People that refuse to tip are the worst

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
that's not reality though. and some places that eliminated tipping (Joe's Crab Shack, for one) got pushback from customers and had to change back. Americans are accustomed to having people have to either grovel or work them over before getting paid, and envisioned worse service if there was simply an hourly pay

point is, the culture is what it is, and we all understand it. so either make your own food and serve it to yourself, or pay people for their services.
I'm sure their was great pushback from their customers :duck::mjlol:

consider they benefit the most off of said pushback. Did they provide receipts or did they really receive complaints from customer that their employees were getting paid too much? Why couldn't they just tip anyway? :mjlol::duck::duck::duck::duck:

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
If u dont want to tip, don't patronize places that encourage tipping. It's that simple. Go pick your own pizza up. Cook your own lunch. Go to eat anywhere u want except sit down spots. I don't understand why people have to make this so difficult

Prob would've told my boy he gon have to go home, my pizzas always get delivered in less than 30 min even when it's busy cause I always leave a tip, you just fukked my address up :stopitslime:

How u just gonna decide what I do with my own change at my house :camby:

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How do you feel about the places that include a mandatory gratuity?

That generally happens when the restaurant is serving a big party, so it’s not that much different than a surcharge. On that front, I understand. It’s more work to accommodate 12 people than 4.

I’m not against tipping. If people want to slide their server some extra cash because they feel like it, then cool. But it’s something that should be at the discretion of the consumer. In this society we make it almost mandatory, but we only apply it to certain jobs. We say it’s based off of service, but it’s really because we don’t think you get paid enough at your job.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I hate people that don’t tip. Then make a huge deal over it “ThAt’s tHEir jOb”. fukk off you cheap bytch.
So you are okay with propping up a broken system to the point of being upset with people who refuse to uphold said broken system? Interesting :mjpls:
That’s the real issue that people are underpaid. But knowing that why would somebody use the service of somebody they know relies on tips and refuse to tip? If I know I don’t wanna pay tips I’m not going to a bar I’m drinking at home
To the bolded - simply put I didn’t sign the same social contract millions of other mindless Americans have and will continue to unwittingly sign and honor. Instead I will enjoy the privilege of exploiting the broken system, keeping my money in my pocket like employers do.
If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.

Stay within your budget and order carryout, food truck, or go to fastfood if you don't want to tip.
It's established that you are supposed to tip and nearly every other type of eatery or food delivery service.

Stop being a clown, and refusing to tip. Go eat a meal at McDonald's where you can be around your fellow clown, Ronald.
Nah breh imma order $200 worth of food, drink, and dessert. I’ll pay exact change for the entirety of my meal and walk out with a full gut without the responsibility of cleaning up, serving myself, etc. thank god you and your kind will continue to uphold this stupid fukking social contract :salute:.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Was hanging with my homeboy over the weekend at his crib and we ordered a pizza. Said I got it. When the delivery came I gave him the cash and told him to let the dude keep the change

My homebody came back with the pizza and handed me my change
:dwillhuh:

Me: Yo I said let him keep it:comeon:

Him: You actually tip these nikkas?:dahell:

Me: There wasn’t a reason not to :dahell:

So we get into this whole debate about tips. Been out with this nikka 100s of times over the past couple decades. Found out he didn’t even tip bartenders. I never knew this shyt. Even tho I have seen him blow whole wads of cash on tipping strippers
:heh:

His said it’s dumb as hell to get a job that relies on tips. I said it’s even more dumb to use the services of somebody who relies on tips and then refuse to do it. Basically you a free loader. He said he should be able to go out and have a good time without the hassle of tipping people

I told him he’s a special kind of dikk head

How the coli feel about this?:jbhmm:

nikkas in the Colin love to stiff people taking care of them that mostly rely on tips

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I always tip but I didn't last night :birdman:

She took our orders and brought us drinks but I didn't see or hear from her after that. Other people brought out our food and I had to go ask the lady at the bar for the check and a to-go container :hhh:

Last edited:
Daps
Was hanging with my homeboy over the weekend at his crib and we ordered a pizza. Said I got it. When the delivery came I gave him the cash and told him to let the dude keep the change

My homebody came back with the pizza and handed me my change
:dwillhuh:

Me: Yo I said let him keep it:comeon:

Him: You actually tip these nikkas?:dahell:

Me: There wasn’t a reason not to :dahell:

So we get into this whole debate about tips. Been out with this nikka 100s of times over the past couple decades. Found out he didn’t even tip bartenders. I never knew this shyt. Even tho I have seen him blow whole wads of cash on tipping strippers

His said it’s dumb as hell to get a job that relies on tips. I said it’s even more dumb to use the services of somebody who relies on tips and then refuse to do it. Basically you a free loader. He said he should be able to go out and have a good time without the hassle of tipping people

I told him he’s a special kind of dikk head

How the coli feel about this?:jbhmm:
Key point here

if it was his own money and he was frugal and kinda broke I’d understand

but this sounds like some a$$hole behaviour

I once got tipped by a guy who’s order I mixed up during a double delivery from different restaurants I came back with his meal and apologised but he was kind enough to look the other way

I wouldn’t have even been annoyed if he gave me bad feedback since my fukk up

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
People keep saying, "only in America" and "This is an American thing"

Well yeah and we're Americans so that's part of our culture. And it's unfair because of how fukked up the payment system is but because I know how fukked up it is I always tip well. I've given $20 and $30 tips before simply because I know someone is getting paid pennies for the work they do.

It's an issue I try to alleviate, not become a part of.
Yeah this is a wack ass take. People keep claiming how much they hate certain systems, traditions, and various other parts of the cultures yet they will be the same ones doubling down to reinforce said systems. No one in 2021 is getting paid pennies to perform labor unless they are incarcerated.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps

consider they benefit the most off of said pushback. Did they provide receipts or did they really receive complaints from customer that their employees were getting paid too much? Why couldn't they just tip anyway? :mjlol::duck::duck::duck::duck:
Company research had found that 60 percent of the restaurants’ customers disliked the change in tipping, Mr. Merritt said. They wanted to inspire good service with their tips and they didn’t trust management to pass on the money to its employees, he said.

“The system has to change at some point, but our customers and staff spoke very loudly,” Mr. Merritt said. “And a lot of them voted with their feet.”

The number of customers at the no-tip locations dropped 8 percent to 10 percent on average, he said.

i mean I can't verify the shyt but they said they were doing worse business at those locations, and that market research showed customers didn't trust the new system and missed Tipping as an incentive for better service. makes sense for their customer base.

all Danny Meyer restaurants did away with tipping in NYC and it supposedly has worked quite well for them. it's all about region and who will be more receptive to the change.

as to the last part, usually restaurants that try this just ban tipping outright, to make a clean break from putting any pressure on the customer

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
That’s the real issue that people are underpaid. But knowing that why would somebody use the service of somebody they know relies on tips and refuse to tip? If I know I don’t wanna pay tips I’m not going to a bar I’m drinking at home

How you feeling about Uber/Postmates tips? I'm a standard 15-20% tipper out depending on service. But I don't know about these delivery drivers, i might order something that cost $20 and my tip is like 5. If I order something that's more 80-100 I'm not feeling tipping the driver 15% like they ask. No more work then the guy bringing the $20 order :patrice:

Of course I should probably just not be lazy and pick my shyt up

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
If u dont want to tip, don't patronize places that encourage tipping. It's that simple. Go pick your own pizza up. Cook your own lunch. Go to eat anywhere u want except sit down spots. I don't understand why people have to make this so difficult

Prob would've told my boy he gon have to go home, my pizzas always get delivered in less than 30 min even when it's busy cause I always leave a tip, you just fukked my address up :stopitslime:

How u just gonna decide what I do with my own change at my house :camby:

Exactly what I said.

How the fukk you going to be stingy with MY money? I said give them the change and you decide to bring it back? :gucci: