“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, then those same people should be able to name a name. They can name DJ’s, break dancers and graffiti artist. I wonder why it’s silent on rappers. Plus, the name for the other sectors are always players coming after the birth of hip hop.

I dont think you can name every dj, dance crew, mc from way back then, but alot of the music has been influenced by pioneers that never saw the fame and fortune.

I 'mean you got videos of Vin Deisel break dancing back then. NYC is a melting pot, so you can't down play the influence of the cultures in NYC that participated in the early days of hip hop. I met old Haitian and African guys that said they were B-Boys, who used to be break dancing on the street back in the 80s.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I’m not putting him on a pedestal. I’m saying he’s more qualified to speak on something he saw firsthand compared to a bunch of us who weren’t

again with all due respect
he really isn’t qualified because decades ago he was teaching hip-hop courses at ivy league institutions, and was telling and teaching completely fabrications of the culture. One of his main points was Africa Bambaataa basically got all the gang together to stop the violence in the Bronx ….. when that was equivalently false information,

Bam was indeed a Black Spade , but had lil credibility & lil influence within the Black Spades ranking back in the early 70s

vino

Superstar
Daps
I dont think you can name every dj, dance crew, mc from way back then, but alot of the music has been influenced by pioneers that never saw the fame and fortune.

I 'mean you got videos of Vin Deisel break dancing back then. NYC is a melting pot, so you can't down play the influence of the cultures in NYC that participated in the early days of hip hop. I met old Haitian and African guys that said they were B-Boys, who used to be break dancing on the street back in the 80s.

Old videos of me playing tennis but I wasn’t a Tennis player. Just because a few dabbled and even fewer were involved doesn’t mean this wasn’t a Black American thing.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Exactly, can’t name one because Prince Markie Dee was considered the first one.

Puerto Rican may have done some break dances or graffiti but they weren’t instrumental in the meat of Hip Hop. The part that catapulted hip hop.

If Ricans were so instrumental in Black art it would have manifested elsewhere, but no..because it didn't happen.

KRS is a panderer..

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
The Fat Boys were my introduction to Hip Hop back in 1984.

Prince Markie Dee aka Mark Anthony Morales stood out to me at the time because he looked like people in my family.

IMG-8617.jpg

Then it was the movie Breakin which featured Adolfo Quiñones aka Shabba-Doo…

IMG-8618.jpg

So despite who INVENTED Hip Hop, as long as I’ve been around and a part the culture, Puerto Ricans have been involved.

:yeshrug:

RIP. to both :salute:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
he really isn’t qualified because decades ago he was teaching hip-hop courses at ivy league institutions, and was telling and teaching completely fabrications of the culture. One of his main points was Africa Bambaataa basically got all the gang together to stop the violence in the Bronx ….. when that was equivalently false information,

Bam was indeed a Black Spade , but had lil credibility & lil influence within the Black Spades ranking back in the early 70s
All I know is that when you see early hip hop footage you can see PRs all in the mix. Even if they didn’t actively participate which Idk if they did or didn’t. The crowd itself was just as important in the formation of hip hop along with every other element

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom

Well KRS, who is actaully from The Bronx in the 70's is way more qualified tp speak on Hip Hop over LA residentTariq Nashhed who just in 2018 said Kool Herc invented Hip Hop. See post #3 in this thread for further proof.

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
All I know is that when you see early hip hop footage you can see PRs all in the mix. Even if they didn’t actively participate which Idk if they did or didn’t. The crowd itself was just as important in the formation of hip hop along with every other element

Well KRS, who is actaully from The Bronx in the 70's is way more qualified tp speak on Hip Hop over LA residentTariq Nashhed who just in 2018 said Kool Herc invented Hip Hop. See post #3 in this thread for further proof.

well, I hope this 8 1/2 minute video clears this whole thing up about KRS ones supposedly credibility because these are the original Black Spades from BronxDale projects in the East Bronx

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
well, I hope this 8 1/2 minute video clears this whole thing up about KRS ones supposedly credibility because these are the original Black Spades from BronxDale projects in the East Bronx

You can post all the videos u want...I'll take KRS Ones takes on Hip Hop over Tariq Nasheed all day because Tariq is on record for trying to create a diaspora war in Hip Hop and diaspora wars don't exist on Hip Hop. KRS never once tried to create division among ethnicities....KRS was the leader of the Stop The Violence movement in Hip Hop...Nuff said