People that refuse to tip are the worst

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
That’s the real issue that people are underpaid. But knowing that why would somebody use the service of somebody they know relies on tips and refuse to tip? If I know I don’t wanna pay tips I’m not going to a bar I’m drinking at home

Tipping is not a requirement. It’s just a social issue where two sides argue and judge each other. It should be at the customers discretion but too many people got it in their heads that it isn’t.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The "Hunger Games" style of tipping is the worst, and really reflects an ugliness of the desire to wield power to hurt/harm others, in a perceived or actual power imbalance. I tip like 20% and don't really evaluate the service or whatever, it's just business transaction to me.

It would eliminate too many jobs, but I would actually like no servers, and electronic ordering, even at nicer places. I hate having my friends leer at waitresses, and servers, hostesses, but so many people actually like the ordering/power experience. I just want to eat, and chill, or talk to the people I am with.

Last edited:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Tipping is not a requirement. It’s just a social issue where two sides argue and judge each other. It should be at the customers discretion but too many people got it in their heads that it isn’t.
Of course it’s not a requirement. At the same time I’m not required to go out and utilize these services either

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
the juelzing some of yall go through on why you don't tip is wild

you don't have to like the system, but you know what it is:camby:

(and there are restaurants out there challenging the tip culture.
A-Restaurant-announcing-its-no-tip-policy.jpg

if you don't believe in the tip system, go exclusively patronize those restaurants. but don't whine about it and underpay people for services)

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Bunch of old heads in here tryna shame people

I go on insta bytches are bragging about $200 tips

I was at red lobster with my girl..n heard some Mexican hoe brag about how she needs to work people to get tips tonite..
Oh she’s wrong for actually trying to earn a living now?
:ohhh:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I'm in a restaurant or I get food delivered I tip the normal amount. Don't usually tip for carryout :yeshrug:

I agree that the system is dumb though. Those workers should get at least min wage like anybody else.
This would be a better debate. Who is actually tipping for carry out? If the answer is never then that means tipping is based on the service you provide . Therefore tipping should not be automatic

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So somebody whose job relies on tips shouldn’t expect a tip for good service?
:wtf:

I bet you still expect good service tho?:heh:
I'm saying they should'nt be forced to rely on the generocity of strangers like some random street performer and should instead get a proper wage from their employer.

and yes if i buy something i expect to get what i pay for. if i buy a ps5 and they try give me a messed up one because i didn't tip, i'm getting my money back. same should apply for anything i spend my money on.

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Of course it’s not a requirement. At the same time I’m not required to go out and utilize these services either

People shouldn’t be pressured to pay someone more just because the company they chose to work for pays them $2.13 an hour. If people want to tip, by all means. But the attitude that one must tip just because someone is paid a low hourly wage isn’t right.

Tipping isn’t even applied consistently for low wage service workers. Fast food workers still get paid like shyt, as do retail workers. What was supposed to be discretionary is basically required because of society feels bad for (some) poorly paid workers.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
This would be a better debate. Who is actually tipping for carry out? If the answer is never then that means tipping is based on the service you provide . Therefore tipping should not be automatic
Of course it isn’t automatic. But there have been times I ordered food and didn’t wanna pay a tip. So i went and picked it up myself

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I'm saying they should'nt be forced to rely on the generocity of strangers like some random street performer and should instead get a proper wage from their employer.

and yes if i buy something i expect to get what i pay for. if i buy a ps5 and they try give me a messed up one because i didn't tip, i'm getting my money back. same should apply for anything i spend my money on.
That’s really another debate altogether tho. Should they get higher wages so they don’t have to rely on tips? Sure. But that’s not the reality of the situation

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
People shouldn’t be pressured to pay someone more just because the company they chose to work for pays them $2.13 an hour. If people want to tip, by all means. But the attitude that one must tip just because someone is paid a low hourly wage isn’t right.

Tipping isn’t even applied consistently for low wage service workers. Fast food workers still get paid like shyt, as do retail workers. What was supposed to be discretionary is basically required because of society feels bad for (some) poorly paid workers.
How do you feel about the places that include a mandatory gratuity?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That’s really another debate altogether tho. Should they get higher wages so they don’t have to rely on tips? Sure. But that’s not the reality of the situation
I know, but if people stopped participating it would be reality. This doesn't even need legislation, if everybody simply stops tipping restaurants would be forced to pay them more to keep them from quitting. Problem solved. continuing to tip just helps the scheme continue