“People Who Downplay Latinos Role In Hip Hop Are SO STUPID” - KRS-One

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
Krs has made up a lot of weird stories about Hip Hop, like Bambooty “making all the gangs in NYC stop”. KRS is going off a lot of second hand knowledge no different than anybody else
:dahell:

Stop it. 2nd hand knowledge when he literally made a song called "South Bronx" in 1986 about what was actually going on In The Bronx from what he saw with his own eyes in 1976 - 1980.

Have you ever listened to the lyrics of this song?

Ray D’Angelo Harris

Silky smooth
Daps
Reppin
#dogset
What are the names of the Puerto Rican rappers?
Who were the Puerto Rican MC’s?

icegif-1152.gif

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
okay was he part of the creation of Hip hop?

SMH. Yeah, you don't know Hip Hop history at all. There's a difference between the birth of Hip Hop and when Hip Hop was established. Graffitti had it;s own culture way before it was merged with Hip Hop in the late 70's yet you never hear anyone ask stupid questions like "Was graffitti part of the creation of Hip Hop?" Just like Graffitti , Puerto Ricans were a part of Hip Hop when it was established. Keep in mind, the name "Hip Hop" wasn't even the official name when it was created.....They were calling it "jams." By the time the term "Hip Hop" became the official term, Puerto Ricans were now involved.

vino

Superstar
Daps
SMH. Yeah, you don't know Hip Hop history at all. There's a difference between the birth of Hip Hop and when Hip Hop was established. Graffitti had it;s own culture way before it was merged with Hip Hop in the late 70's yet you never hear anyone ask stupid questions like "Was graffitti part of the creation of Hip Hop?" Just like Graffitti , Puerto Ricans were a part of Hip Hop when it was established. Keep in mind, the name "Hip Hop" wasn't even the official name when it was created.....They were calling it "jams." By the time the term "Hip Hop" became the official term, Puerto Ricans were now involved.

I know everything you said. My original question was what were the Puerto Rican MC’s name? I also stated rap was the meat of hip hop and what catapulted it. You just just had preconceived ideas and a stock argument. Literally said in a previous post they played a part in the other sector but not rap/mc.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Exactly, can’t name one because Prince Markie Dee was considered the first one.

Puerto Rican may have done some break dances or graffiti but they weren’t instrumental in the meat of Hip Hop. The part that catapulted hip hop.

I don't follow what Tariq says but I believe the argument is that

Latin people, Islanders, and Africans had

nothing to do with creating Hip Hop.

Words are important. "Nothing" is one word that is being used.

Those of us who can't let that statement slide are simply saying: logic itself is enough to tell you that all they types of people were intermingled to the point where there were certainly all types of people there at the beginning of Hip Hop.

Who was instrumental and who did the majority is not really the issue.

The issue is a dumb ass grifter is saying Latin people had

nothing to do with it

And that's not a true statement.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I know everything you said. My original question was what were the Puerto Rican MC’s name? I also stated rap was the meat of hip hop and what catapulted it. You just just had preconceived ideas and a stock argument. Literally said in a previous post they played a part in the other sector but not rap/mc.

You also on record for saying Prince Markie Dee was the first PR rapper which tells me you never even saw the movie Wildstyle.

vino

Superstar
Daps
You also on record for saying Prince Markie Dee was the first PR rapper which tells me you never even saw the movie Wildstyle.

Cool, I was wrong on that but correct on the rest. I didn’t know the names Puerto Rican rappers and asked the question. That’s why I asked the question.

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
I don't follow what Tariq says but I believe the argument is that

Latin people, Islanders, and Africans had

nothing to do with creating Hip Hop.

Words are important. "Nothing" is one word that is being used.

Those of us who can't let that statement slide are simply saying: logic itself is enough to tell you that all they types of people were intermingled to the point where there were certainly all types of people there at the beginning of Hip Hop.

Who was instrumental and who did the majority is not really the issue.

The issue is a dumb ass grifter is saying Latin people had

nothing to do with it

And that's not a true statement.

Yet you aren't mentioning the Disco DJs who weren't fukking with Hip Hop in it's birth but wanted to claim being a part of it after teh fact once it became popular

You aren't mentioning how Graffitti wasn't a part of Hip Hop in it's birth as well but was later merged with the culture by the late 70's..

This argument you speak off is only one sided and fosuses on Latinos not being involved in it's birth which means that the argument is fake and contrived when that's the only thing people wanna argue about concerning what wasn't there in the beginning when there were other elements not there in the beinnning that later became apart of the culture once the culture was established,

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The Fat Boys were my introduction to Hip Hop back in 1984.

Prince Markie Dee aka Mark Anthony Morales stood out to me at the time because he looked like people in my family.

IMG-8617.jpg

Then it was the movie Breakin which featured Adolfo Quiñones aka Shabba-Doo…

IMG-8618.jpg

So despite who INVENTED Hip Hop, as long as I’ve been around and a part the culture, Puerto Ricans have been involved.

:yeshrug: