Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
These Chinese dudes knows no bounds.

They got a mobile Persona 5 card game that's straight rip-off status.
Mobile-Persona-Rip-off-1.jpg

Mobile-Persona-Rip-off-4.jpg

Mobile-Persona-Rip-off-2.jpg

Persona-like-Mobile-Character-576x1024.jpg

Shameless lol
:umad:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yo can I leave the palace and get my SP back after using the calling card?
No. Once you send the calling card the next day is pretty much a dead set run to the boss.

If you're not ready yet just go back before sending the calling card, get your weight up and then send it when you're ready.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Once you send the calling card the next day is pretty much a dead set run to the boss.

If you're not ready yet just go back before sending the calling card, get your weight up and then send it when you're ready.

Uh I can't go back?

Basically I'm fukked with not enough SP and not enough SP items.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uh I can't go back?

Basically I'm fukked with not enough SP and not enough SP items.
No, if you die at the boss, you'll get an option to go back the morning before sending it or a week back.
If you go back the morning, then you can buy more time(that's if you still had more days left until the event trigger.)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm already seeing signs the backlash for this game has begun. Honestly they need to figure out how to make a game just as good but 1/2 to 2/3s the length. To a lesser extent Futaba but much more by the time Haru shows up the length of the game can really be felt. Maybe they can add multiple party members in a dungeon instead of stretching it out to 1 per after the first. Having such a large party with that one per dungeon rule really drags the formulaic part of the game and by the time the core plot kicks in people can get fatigued. Another solution is a smaller main party.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
I really don't get the complaints about the length of the game. Some of the dungeons do over stay their welcome but I was never anxious for it to be done since they were fun just running around and explore in. I dunno Persona is just one of those series that I push every thing I'm playing to the side and focus on it. That and I'm a very patient person :yeshrug: which I feel like a lot of people aren't.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm already seeing signs the backlash for this game has begun. Honestly they need to figure out how to make a game just as good but 1/2 to 2/3s the length. To a lesser extent Futaba but much more by the time Haru shows up the length of the game can really be felt. Maybe they can add multiple party members in a dungeon instead of stretching it out to 1 per after the first. Having such a large party with that one per dungeon rule really drags the formulaic part of the game and by the time the core plot kicks in people can get fatigued. Another solution is a smaller main party.
There's always going to be backlash for any game. Not to say the game is perfect and has no room for improvement but generally there's always a vocal minority that seems to express their dislike or disappointment of _____ after launch and will make it seem like it wasn't really good.

This post sums up my thoughts.

Alright, since this sentiment has been expressed in a few threads on GAF, let's put that claim to the test. First, let's search for a game that had significant backlash against it, I'll go with Final Fantasy XIII. You can notice the user score is much lower than the critics average, which isn't the case for P5, who boasts a 9.0, putting it pretty close to its critical reception. I could bring up other sites with aggregate user scores such as GameFAQS (3.73[ PS3] vs 4.56), or MyVideoGameList which has them at 6.7 vs 9.4 respectively. In fact, you could also compare it to other critical/fan darlings such as Horizon, Nier: Automata, Nioh, and Breath of the Wild, and the only one who consistently ranked better than P5 on both critical and user reception was, unsurprisingly, Breath of the Wild. By all concrete metrics available, it's the second best received game of the year.

If we're going with more abstract measurements, then there's really no way to quantify this sort of stuff. There are going to be positive and negative posts about it, and that's that. I could tell you, from a purely anecdotal point of view, many people I know who tried the game loved it. The subreddit has a lot of activity, and there are plenty of fanart and cosplay to go around. So... is this about GAF, specifically? Well, you could argue the game has many critics here, but even then you also have many people who loved it, some listing it as their favorite, others not. NeoGAF GOTY nominations remain to be seen, but I would be very surprised if it didn't rank highly there. Bad word of mouth is certainly not how I would describe P5's reception, but I rest my case.

EDIT:
Also, for whatever that's worth, Yahtzee, who notoriously hates everything JRPG not called Paper Mario and Earthbound, also liked the game. Dunkey expressed similar thoughts. I'm only singling them out because I've seen other people express similar thoughts.

So to say that there's signs of backlash in large amounts is merely anecdotal. There's always going to be a group that doesn't like a game no matter how hight it's rated. It's impossible to quantify that. It's still the best game I've played this year/last year bar none.

I don't want a 40 hour Persona game. A 60 hour minimum I'd tolerate and that's if the game has extremely tight pacing. The game does have a few sections that are a bit long in the tooth but overall I wasn't waiting for the game to finish. If someone has a problem with a long Persona game then go play something else. I think the popularity and word of mouth around this game has brought people to it expecting one thing and getting something else.

I think this is the last Persona game that'll be this way though. I think P6 will be a shakeup.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really don't get the complaints about the length of the game. Some of the dungeons do over stay their welcome but I was never anxious for it to be done since they were fun just running around and explore in. I dunno Persona is just one of those series that I push every thing I'm playing to the side and focus on it. That and I'm a very patient person :yeshrug: which I feel like a lot of people aren't.
Vocal minority.

Same thing with UC4 last year. It came out and if you read Neogaf or w/e it'd seem like a very flawed game and yet at the end of the year it was voted GOTY. Disappointed nerds talk the most online.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
Vocal minority.

Same thing with UC4 last year. It came out and if you read Neogaf or w/e it'd seem like a very flawed game and yet at the end of the year it was voted GOTY. Disappointed nerds talk the most online.

:mjlol::umad:

Pretty sure you talk the most on here. P5 is overrated as fukk. Dudes outchea giving a visual novel a 9.5 :damn:. With generic anime characters and a reused plot:russell: