Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
off the very first sentence you sound retarded :mjlol:

how you gonna make this ridiculous stance of "initial reception of a game is awesome" then immediately u-turn when that logic makes your point look ridiculous
You don't have to feign ignorance of what I said.
You said you remember when F3 AND 4 were the best WRPG ever and I asked according to who because F4 wasn't even rated that highly compared to 3. So just going off of some anecdotal evidence isn't representative as I've said here. The game(F4) was unanimously seen as a weaker entry than 3. Is Fallout3 and 4 rated the same??

I said nothing about initial reception. Stop creating arguments that aren't there. The argument isn't about initial reception. The majority of people who said the game is amazing still says it's amazing. The reviews aren't 25-40 hour mark reviews. Just because some cats beat it later on said less positive things don't speak for the reception from players who played it at launch. You're making several different arguments taking me all over the world.

"
i'm not sure what you're saying here"

how you gonna just up and play dumb when that's exactly the gimmick for an entire dungeon like you never heard of it before :dead: i've never seen someone so blatantly cease up and start responding to a post like they on the stand trying not to snitch
You said four letter words and looking for hints as if there's this puzzle in every dungeon. You can't be expected to be taken seriously when your discussions is exaggerated and so hyperbolic. How you just randomly bring up some example of a puzzle and act like it's something that's prominently featured all throughout the game?? That's clearly misrepresentation.
I remember going through dungeons, getting doors open, fighting enemies, watching scenes play out, fighting bosses, getting keys etc. Every dungeon had a different mechanic but in your fashion you'll bring up one/two dungeon lulls and speak as if that as the entire experience for the whole game. :snoop:

i ain't laughed this hard in a minute :russ: edit: i can't even get through the rest of your post after that. straight up NAW THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED even though its exactly what happens lmao
[/QUOTE]
You could post smilies all you want to make it seem like you're having a good ole time but you know good and well ain't nothing ridiculous being stated here. Again i'm done posting here you just tryna bait into arguing something you thought up in your mind that I'm saying and then tryna make it look like I'm saying crazy shyt.

87ood_s-200x150.gif

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
You don't have to feign ignorance of what I said.
You said you remembe rhen F3 AND 4 were the best JRPG ever and I asked according to who because F4 wasn't even rated that highly compared to 3. So just going off of some anecdotal evidence isn't representative as I 've said here. The game(F4) was unanimously seen as a weaker entry than 3. I said nothing about initial reception. Stop creating arguments that aren't there.

"
You said four letter words and looking for hints as if there's this puzzle in every dungeon. You can't be expected to be taken seriously when your discussions is exaggerated and so hyperbolic.
Anecdotal?

A review in its essence is absolutely anecdotal by definition :mjlol: do you know what anecdotal means at all? Metacritic is literally a culmination of anecdotal evidence. Breh this defense you putting up is making you retarded especially when no one is even saying the game is BAD.

And no, I literally described the progression gimmick in Makoto's dungeon specifically. Its obvious to anyone who's got that far. I didn't say all dungeons were like that, I said they were all dumb as fukk. Unless you forgot. Which no one would blame you - it is a fukking chore after all.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anecdotal?

A review in its essence is absolutely anecdotal by definition :mjlol: do you know what anecdotal means at all? Metacritic is literally a culmination of anecdotal evidence.
Anecdotal evidence is evidence from anecdotes, i.e., evidence collected in a casual or informal manner and relying heavily or entirely on personal testimony. When compared to other types of evidence, anecdotal evidence is generally regarded as limited in value due to a number of potential weaknesses, but may be considered within the scope of scientific method as some anecdotal evidence can be both empirical and verifiable, e.g. in the use of case studies in medicine. Other anecdotal evidence, however, does not qualify as scientific evidence, because its nature prevents it from being investigated by the scientific method.
Is it not a fact that this "anecdotal" evidence as you call it VERY favorable? Is it not a fact that this "anecdotal evidence" by way of forums, fans, fan reviews much much more favorable to it then the way you're telling it? What point are you making by bringing up this irrelevant fact?? "It's a review it's anecdotal!!" oh wow you like completely enlightened me. I see you just wanted to bring this up to possibly use the angle that anecdotes can possibly be limited in value by definition thereby finding a way to dismiss the consensus.

Breh this defense you putting up is making you retarded especially when no one is even saying the game is BAD.
There's no need for ad-hominems here.
Oh now the game isn't so bad. Earlier you called those polls kneejerk responses and you dismissed reviews but now "nobody is calling it bad." and "it's all anecdotes!".
You're trying to spin it as if to say they're anecdotal and thus not to be taken seriously because they possibly can be. The game needs no defending, it's praises have been sung already it's you that are trying your hardest to prove to us that we just don't see the light. We are blinded by the wax so to speak.

If they're anecdotal then why are you even talking?? Why waste my time? If my experience and my thoughts are that of amazement and fun why try to pretend that my experience is wrong?

And no, I literally described the progression gimmick in Makoto's dungeon specifically. Its obvious to anyone who's got that far. Unless you forgot. Which no one would blame you - it is a fukking chore after all.
I didn't forget, I wanted you to accurately bring that up so as to show you the error in your post. You tried to pass it off like that puzzle or type of puzzle is literally in every dungeon. You take a puzzle, that took literally a few minutes to do from just simply playing the game naturally and made it out to be some long drawn out chore that took so much time. It's a puzzle. what? You rather have had puzzles involving using the FOIL method in the game?

Man you really doing too much right now. P5 is gorgeous but shallow we understand. I'm done here you got me wasting time.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Is it not a fact that this "anecdotal" evidence as you call it VERY favorable? Is it not a fact that this "anecdotal evidence" by way of forums, fans, fan reviews much much more favorable to it then the way you're telling it? What point are you making by bringing up this irrelevant fact?? "It's a review it's anecdotal!!" oh wow you like completely enlightened me.
Do you really not grasp how presenting a gamefaq poll is a collection of anectodal data?

And you're only good with one form of it, the kind that supports your hollow argument?

Breh. BREATHE.

Oh now it wasn't so bad. Earlier you called those polls kneejerk responses and you dismissed reviews but now "nobody is calling it bad." You're trying to spin it as if to say they're anecdotal and thus not to be taken seriously.

I didn't forget, I wanted you to accurately bring that up so as to show you the error in your post. You tried to pass it off like that puzzle or type of puzzle is literally in every dungeon. You take a puzzle, that took literally a few minutes to do from just simply playing the game and made it out to be some long drawn out task that took so much time. Man you really doing too much right now.
Search my posts in here and find where I call the game bad. Because you sounding real emotional because I and others aren't saying this is pure piff.

No, I didn't pass it off as every dungeon. I told you the exact dumbass, time wasting gimmick of that specific dungeon - which rests on a foundation of completely brain dead trial and error gameplay and a pacing that's just nonsense. Other dungeons have other stupid, uninteresting time wasting gimmicks to dress up the brain dead trial and error gameplay such as

binary
twist the mirror
find the footprints
backtrack
look for the correctly colored switchbox
walk in the dark
backtrack
leave and comeback after the 'plot' happens
look for a gemstone
talk to literally every npc in the area
backtrack
be a mouse

all while waiting to hear the next piece of repetitive dialogue :noah:

the game doesn't respect your time at all. people are more than willing to give it - just make it fukking matter

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Do you really not grasp how presenting a gamefaq poll is a collection of anectodal data?

And you're only good with one form of it, the kind that supports your hollow argument?

Breh. BREATHE.
You're not really getting this. You literally are trying to pass off that your opinion is representative of a larger group of players and I presented data that said otherwise. Telling me it's anecdotal is funny because I said it was anecdotal from the first time I posted it. :mindblown:
If I went and posted copy pasta from Neogaf and other places of people complaining and bytching about the game I'd be seen as someone trying to create a narrative that's not necessarily true.

Search my posts in here and find where I call the game bad. Because you sounding real emotional because I and others aren't saying this is pure piff.
I didn't say you called it bad, i said that you trying to dismiss the ones who felt it was amazing and no amount of bullet points and "remember this?? BAD! DUMB, TIME WASTING" changes that.

No, I didn't pass it off as every dungeon. I told you the exact dumbass, time wasting gimmick of that specific dungeon - which rests on a foundation of completely brain dead trial and error gameplay and a pacing that's just nonsense. Other dungeons have other stupid, uninteresting time wasting gimmicks to dress up the brain dead trial and error gameplay such as
Uh no you didn't. You just NOW said so. You didn't specify anything at first until I asked which one. Don't lie now.

binary
twist the mirror
find the footprints
backtrack
look for the correctly colored switchbox
walk in the dark
backtrack
leave and comeback after the 'plot' happens
look for a gemstone
talk to literally every npc in the area
backtrack
be a mouse
Ugh I hate these "lists".

Am I supposed to be say these were bad because you put them in a list? :skip:

The game was FUN. Backtracking or looking for footprints isn't bad if you're already engaged. Why can't you get this? None of these things were things I'd say were bad.
Maybe one or two parts in dungeons weren't very good imo but they weren't this long drawn out thing. You're just naming anything and making them out to be this list of bad things that should be removed. Sorry it don't work like that.

"completely brain dead trial and error." Okay breh. W/e you say.

all while waiting to hear the next piece of repetitive dialogue :noah:
Yes because in game characters talking about what's going on presently is so bad.

the game doesn't respect your time at all. people are more than willing to give it - just make it fukking matter
The game doesn't respect your time? What does this even mean?? If you don't like what it's asking you to do of course you'd fukking say that. This is such a silly point to bring up. If i'm not enjoying something and the game is long of course I'd feel like it's not using it's time effectively.

My goodness you really don't see how your whole argument isn't subjective? Why try to act like this is supposed to be THE position to take? Why are you so hellbent on trying to dismiss the consensus? You wasn't feeling it like that ight then. You sitting here going toe to toe tryna make sure nikkaz know like it fukking matters lol.

W/e man i'm not even tryna argue anymore y'all nikkas just want to have the last word. I don't need to explain why i like the shyt or prove anything. Don't waste time quoting me again I'm not going to engage in this any further.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
"I'm trying to dismiss the people who found it amazing"

what kind of little girl shyt is this? Don't say shyt because it might hurt someone's delicate sensibilities?

And hate the list all you want, its not wrong. That's bullshyt too much bullshyt to walk through to call a dungeon great. And yes, its repetitive as fukk when the game tells me x is gonna happen and then for the next 2 hours of gametime its still telling me x is gonna happen in 6 different ways.

Its FUN :mjlol: how you gonna demand people to have fun :hhh: you sound ridiculous. "Looking for footprints is fun"

game time is around 100 hours and way too much of that is remembering what enemy is weak to wind so i can autopilot

"I said it now"

breh if you weren't typing so furiously on your keyboard to defend this game then you'd have immediately noticed that quote was talking specifially about the passcode bullshyt in makoto's dungeon. i'd been shytting on the overall layout of the wasted battle system and pacing the entire time but you clearly needed example of time wasting nonsense

like you must need an example of how many times (every time) you leave a dungeon then get half a dozen follow up conversations, text messages, and scenes referring to the shyt you talked about as you left said dungeon :dead:

i will never understand this fanboy shyt man

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I'm trying to dismiss the people who found it amazing"

what kind of little girl shyt is this? Don't say shyt because it might hurt someone's delicate sensibilities?
Why are you STILL twisting my words around?? Where did I say no one should say anything bad?? Y'all said stuff already before and that was that. You then came back in this thread again trying to repeat yourself and I responded and it's come to this. Nobody gives a damn about your critiques like that lol. The other nikka in this thread posted a essay about him not liking it that much a few pages back, I didn't bother because that was his opinion. When someone keeps repeating themselves saying the same thing hoping someone bites then it's starting to look like you have some weird agenda.

And hate the list all you want, its not wrong. That's bullshyt too much bullshyt to walk through to call a dungeon great. And yes, its repetitive as fukk when the game tells me x is gonna happen and then for the next 2 hours of gametime its still telling me x is gonna happen in 6 different ways.
It is wrong. Nothing in that list happened in literal steps "enter dungeon, gimmick, gimmick, brain dead gameplay gimmick end". This is a reductionist argument. You could say this about practically ANY game.

Its FUN :mjlol: how you gonna demand people to have fun :hhh: you sound ridiculous. "Looking for footprints is fun"
You sound equally ridiculous suggesting that people shouldn't like what you don't like. How you sound being shocked someone liked something you didn't?

game time is around 100 hours and way too much of that is remembering what enemy is weak to wind so i can autopilot
See why would you need to remember when enemies that have discovered weaknesses can be literally selected to with the right ability at the press of a button saving time?

What are you even talking about the game doesn't make you remember anything the game does it for you. Once you find a weakness for an enemy, you don't even need to remember that. Only enemies you really need to think about are new ones and bosses/mini bosses.

"I said it now"

breh if you weren't typing so furiously on your keyboard to defend this game then you'd have immediately noticed that quote was talking specifially about the passcode bullshyt in makoto's dungeon. i'd been shytting on the overall layout of the wasted battle system and pacing the entire time but you clearly needed example of time wasting nonsense
That shyt didn't take more than 5 minutes to solve but here you are trying to make it out to be this big ass long puzzle that took hours.

Like you must need an example of how many times (every time) you leave a dungeon then get half a dozen follow up conversations, text messages, and scenes referring to the shyt you talked about as you left said dungeon :dead:
Breh, text messages that take fukking 1 minute to read and conversations in a visual novel don't strike me as annoying. I fukking read the shyt in Japanese, a language I wasn't even really intermediate in when I played it and I enjoyed most of every little dialogue. In english that shyt takes a second to read. It's clearly not this big game breaking thing. The examples you gave aren't time wasters unless you're literally speed running a game. When I played those parts "Ugh come on..." wasn't what was in my mind. If you stopped furiously assuming and wanting to 1up what I'm saying this would've been clear from the get go. You keep making these assumptions that people reacted the same way you did and thus all feel annoyed equally.
You just fukkin nitpicking bringing up anything to bytch about.

i will never understand this fanboy shyt man
:snoop:
and here we come to. Fanboy shyt. I know you wanted to say that.

I can guarantee you I can find you "fanboying" shyt about some other game. I can bet money you can be interpreted as defending something on here. *cough* Destiny 2*cough*

This is such a lazy ass argument. I'm a fanboy because I like something you don't like? I'm a fanboy because I disagree with you? :snoop:

What fukking benefit would there be for me to NOT want improvements to a game I like? What would be the point of me not wanting to suggest feedback or improvements to the devs? I don't own stock or work for these guys. Every Persona game I've always saw things I didn't like and like magic they were fixed in the next version. Things I hated about 3 was fixed in 4, things in 4 in 4G, things in that in 5.

saying ":dead: this nikka was garbage wtf that dungeon was wack this shyt is just a waxed apple I can't wait for Okumura to talk about her Papa again:noah:" is not constructive criticism. You don't think I read/seen people complaining?? P5 literally fixed the things I didn't like about P4.
P5 has certain things I don't like about it. Instead of asking me about that, you want to waste my time going back and forth about why this game is a waxed product that's starting to show and how we're not being real. come on now don't disrespect me with that bullshyt. :stopitslime:

I don't fukking get blinded by fanboyism there's lots of things I can name that I want fixed/tweaked.

I hate this line of reasoning where if someone disagrees then they're a fanboy. The main difference is those flaws(the ones I consider) aren't so much to me that it brought the game down for me. To each it's own but for some reason this is unfathomable to you. Not everything is cut and dry.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:wow:
Persona 5 Voted Best RPG of All Time by Famitsu Readers; NieR: Automata Places 4th

The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu included the results of a survey that asked the popular Japanese magazine’s readers to vote for their favorite RPG of all time.

The survey gathered 2,295 votes, 56% from males, 43% from females (1% didn’t specify their gender). 9% of votes were in their teen years, 36% in their twenties, 37% in their thirties, 16% in their forties, and 1% in their fifties, with an additional 1% that did not identify their age. Voting was done between June 22nd and June 28th.

Below you can read the full ranking, with the number of votes for each game:

Persona 5 – 256
Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation – 218
Chrono Trigger – 194
NieR: Automata – 177
Final Fantasy VII – 169
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride – 165
Suikoden II – 155
NieR – 151
Persona 3 -131
Final Fantasy XV – 110
Xenoblade Chronicles – 104
Final Fantasy X – 100
Xenogears – 91
Persona 4: Golden – 90
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen – 82
Final Fantasy VI – 81
EarthBound – 78
Final Fantasy IX – 75
Final Fantasy VIII – 74
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 72
tumblr_inline_opbypbcu0f1sbewpz_500.gif

Last edited:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs what confidant should I max out to speed up these dungeons? I like the game but I don't love long dungeons and I don't really have time for 100 plus hour games anymore.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Deleted the game. Died three times in 30 minutes at the beginning of the third palace to some bullshyt. This leader dies and back to the start of the palace/safe room is a horrible gameplay mechanic, particularly when it's gg everytime you get ambushed. In general these drawn-out dungeons are a pain and anti-fun.

May return to it in 6 months or so but don't have the patience for it now.

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:hhh:

Didn't beat this piff yet
Prob my most anticipated game of all time and I haven't finished it. Put in like 80 hours in a week. Just burned myself out. Game doesn't do itself any service towards the end. After the 5th palace, that whole ordeal talking about what happened, not even being able to do anything or increase social links, I've been stuck there for months.

After that long with a game and generally loving it, I just couldn't do that stretch of non play again.