Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Y'all nikkas bugging Persona 3/4 is not better especially 3. nostalgia got y'all tweaking. P3 is a terrible Persona game. That shyt had me wanting to quit damn near half way through nothing happened until like fukking September.

Persona 4 is still one of my favorites but P5 blew it out the water imo. Dudes was saying the same shyt when 4 came out claiming 3 was better. I think 5 done made dudes realize that dungeon crawling ain't their thing since 3/4's dungeon crawling was something you could simply rush and get out of the way whereas in 5 it's much more involved and integral to the game.

I don't even fathom how people can say P3/4 is objectively better than 5. There are so many quality of life improvements over the previous 2 games.

-Dungeons are better. You don't feel pressured to run though it in one go.
-Social links are better and offer more than just extra levels for Persona
-Velvet room is better
-Combat is better
-Menus are even more stylish

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even fathom how people can say P3/4 is objectively better than 5. There are so many quality of life improvements over the previous 2 games.

-Velvet room is better
-Combat is better
This.

It's like I'm in crazy nikka's palace. these dudes clearly got on rose tinted glasses.

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

-Velvet room is better
-Combat is better
You don't feel pressured to go through it in one go? Dahell

I gotta grind this lame as fukk politicians social link and work this part time job to get another while putting in work in the gym THEN grind Guts on top of that

I ain't got time to NOT do this dungeon in one go lol

And the majority of the party sucks ass - then you want to base every dungeon off of these forgettable idiots? No one outside of Makoto has value.

The combat is clean as fukk but boring as hell. Its like taking a tricked out ACR to the range just to shoot the same stationary target for 100 hours. What a great gun. Look at all the repetitive fun were having :francis:

There's no nostalgia. I'd have bytched more (and others as well) had every forum out there not been filled with jackass spoilers from before the game even dropped.

Its a GORGEOUS above average game.

And the story is carried on weak characters outside of the intro and closing sequence.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't feel pressured to go through it in one go? Dahell

I gotta grind this lame as fukk politicians social link and work this part time job to get another while putting in work in the gym THEN grind Guts on top of that

I ain't got time to NOT do this dungeon in one go lol

And the majority of the party sucks ass - then you want to base every dungeon off of these forgettable idiots? No one outside of Makoto has value.

The combat is clean as fukk but boring as hell. Its like taking a tricked out ACR to the range just to shoot the same stationary target for 100 hours. What a great gun. Look at all the repetitive fun were having :francis:

There's no nostalgia. I'd have bytched more (and others as well) had every forum out there not been filled with jackass spoilers from before the game even dropped.

Its a GORGEOUS above average game.

And the story is carried on weak characters outside of the intro and closing sequence.
It's a gorgeous above average game sitting at a 93 MC and a 9.0 user score because the critics and fans conspired to give it higher scores because Takemi bae amirite? Those reviewers are all Atlus fanboys or Atlus paid them off. If only Squeenix did so too..

Funny you call this repetitive but I've seldom played ANY JRPG where the combat wasn't in any shape/form repetitive. If P5 is repetitive fun then I'm all for it. :manny:
These characters are better than the P4 cast. They actually feel more like teens and not a sitcom. Idk where you guys are going with these critiques because they sound to me at least weird. Sorry :manny:

Even looking around online P5 is still clearly leading the pack.

Clearly the majority says other wise. Again, VOCAL MINORITY.

Edit: The narrative that you either like P3/4 or 5 gotta go. I didn't like 3 and I played that first, meanwhile I loved 4 and 5 is pretty much like that while improving massively on all gameplay elements - better battles, better dungeons, better confidant rewards, etc 3 didn't do anything for me. pacing was horrible imo(really just waiting until the end of the month for a moon boss) and the story felt like it was at a crawl until way later. I like P5 because the dungeons all feel episodic. I took my time and didn't play min/max and I think that's ultimately the issue for some. They try and rush the dungeons and end up having a long 14-20 day lull of sim stuff. I mixed it up. It makes it more engaging.

I dare anyone to tell me that 4 had some grand overarching plot that was noticeable from the start because I can show you the error in your ways and would suggest to replay 3/4 to see how they actually progressed. Idk man I'm done talking about this lol I need to finish up my 2nd play-through.

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
3 still got the GOAT cast IMO. The swerves in that story hit them lil nikkas hard.

5's cast tho has gems. Makoto, Futaba, Hifumi>>>>

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Y'all nikkas bugging Persona 3/4 is not better especially 3. nostalgia got y'all tweaking. P3 is a terrible Persona game. That shyt had me wanting to quit damn near half way through nothing happened until like fukking September.

Persona 4 is still one of my favorites but P5 blew it out the water imo. Dudes was saying the same shyt when 4 came out claiming 3 was better. I think 5 done made dudes realize that dungeon crawling ain't their thing since 3/4's dungeon crawling was something you could simply rush and get out of the way whereas in 5 it's much more involved and integral to the game.
IDK why you hate 3 so much, Ive always wondered :pachaha: I mean the gameplay mechanics are dated af but at the time, they were pushing boundaries...just about the progression of games in general.

I consider 4's dungeons more straight forward and they definitely have less lows than Persona 5's. P5 has some god awful dungeon experiences. I say this without playing the predecessors on home consoles though.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
I came back to this game recently and havent finished but theres no way Imma consider this better than P4G tbh. My favorite game of all time tho, so :manny:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
It's a gorgeous above average game sitting at a 93 MC and a 9.0 user score because the critics and fans conspired to give it higher scores because Takemi bae amirite? Those reviewers are all Atlus fanboys or Atlus paid them off. If only Squeenix did so too..

Funny you call this repetitive but I've seldom played ANY JRPG where the combat wasn't in any shape/form repetitive. If P5 is repetitive fun then I'm all for it. :manny:
These characters are better than the P4 cast. They actually feel more like teens and not a sitcom. Idk where you guys are going with these critiques because they sound to me at least weird. Sorry :manny:

Even looking around online P5 is still clearly leading the pack.

Clearly the majority says other wise. Again, VOCAL MINORITY.

Edit: The narrative that you either like P3/4 or 5 gotta go. I didn't like 3 and I played that first, meanwhile I loved 4 and 5 is pretty much like that while improving massively on all gameplay elements - better battles, better dungeons, better confidant rewards, etc 3 didn't do anything for me. pacing was horrible imo(really just waiting until the end of the month for a moon boss) and the story felt like it was at a crawl until way later. I like P5 because the dungeons all feel episodic. I took my time and didn't play min/max and I think that's ultimately the issue for some. They try and rush the dungeons and end up having a long 14-20 day lull of sim stuff. I mixed it up. It makes it more engaging.

I dare anyone to tell me that 4 had some grand overarching plot that was noticeable from the start because I can show you the error in your ways and would suggest to replay 3/4 to see how they actually progressed. Idk man I'm done talking about this lol I need to finish up my 2nd play-through.

Why you keep throwing metacritic reviews around like they have ever meant shyt? :dwillhuh:

You want me to find some great games that mediocre reviews - shyt games that got great reviews? Lets not waste each other's time with that :hhh::hhh: unless that's just your thing or something

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why you keep throwing metacritic reviews around like they have ever meant shyt? :dwillhuh:

You want me to find some great games that mediocre reviews - shyt games that got great reviews? Lets not waste each other's time with that :hhh::hhh: unless that's just your thing or something
That'll be all in your opinion though which is fine but the problem I see you don't realize is you speak categorically as if your take on something(in this instance P5) is unanimous with the overwhelming majority of reviews/fans. I posted some actual stats backing the praise and while you're entitled to your opinion, it isn't representative overall.
I don't care about what games you found great that got "bad" reviews. I can almost tell you that those games deserved it but then again that depends on what you define as great. I don't consider low 70's "bad". I've liked games that got 60s. That's not to say everyone was wrong and "hated" on the game.

Destiny 1 was a good game but it's scores at launch weren't unjustified. GTA IV was an amazing game at launch and did a lot of things as a next gen GTA at the time but dudes wanted to split hairs over it's super high scores years later. That's not even getting into what people see as "bad/good" where in a game getting a 7/10=bad and only 9.5/10 10/10 means great. It's a futile attempt to try and suggest that a wide variety of players all were wrong in their judgement and somehow they just need to get Last Surprise out of their system lol.

I'm done though you've said your piece and I don't really agree so hey let's just keep it at that.

:manny:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That'll be all in your opinion though which is fine but the problem I see you don't realize is you speak categorically as if your take on something(in this instance P5) is unanimous with the overwhelming majority of reviews/fans. I posted some actual stats behind this narrative and while you're entitled to your opinion, isn't representative overall. I don't care about what great games that got "bad" reviews. I can almost tell you that those games deserved it but then again that depends on what you define as great. Destiny 1 was a good game but it's scores at launch weren't unjustified. GTA IV was an amazing game at launch and did a lot of things as a next gen GTA at the time but dudes wanted to split hairs over it's super high scores. That's not even getting into what people see as "bad/good" where in a game getting a 7/10=bad and only 9.5/10 10/10 means great.
The majority says all kinds of dumb shyt. I remember when Fallout 3 and 4 were the best WRPGs of all time too :dead: after a few dozen hours of repetitive drudgery the lingo changed on that too.

What you're seeing is the wax the come off. An outstanding presentation is only an outstanding presentation. You can't tell me that these dungeons were anything but a kick to the nuts of players everywhere. I'd rather go through 100 floors with a miniboss on every 5th with a challenge than 'look' for 'hints' to spell out an assortment of four letter words while putting my brain on autopilot as every enemy in the dungeon is free as long as I've got the SP to not give a fukk. And after hours of grinding without a choice I won't have to care anymore anyways.

And what stats? A gamefaqs board? Yeah, lets take a poll of the internets biggest kneejerk community for the past decade and call it a fact. Breh you ain't even making sense.

Most of the characters don't even deserve to be party members :dead: people will remember the cast for their attributes and t*ts more than what they actually contribute to the story. I mean fukk, they're all basically short term plot devices to slowly push the world building along and then they're promptly forgotten as contributing factors going forward once their , ending up being nothing more than equally forgettable social links*

*outside of Makoto and maaaaaaybe Futaba

I mean, okay - fact. Is the combat, gorgeous as it is, more than a game of trial and error?

Lie if you want to. :shaq2:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The majority says all kinds of dumb shyt. I remember when Fallout 3 and 4 were the best WRPGs of all time too :dead: after a few dozen hours of repetitive drudgery the lingo changed on that too.
and exactly who said that? What does some people saying F3/4 being the best WRPG of all time in their opinion have to do with overall reception?? See you slick because you know damn well F4 wasn't being touted as best WRPG ever because it wasn't even reviewed as highly as F3.Oh but lemme guess "fukk reviews" amirite? :mjlol:

What you're seeing is the wax the come off. An outstanding presentation is only an outstanding presentation.
I'm not seeing anything. that's you. You again need to stop speaking as if your opinion is fact.

You can't tell me that these dungeons were anything but a kick to the nuts of players everywhere.
?? What are you talking about?? Again, that's you. I found almost all the dungeons fun.
Dungeons 4>final dungeon>6>1>3>7>2>5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shytty ass Tartarus or any themed Tartarus dungeon in 4.

I'd rather go through 100 floors with a miniboss on every 5th with a challenge than 'look' for 'hints' to spell out an assortment of four letter words while putting my brain on autopilot as every enemy in the dungeon is free as long as I've got the SP to not give a fukk. And after hours of grinding without a choice I won't have to care anymore anyways.
i'm not even sure what you're saying here. You just posted random shyt together and acted like it's supposed to mean something. What four letter words? What free enemy?? what are you saying? That 100 floors of RNG was boring as fukk and easily the one thing I hated 3 for. 4 was slightly better. I didn't quite care for Mementos in 5 either. If that's one thing I didn't like I'd start there. If that's your idea of fun then be my guest.

And what stats? A gamefaqs board? Yeah, lets take a poll of the internets biggest kneejerk community for the past decade and call it a fact. Breh you ain't even making sense.
See now you want to disqualify anything because it's not aligning with your opinion. What's next? You and some guys on Neogaf are the only true authority on all things Persona? Come on :camby: you're reaching. had those polls said otherwise you would've been glad to use em but sure.

Most of the characters don't even deserve to be party members :dead: people will remember the cast for their attributes and t*ts more than what they actually contribute to the story.
Please do tell us more :wow:

I mean fukk, they're all basically short term plot devices to slowly push the world building along and then they're promptly forgotten as contributing factors going forward once their , ending up being nothing more than equally forgettable social links*
Of course they're forgettable, you don't even like em! lol breh what don't you see here? Nothing I say matters because fukk it you don't like it. I can repeat the same reasoning you're using and you can't say I'm wrong so it's silly to try and objectively speak about something subjective.
[spoiler[*outside of Makoto and maaaaaaybe Futaba[/spoiler]

I mean, okay - fact. Is the combat, gorgeous as it is, more than a game of trial and error?

Lie if you want to. :shaq2:
Lie if I want to?
What exactly is wrong with trial and error? Now we're critiquing problem solving in games now? :what: are you even saying now? The combat being so fast when you solve an enemy helps keep the dungeon progression moving. Are you suggesting that it'd be better to have to waste 10/20 minutes fighting random mobs of enemies? Also you didn't even mention that there's luck and stats involved. Half the times I died later on because the enemy got a critical strike or they used some status ailment that I wasn't prepared for so clearly that introduced even more layers to the "trial and error" gameplay that you trying to position as some sort of flaw. If you played on Normal it was a bit easy but on hard it was just right.

Idk man you're just arguing for arguments sake now. I get it, the game is just a nice looking game and it's not really fun and it's merely GORGEOUS. Okay. We get it. There's no need to prolong this useless back and forth lol. I'm not convincing you and neither are you. I love P5 and think it's the shyt. If you think it's because I'm merely a presentation/graphics whore and am lying then that's on you. :manny:

Last edited:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
off the very first sentence you sound retarded :mjlol:

how you gonna make this ridiculous stance of "initial reception of a game is awesome" then immediately u-turn when that logic makes your point look ridiculous

"i'm not sure what you're saying here"

how you gonna just up and play dumb when that's exactly the gimmick for an entire dungeon like you never heard of it before :dead: i've never seen someone so blatantly cease up and start responding to a post like they on the stand trying not to snitch

i ain't laughed this hard in a minute :russ: edit: i can't even get through the rest of your post after that. straight up NAW THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED even though its exactly what happens lmao