Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
spent 3 hours trying to finish palace 5 in one day with no SP...think I died at least a dozen times. WOAT palace easily when it comes to enemy selection

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I'm already seeing signs the backlash for this game has begun. Honestly they need to figure out how to make a game just as good but 1/2 to 2/3s the length. To a lesser extent Futaba but much more by the time Haru shows up the length of the game can really be felt. Maybe they can add multiple party members in a dungeon instead of stretching it out to 1 per after the first. Having such a large party with that one per dungeon rule really drags the formulaic part of the game and by the time the core plot kicks in people can get fatigued. Another solution is a smaller main party.
im there rn and I just spent 6 hours of progression and I still gotta grind her fukk ass dungeon :picard: P3 did it the best if ur gonna have that much characters, the characters gained are separated from the dungeon grind. I also felt like P4's more shortened and cohesive cast of characters was a well alternative if you do want to do the dungeon thing. This just takes the worst of both

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
I gave up on this game it got too repetitive and the trash dialogue has drained any desire I had to finish it. I’m at the Big Bang Burger Palace I have tried to play it earlier I just shut the game off because of all the uninteresting babble.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I gave up on this game it got too repetitive and the trash dialogue has drained any desire I had to finish it. I’m at the Big Bang Burger Palace I have tried to play it earlier I just shut the game off because of all the uninteresting babble.
you don't have to bump this thread to tell us you dropped this game....

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah this game was way too long for it's own good. 40-60 hours is the optimal length for a JRPG. I spend about 120 on Persona 5 and the end game was pretty disappointing. I found the game to be much better when it was just about the phantom thieves stealing hearts to make the world a better place. Of course the game has to try to be about much more than that and slide into social commentary on to me just didn't work as well.

I disagree with your issues with the dialog. The character interactions were the highlight of the game it's just that the game is far too long. It's like that point in the movie Bad Boys 2 when Marcus' sister gets snatched and they go out of the country to get her back and you feel like ok this has gone on long enough. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah this game was way too long for it's own good. 40-60 hours is the optimal length for a JRPG. I spend about 120 on Persona 5 and the end game was pretty disappointing. I found the game to be much better when it was just about the phantom thieves stealing hearts to make the world a better place. Of course the game has to try to be about much more than that and slide into social commentary on to me just didn't work as well.

I disagree with your issues with the dialog. The character interactions were the highlight of the game it's just that the game is far too long. It's like that point in the movie Bad Boys 2 when Marcus' sister gets snatched and they go out of the country to get her back and you feel like ok this has gone on long enough. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
The dialogue early on was actually funny but I think around when I did the Futuba Palace everything went from witty to just long winded. The best dialogue in the game is when Joker is spending individual time with his friends the group dialogue has gotten tedious for me. I liked the game don’t get me wrong but like you said it’s longer than it needs to be. At this point I don’t even care about the story. The 1st 3 missions actually felt like ok I want this scumbag to come to justice, but the further I’ve gotten the less interesting it’s gotten.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The dialogue early on was actually funny but I think around when I did the Futuba Palace everything went from witty to just long winded. The best dialogue in the game is when Joker is spending individual time with his friends the group dialogue has gotten tedious for me. I liked the game don’t get me wrong but like you said it’s longer than it needs to be. At this point I don’t even care about the story. The 1st 3 missions actually felt like ok I want this scumbag to come to justice, but the further I’ve gotten the less interesting it’s gotten.
I'd still finish the game if you made it to palace 5. The next palace is way better. The game doesn't get weird until after palace 7 which is the last normal palace. Even then it's never a bad game it just has it'f flaws. I should have taken my time with it but I beat the game in less than a few weeks and rushed through the end.

Maybe this style of game doesn't appeal to you? I never felt like quitting I just wanted it to wrap up quicker.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I'd still finish the game if you made it to palace 5. The next palace is way better. The game doesn't get weird until after palace 7 which is the last normal palace. Even then it's never a bad game it just has it'f flaws. I should have taken my time with it but I beat the game in less than a few weeks and rushed through the end.

Maybe this style of game doesn't appeal to you? I never felt like quitting I just wanted it to wrap up quicker.
I like the game but the long winded dialogue has killed it for me. Plus I’m not gonna lie the Morgana story has been ehh because the cat was my favorite and most useful member. I love RPGs but I don’t know the dialogue in games like Mass Effect/Witcher/Final Fantasy ,etc was as over-baring

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Palace 5 is often seen as the worst palace by a lot of folks. Palace 6 and further on the twist of the story is presented along with other things. That's imo the best part of the game so stopping here is kind of wasteful. Finish it.

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Palace 5 is often seen as the worst palace by a lot of folks. Palace 6 and further on the twist of the story is presented along with other things. That's imo the best part of the game so stopping here is kind of wasteful. Finish it.
I’ll try I messed up starting Odessessy and it’s been ridiculously fun but I can admit this mission has killed the game for me too. I’ll try to finish but I created a crazy backlog with Mario Rabbids/odessessy/Nioh/Shadow of War/Evil Within2/ and Zelda 2 on the Classic/ and Everything on SNES Classic I been playing.
I but I think I need to get a few others out the way 1st because my interest has fallen.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

pacing is trash as hell and the story plain sucks

you can have a super long jrpg that's got you engaged the entire time. persona 5 is a pretty bytch that can't cook, read, or fukk