100th time in November "IIii'm a shape shifter.." gets tiring.

Besides that the shyt is still GOAT status to me. Playing it right now actually.
I have to agree with everything bolded. Seems like Atlus was heavily pushing you to do a second playthrough cause it’s dam near impossible to get the stats up in line with managing the quick bursts of available SLinks w/o using a guide. And that span between 4 & 5 is really mind numbing. You’ll spend entire days trying to find something do other than reading or eating at Bowl Shop. Even tho it’s the biggest, this feels like the most linear and trite Persona I’ve played. No clubs, very few non party links (or at least ones that feel they matter), so much stat grinding, dungeons really get progressively more boring Kaneshiro and after, PLUS the sound tracks. The music you finally get during the Akechi/Shido run feels even more special cause it’s the first memorable track you get in years

I haven’t gotten to the true ending yet, but I think the value rises incredibly as you get to the interro room. Like I would’ve had it at a 7 at best before that. Now I’m thinking 8.5

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
It was only 30 bucks on PS store so I got it downloading now. I'm really into stories so I'm excited to see what's good with it
For OPTIMAL enjoyment, I’d recommend glancing over some of the money cheats in the early game. The three biggest early-mid issues is SP accessories, stats, and money in that order, and money can help you cure the accessory issue. Just try to take it in stride too, u might hit a brick wall with the middle dungeons or stat grind and I wouldn’t recommend forcing the grind

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have to agree with everything bolded. Seems like Atlus was heavily pushing you to do a second playthrough cause it’s dam near impossible to get the stats up in line with managing the quick bursts of available SLinks w/o using a guide. And that span between 4 & 5 is really mind numbing. You’ll spend entire days trying to find something do other than reading or eating at Bowl Shop. Even tho it’s the biggest, this feels like the most linear and trite Persona I’ve played. No clubs, very few non party links (or at least ones that feel they matter), so much stat grinding, dungeons really get progressively more boring Kaneshiro and after, PLUS the sound tracks. The music you finally get during the Akechi/Shido run feels even more special cause it’s the first memorable track you get in years

I haven’t gotten to the true ending yet, but I think the value rises incredibly as you get to the interro room. Like I would’ve had it at a 7 at best before that. Now I’m thinking 8.5
The final dungeon was dope to me. I loved the whole setup from the fight/music to reveals and twists. It was better than Izanagi's reveal in Persona 4 to me.
Dungeons getting boring didn't occur to me except Dungeon 5 and the tail end of 7. I think what would work is have barriers in dungeons forcing you to leave/come back on a specific day or maybe add less enemies but make em tougher so each battle feels worthy.

Rigby.

Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I’m pushing 140 hours due to leaving PS4 on a few times and bullshytting these grinds So I might be really around ~125, but I’d love to see this game around 100. That’s be optimal

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Idk what the game needs for those mid dungeon deaths and starting back from the last saved point :pachaha:

shyt infuriates me.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I have to agree with everything bolded. Seems like Atlus was heavily pushing you to do a second playthrough cause it’s dam near impossible to get the stats up in line with managing the quick bursts of available SLinks w/o using a guide.
It was like that in the other games too. If you want to max all Slinks in a single playthrough you needed a guide in those too because if not you'd waste days not getting the most points possible.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Happy that this game sold so well it deserves 2 Milly and more. Personally surprised it sold this well in its first year:leon:

Last edited: