Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Pull up then nikka :pacspit::pacspit:

Hifumi was supposed to be a cast member for sure, they decided not to tho. Too much going on I guess. They have drawings of her in Phantom Thieves gear out in the universe somewhere.

P5 best game, P4 most likeable cast, but man Persona 3 is still the best to me. Junpei was too loose and carefree but gotdamn when he met ol girl we straightened up. Mitsuru and Yukari are both bytches but you break em down and they just damaged children :to::to: that need good father figures in their lives.

Ken :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Shinji :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:
Ken and Shinji together :mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Aegis a goddamn creep but she literally an android robot that fights to death so :yeshrug:

Persona 3 just wasn't afraid to hit nikkas in the feels man, the themes were the darkest for sure and the ending with the protag :damn:
Junpei was a simp. He lucky Midori was there to revive his pathetic ass. How you let a nikka in some skinny jeans and no shirt off you? :smh:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
P5's got a lot of catchy shyt, but as a complete OST its really fukking weak - even in comparison to P3 and P4. Something like FF15 even just kills it. Then you got Nier and Destiny too? Throw in Guilty Gear and like.... naw

:mjlol:

Breh I'm not sure what's your beef with P5 but you wilding. P4 OST is dope too but I can't on good conscious even put 3 on the same level as 5's. 5's OST was fukking fire. It grew on me and thats the ost I go back to from Persona a lot. P3 only have a few good tracks I listen to. P4 has some dope tracks as well as the ending song. P5 imo had the most amount of tracks I liked irrespective of the scene.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with you on there.

FFXV's OST is ight but I'm not really a fan of the cac latin choir sounding bullshyt. It's cheap "oh this is epic" shyt. Fukk outa here.

FFXIII's OSt was better than XV.

Destiny? :mjlol: I like D2 but there's really nothing that comes to mind when I think of music. OST is the last thing I think about when I play D2.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 5 should be nominated for most overrated game of the year.
I'll quote myself again.

I can't agree with some of the stuff y'all saying my opinion hasn't budged since I played it last september. P5>P4>>>>>>>>>>P3.

There's no real backlash per se, it's just that some people that don't like it much that now beat it or not are now commenting on it. I'd bet the majority of users moved on already having sung it's praises.

I never get when people act like the period after release is when the "real" reviews come out. Like the majority of people didn't play it, beat it and moved on already.
The user score is still consistently higher than most games that came out this year that also had "backlash" e.g. Nier, Zelda. Just the internet being Internet. Still a GOAT.

It's like going, "those guys who played RE4 in 2005 have no idea what they're talking about, the players in 2006 do." As if to say those who played it at launch were clouded/blinded by hype and their own judgement are faulty and it's only those unaffected players later who truly know what they're talking about. As if people should reconsider their stance on the game :skip: It's why I hate when gamers say something is overrated.

It's like a way of marginalizing the opinions of others. Cats forget that a game's quality is a subjective rating that is determined by the experience of the players. If it isn't someone's cup of tea, that's fine and bringing up valid critiques is too but claiming an entire fandom is wrong is just fukking stupid because it's praises came from those same people. A vocal minority that's now bringing up things they don't like/disappoints doesn't override the majority opinion.

I already discussed my thoughts on the dungeon/slice of life gameplay ideas plenty of times so this post isn't really a dismissal of yours.

You and a couple others dislike this game and have so many issues yet can't wait to post/quote anything positive posted in here to say it's overrated/bad or anything else dismissive. It's like why? You don't like it as much, okay move on. It's like you dudes are bothered by others enjoyment and feel like you're missing out on something. I know you'll just post smilies and ad hominems but it's predictable behavior of you dudes.

BRB going to post dismissive comments for the 100th time in a RE4 thread.

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Overrated. A dumb word when you don' like things others like.

BOTW is overrated.
Uncharted is overrated.

It's an empty statement.

Those games aren't overrated though lol. They were innovative in many ways. P5 is outdated as fukk and a rehash of p4. And on top of that did many things worse than p4, which btw is a 10 year old game. If game reviews were strictly based on enjoyment then fukk it I wouldn't say shyt. To each their own. But critiquing games more deeply like current gaming journalism does, it doesn't make much sense for P5 to be one of the highest rated games this gen with all of its flaws, especially when it isn't even a current gen game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Those games aren't overrated though lol. They were innovative in many ways. P5 is outdated as fukk and a rehash of p4. And on top of that did many things worse than p4, which btw is a 10 year old game. If game reviews were strictly based on enjoyment then fukk it I wouldn't say shyt. To each their own. But critiquing games more deeply like current gaming journalism does, it doesn't make much sense for P5 to be one of the highest rated games this gen with all of its flaws, especially when it isn't even a current gen game.
You like those games therefore, to you they aren't overrated. That's the flaw of your logic. You say it's outdated as fukk which again makes no sense? Outdated how? Compared to what? Is Zelda outdated since it's not a current gen game? I've never seen someone say a game isn't overrated but they don't like it. It's always this common response online. Highly rated that you don't like? "It's overrated."

Innovative? Zelda BOTW is basically a reboot of the OG NES Zelda. It's not doing anything that no other game ever did before.
Uncharted is usually dismissed as an not being innovative so I'm lost on that. Innovative isn't a trump card that automatically makes a game amazing.

and I fail to see what P4 did better than p5 did worse. I bet if you named the things P4 did better I could easily rebut it therefore proving it's not a objective fact.

I've seen the same logic discussion in threads related to Zelda and Uncharted every time. It's the same story for every highly rated game: That it's somehow rated over it's actual rating according to the person who says so. It's arrogant period. The only reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you simply don't like it as much as others do. It's really no other reason. You say the critics rated it that high despite all those flaws that are flaws again to who? To you. "All those flaws" A lot of that is subjective. It's not a "flaw" of a game if you are bored. Hell, you can check and see the user score is still high on MC(9.1) which would be a way to gauage the actual reception of the fans compared to the critics but then I can see the convenient response to that already:Oh the trolls/stans rated it high.

I think Zelda is kind of boring and is devoid of the things I usually like in Zelda and therefore to me it's a flaw but to others it's the best part of the game. it's really no way to objectify this. I don't see the point in trying to argue this. It's going to go in circles.

Last edited:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
You like those games therefore, to you they aren't overrated. That's the flaw of your logic. You say it's outdated as fukk which again makes no sense? Outdated how? Compared to what? Is Zelda outdated since it's not a current gen game? I've never seen someone say a game isn't overrated but they don't like it. It's always this common response online. Highly rated that you don't like? "It's overrated."

Innovative? Zelda BOTW is basically a reboot of the OG NES Zelda. It's not doing anything that no other game ever did before.
Uncharted is usually dismissed as an not being innovative so I'm lost on that. Innovative isn't a trump card that automatically makes a game amazing.

and I fail to see what P4 did better than p5 did worse. I bet if you named the things P4 did better I could easily rebut it therefore proving it's not a objective fact.

I've seen the same logic discussion in threads related to Zelda and Uncharted every time. It's the same story for every highly rated game: That it's somehow rated over it's actual rating according to the person who says so. It's arrogant period. The only reason it doesn't make sense to you is because you simply don't like it as much as others do. It's really no other reason. You say the critics rated it that high despite all those flaws that are flaws again to who? To you. "All those flaws" A lot of that is subjective. It's not a "flaw" of a game if you are bored. Hell, you can check and see the user score is still high on MC(9.1) which would be a way to gauage the actual reception of the fans compared to the critics but then I can see the convenient response to that already:Oh the trolls/stans rated it high.

I think Zelda is kind of boring and is devoid of the things I usually like in Zelda and therefore to me it's a flaw but to others it's the best part of the game. it's really no way to objectify this. I don't see the point in trying to argue this. It's going to go in circles.
:umad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes I'm mad at the constant nit picking and knick knacking of games on here. This place is just Neogaf at times with a different skin. Call P5 overrated but then pretend nothing can be said about Zelda or virtually anything else.

67b.jpg

llt23

All Star
Daps
I ran out of podcasts to listen to and I found a few gaming ones. One was I think from IGN, and one of the guys on there was saying Persona 5 Kamoshida storyline made him feel uncomfortable. And he said he felt uncomfortable with how the high schoolers in the game talk about the female students.:hhh:

Game journalists are fukking lame. When I hear people talk like that they probably are the ones with secret Kamoshida tendencies. :picard:

Deleted that podcast immediately, fukk IGN.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I ran out of podcasts to listen to and I found a few gaming ones. One was I think from IGN, and one of the guys on there was saying Persona 5 Kamoshida storyline made him feel uncomfortable. And he said he felt uncomfortable with how the high schoolers in the game talk about the female students.:hhh:

Game journalists are fukking lame. When I hear people talk like that they probably are the ones with secret Kamoshida tendencies. :picard:

Deleted that podcast immediately, fukk IGN.
kamoshida was meant to be disturbing as hell too lol

dudes scared because that plot hit too close to home :sitdown:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://gematsu.com/2017/12/persona-5-animation-new-information-broadcast-set-december-24
Mark your calendars.

image: https://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/P5-Anime-Tease_12-10-17.jpg

P5-Anime-Tease_12-10-17.jpg

Atlus will share new information about Persona 5 the Animation, which is set to air in 2018, during a live stream on December 24 at 20:00 JST, the company announced.

The live stream, dubbed the “Super Secret Information Reveal! Broadcast Special,” will broadcast on Abema TV’s New Anime Channel in Japan, as well as simultaneously around the world on YouTube Live. Featured talents on the stream will include Jun Fukuyama (voice of the protagonist), Aoi Yuuki (Futaba Sakura), and Souichirou Hoshi (Goro Akechi).

Watch a teaser video for the broadcast below. Visit the Persona 5 the Animation official website here.

(MP4 Download, Region-blocked YouTube Version)

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/12/persona...broadcast-set-december-24#D2DB587j3csbO14J.99

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Akechi :stopitslime:

Really wasn't feeling dude but he comes through in the clutch :ehh:
Dude is razor sharp :wow: