Persona 4 Golden released on Steam($20)

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the anime cutscenes look crispy on my monitor

there's pretty noticeable blocky compression artifacts, and washed out contrast. I always complain about pre-rendered/animated cutscenes, but these look pretty bad. I'm not sure what their source material was, but I think they could have done better by using some modern AI upscaling methods

the ingame rendering looks very clean though, especially with 200% sampling

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Man I'm playing these Persona games backwards. :mjlol:Started with 5 and now just got this. Loving it even though I prefer 5 over it so far. Been reading up on this series and it seems most people think that Persona 3 is the best one.

Man I'm mad I slept on this for so long.:wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man I'm playing these Persona games backwards. :mjlol:Started with 5 and now just got this. Loving it even though I prefer 5 over it so far. Been reading up on this series and it seems most people think that Persona 3 is the best one.

Nah most people I've seen prefer 4. 3 may be considered to have the best story. After having played 5 already it's way better than 4 in many areas. 4's redeeming quality is the characters+story but it feels so dated.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nah most people I've seen prefer 4. 3 may be considered to have the best story. After having played 5 already it's way better than 4 in many areas. 4's redeeming quality is the characters+story but it feels so dated.

Ah I see. I saw some lists and rankings on forums and most were saying 3 but I read some more and 4 is the most popular. I'm loving it right now myself. Haven't played 3 but it looks to be a much darker game.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Alright this game lost some points with me.:stopitslime:

Teddie acting like a Pedo and the forced crossdressing. I straight skipped through that whole section:stopitslime:

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
P3 doesn't have the most endearing cast. And the impending threat is kind of in the background.

Despite all that I think it's the best story and the teams major character developments aren't locked behind ranking up their social links. Its all story relevant

Game play/presentation wise though it lags pretty far behind these days

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
when that intro song comes on, with the harmonica, my cat runs out the room every time :russ:

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps

The only people who say 3 is the best are contrarians who want to seem unique. I played the games backwards too. Platinumed P5 first, then moved on and did the same for P4G on the PSTV, then I finally moved onto P3 FES via a PS2 simulator on PC. P3 was by far the weakest entry in the modern series (not including the first 2, which I honestly don't even consider Persona games). The dungeons are crap, you can't even control your party members and the AI is shyt, the main cast and story aren't very interesting, and the social links are forgettable at best. It was the only Persona game I didn't replay after I beat it. P5 is objectively the best GAME in the series. The dungeons are leagues ahead of anything in the series until then, the gameplay mechanics are far more polished, and it has the best social links of the series. That being said, as someone who played P5 first, P4G is still my favorite. The dungeons aren't nearly as good P5's, but the main cast, the story, and the music are far superior.

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The only people who say 3 is the best are contrarians who want to seem unique. I played the games backwards too. Platinumed P5 first, then moved on and did the same for P4G on the PSTV, then I finally moved onto P3 FES via a PS2 simulator on PC. P3 was by far the weakest entry in the modern series (not including the first 2, which I honestly don't even consider Persona games). The dungeons are crap, you can't even control your party members and the AI is shyt, the main cast and story aren't very interesting, and the social links are forgettable at best. It was the only Persona game I didn't replay after I beat it. P5 is objectively the best GAME in the series. The dungeons are leagues ahead of anything in the series until then, the gameplay mechanics are far more polished, and it has the best social links of the series. That being said, as someone who played P5 first, P4G is still my favorite. The dungeons aren't nearly as good P5's, but the main cast, the story, and the music are far superior.

Yeah it's a loud minority screaming P3 is the best. I'm nearly done with P4G and I can easily see this being my favorite. P5R is superior in the dungeons and bosses and of course graphics. The story is great as well but I prefer P4G's story and cast over it. Music is equal IMO there's so many gems on both. I don't know enough of 1-3 but maybe they should get remakes so us newbies can appreciate the characters/stories. Already hyped for P6 whenever the hell that comes out lol.

AyyyLmao

All Star
Daps
Yeah it's a loud minority screaming P3 is the best. I'm nearly done with P4G and I can easily see this being my favorite. P5R is superior in the dungeons and bosses and of course graphics. The story is great as well but I prefer P4G's story and cast over it. Music is equal IMO there's so many gems on both. I don't know enough of 1-3 but maybe they should get remakes so us newbies can appreciate the characters/stories. Already hyped for P6 whenever the hell that comes out lol.

Yeah, fans have been clamoring for remakes of the first 2 games for a long time now, but they're so fundamentally different to what the series has become since P3 that they would practically be new games if Atlus ever decided to remake them. They don't have have any social links or life/school simulation like the last 3 have had. They're pretty much just run-of-the-mill dungeon crawlers that bear no resemblance to P3-P5. As for P3, it plays practically the same as P4, so it stands to reason that if Atlus ever remakes it, they would probably have to remake 4 too lol. And yeah, the P5 music is great, but P4G's is too fukking catchy. I love the saxophone on this one :wow::

ThisWorldAintRight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Yeah, fans have been clamoring for remakes of the first 2 games for a long time now, but they're so fundamentally different to what the series has become since P3 that they would practically be new games if Atlus ever decided to remake them. They don't have have any social links or life/school simulation like the last 3 have had. They're pretty much just run-of-the-mill dungeon crawlers that bear no resemblance to P3-P5. As for P3, it plays practically the same as P4, so it stands to reason that if Atlus ever remakes it, they would probably have to remake 4 too lol. And yeah, the P5 music is great, but P4G's is too fukking catchy. I love the saxophone on this one :wow::

That's one of my fav songs on there. I also really loved the P4 opening song(not the golden one, which was still cool)and many others.

The others not having social links wouldn't be a problem for me. I think one of the only weaknesses of this game is that sometimes it feels to S-Links drag on for too long. I'm not opposed to playing without them at all, though I can see how this would put people off of playing it. The protagonists of the first two look pretty cool, It'd be dope to see new HD versions. I didn't even realize you can fight Minato(P3) and Yu(P4) in P5 challenges. Their HD versions looked dope.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
when that intro song comes on, with the harmonica, my cat runs out the room every time :russ:
:mjlol:
*persona 4 music cues*

ZBkB.gif