Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

666 ReVeNGe 666

TROLL IS LIFE
Daps
Prob my most anticipated game of all time and I haven't finished it. Put in like 80 hours in a week. Just burned myself out. Game doesn't do itself any service towards the end. After the 5th palace, that whole ordeal talking about what happened, not even being able to do anything or increase social links, I've been stuck there for months.

After that long with a game and generally loving it, I just couldn't do that stretch of non play again.
I am 15 hours in.
I beat the first palace and sent the calling card and beat the boss but I have two days left until we see the outcome at the meeting in school I just haven't had time to play

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Prob my most anticipated game of all time and I haven't finished it. Put in like 80 hours in a week. Just burned myself out. Game doesn't do itself any service towards the end. After the 5th palace, that whole ordeal talking about what happened, not even being able to do anything or increase social links, I've been stuck there for months.

After that long with a game and generally loving it, I just couldn't do that stretch of non play again.
That's what I've been saying. Once you get to Futaba the game sort of drags on. I mean it's not bad but I could easily see somebody putting it down and never playing it again. Part of it is the palaces get so long too. I managed to beat most of them in 2-3 in game days but that was very hard until I could get *redacted* to make coffee for me so I didn't have to waste time.

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
Just finished platinum on my ng+ run today. Took me 365 hours to 100%. I haven't been this sucked into a game since Oblivion came out in 2006. The post-game depression is real. Now onto Persona 4 Golden.

I managed to beat most of them in 2-3 in game days but that was very hard until I could get *redacted* to make coffee for me so I didn't have to waste time.
SP adhesive 3 from Takemi's clinic is your friend. Beat every single palace in one day with it :blessed:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's funny seeing comments about being burned out and then someone chimes in with a 200+hr playthrough. I guess how you play colors your experience. I certainly took my time.

llt23

All Star
Daps
It's funny seeing comments about being burned out and then someone chimes in with a 200+hr playthrough. I guess how you play colors your experience. I certainly took my time.

I have a casual gamer friend and he didnt finish Nier or FFXV but put in the work to finish this game. Hard to really find examples of people not finishing this game

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Deleted the game. Died three times in 30 minutes at the beginning of the third palace to some bullshyt. This leader dies and back to the start of the palace/safe room is a horrible gameplay mechanic, particularly when it's gg everytime you get ambushed. In general these drawn-out dungeons are a pain and anti-fun.

May return to it in 6 months or so but don't have the patience for it now.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
Game is finally on sale for $40 at Best Buy (with GCU)

Reading some of these complaints. Is the game really worth copping or is it best I finish Nier and then come back and buy P5 as it likely will be back on sale?

Hostile

All Star
Daps
NieR: Automata one of the top RPGs of all time :what::stopitslime::russ::dahell::wtf::mindblown::rudy::duck::usure:

It's a good game & all but :whoa:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

Reading some of these complaints. Is the game really worth copping or is it best I finish Nier and then come back and buy P5 as it likely will be back on sale?
Its a good game.

Sales are only gonna get better though.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's def worth copping. Just don't do like some folks did and try and burn through it in one go. It took me damn near 7 months to beat. Just play it in chunks and don't play the game on normal as Normal is too easy and makes the game a chore since you'll just be running through enemies so start on hard. Also don't try and minimum/maximize everything e.g. trying to finish dungeons in 1 day. Just take your time and do things at your own pace.

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
what are the most necessary social links? about to begin palace FO FO right now

Top 4 imo:

Kawakami: let's you go out at night after going to the palace/mementos

Hifumi: Allows you to switch party members during battle

Takemi: Allows you to buy HP/SP regenerating items

Chihaya: Allows you to deepen bonds with social links without wasting time

CookisaCac

I aint lyrical
Daps
Deleted the game. Died three times in 30 minutes at the beginning of the third palace to some bullshyt. This leader dies and back to the start of the palace/safe room is a horrible gameplay mechanic, particularly when it's gg everytime you get ambushed. In general these drawn-out dungeons are a pain and anti-fun.

May return to it in 6 months or so but don't have the patience for it now.
They already got your money :mjlol:

Pay $60 to delete it asap bruhs

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Top 4 imo:

Kawakami: let's you go out at night after going to the palace/mementos

Hifumi: Allows you to switch party members during battle

Takemi: Allows you to buy HP/SP regenerating items

Chihaya: Allows you to deepen bonds with social links without wasting time
How do I get my charm up quick to do the one w Hifumi (I believe she's the one that requires high charm)