Persona 5 (PS4, PS3)

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Picked up the game on Friday. Put in 6 1/2 hours between Saturday and Sunday. I never put that much time in a 2 day period into any persona game. When I saved my game and noticed the play time I couldn't believe it and started to wonder why I like this game when none of the others in series connected with me. I think it's the overall polish of this game. Everything is incredibly well done. Even the menus look fantastic. They took the most mundane elements in video games and made them look like a work of art (even the loading screens, which by the way the loading is lightening fast in this game, look amazing). The battle system is the same from what I remember except it feels much faster paced and the interfaces are all streamlined. The music is great, the voice acting is great, and I think what has impressed me the most is the story. On the surface, as an adult, it's easy to dismiss this game because of its high school setting, but the story is VERY mature. I'm still working through the first palace and I think what has me hooked more than anything is the story. Some of the characters fall into those stereotypical anime character template in both their looks and the way they act (standard girl with pig tails and a mini skirt. Emo characters). All those things are still here but the depth of the characters themselves is much more mature. I'm very impressed with the game overall and in my 6 1/2 hours I feel like this is one of the best games this gen and is high up on the ladder of best JRPGs of all time.
You kit the nail on the head. It's so fukking polished and you do not see that in many games these days, let alone RPGs.

Whenever I get stressed playing or try and rush shyt, just look at there loading screen. Take your time. I took a week off from the game because I played 80+ hours. Jumped back on today and in the middle of a 5 hr session like I never left.

It's just such an entertaining and engrossing experience.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Nocturne is hard but I feel like it forces you to learn the One Turn system. I like it because it actually makes all those other abilities matter. Every battle feels tense.

I wish they'd make another Nocturne with the fluidity and look of Persona 5's battle. :ohlawd:
shin-megami-tensei-nocturne-20040901013409890.jpg
I was about 13 when this game came out and I remember I wanted it for Christmas more than anything. I was going to get it, but then my mom for the first time ever unexpectedly looked up information about it and asked game store employees about it and then decided it was too much for me and got me something else which I don't remember but I remember it being piff

Never got to play SMT: Nocturne tho :mjcry:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I know I am nowhere near beating this game. But the story is so good it pulls you in and keeps you hooked. I like all the characters, the environment and the atmosphere. I even started this game on hard and when I got to the first boss. I felt so underpowered that I forreal forreal thought about setting the difficulty down to normal but I was like "nah fukk that. I'm gonna push through this shyt" and beat that nikka. I love the difficulty in this game the enemies can be straight up unforgiving. I'm not even lying when I say when I first started this game I had some of the worse fukking luck with enemies. I was getting hit with 1HKOs and crits to the point that shyt had me wanting to sqaure up with the creator of the game. I want to say even more. But I honestly think that this game might just have to be my GOTY. It's fukking crack :noah:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was about 13 when this game came out and I remember I wanted it for Christmas more than anything. I was going to get it, but then my mom for the first time ever unexpectedly looked up information about it and asked game store employees about it and then decided it was too much for me and got me something else which I don't remember but I remember it being piff

Never got to play SMT: Nocturne tho :mjcry:
U should try it out. It's way harder than Persona 5 but it's really a game you gotta go in with expecitng old school feeling.

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
Its been over a week since I finished this and I'm still thinking about this game:wow:

I want to do a second playthrough but its too soon I might play P4 again :ahh:

Hope you brehs are enjoying it this game is so goat brehs:noah_lawd:

Cwilk02

Pro
Supporter
Daps
i just picked the bad ending to see what it was like and the person who I thought turned on the crew wasn't the one :wow:

Nvm I was right to begin with :mindblown:

Last edited:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Im running around in Palace 6...not gonna lie..some points of these puzzles/dungeons had a nikka :snooze: but I can say this is better than P4G, which I thought was incredible on my vita.

The style is excellent...music is piff... characters are overall better and more memorable....can't wait to see how they gonna end this story. I got my theories :patrice:...unless some fukkery happens, I see why this getting 94/100 on metacritic. Beautiful evolution of the JRPG...

As a former Final Fantasy stan...they need to learn how to tell a gripping story like the brehs at Atlus...If they had that square/Enix budget :ohlawd:

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
Picked up the game on Friday. Put in 6 1/2 hours between Saturday and Sunday. I never put that much time in a 2 day period into any persona game. When I saved my game and noticed the play time I couldn't believe it and started to wonder why I like this game when none of the others in series connected with me. I think it's the overall polish of this game. Everything is incredibly well done. Even the menus look fantastic. They took the most mundane elements in video games and made them look like a work of art (even the loading screens, which by the way the loading is lightening fast in this game, look amazing). The battle system is the same from what I remember except it feels much faster paced and the interfaces are all streamlined. The music is great, the voice acting is great, and I think what has impressed me the most is the story. On the surface, as an adult, it's easy to dismiss this game because of its high school setting, but the story is VERY mature. I'm still working through the first palace and I think what has me hooked more than anything is the story. Some of the characters fall into those stereotypical anime character template in both their looks and the way they act (standard girl with pig tails and a mini skirt. Emo characters). All those things are still here but the depth of the characters themselves is much more mature. I'm very impressed with the game overall and in my 6 1/2 hours I feel like this is one of the best games this gen and is high up on the ladder of best JRPGs of all time.
:mjgrin: me and @Fatboi1 tried to tell you...

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
@Zeu$ :coffee: Revy was just like you and was bashing the game before playing it because he was bored of P4 now he saying it might be one of the best JRPGs this gen

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Finished the first palace last night. 8 1/2 hours in. I actually ended up passing the deadline because of the threat card requiring a whole day to effect the target. The game then rewinded all of my progress about one week. I went back to the palace thinking "no way are they gonna make me do all of that again!" I was actually thinking about bushing the game entirely but I loaded up my last save and was lucky enough that it put me at exactly 3 days before the deadline so I didn't really lose any progress. If it wasn't for that save I would have been furious. Moral of the story, you don't have to rush through the palace but don't take your seeet time either. It's better to finish early than to lose all of your progress. I would have had to redo several hours of gameplay if it wasn't for my save point.
happened to me 2 times before the 3rd :mjcry:

had no warning :mjcry: now i'm about to go into the 4th palace

Last edited: