People that refuse to tip are the worst

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
I can definitely understand tipping based on the level of service. But I’m not gonna go out my way not to tip either

Exactly. The level of service may make a difference. I always tip at least 20% (because I'm not a bytch), but if the service was terrible, I'd reconsider.

It's a choice to go out and eat. You know that servers rely on tips (whether you agree they should be paid more or not is irrelevant here), so tip when you go out. I've been fortunate to make a great living right now, but I've been busboy and server in a restaurant, so I'll always tip.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
How do you feel about the places that include a mandatory gratuity?
They are essentially just paying their employee's more and raising prices to compensate. I have no problem with that, but it doesn't really solve the problem, just moves it to a different category. now they have to be competitive with pricing. because from my perspective its still not a tip, it's simply this places chicken plate costs $30 versus that places chicken plate is $18. Is the $30 plate that much better for me to pay more?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess I’m just generous. If I know somebody is relying on tips becuz their base pay is shyt and they give me good service I’m showing appreciation

and that's good, all I'm saying is nothing you can say is gonna make people who don't tip change their hearts and want to tip so don't worry about it lmao

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Tipping Is actually frowned upon in other countries. I don’t know why America still does it.

And also tipping was a way to make sure you got better service than the other customers. :russ: at people tipping a server more than 20% because they just did the bare minimum.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I guess I’m just generous. If I know somebody is relying on tips becuz their base pay is shyt and they give me good service I’m showing appreciation
If everybody stopped tipping they would have to increase the base pay to retain their employee's. Your "generosity" is enabling their lack of generosity.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I know, but if people stopped participating it would be reality. This doesn't even need legislation, if everybody simply stops tipping restaurants would be forced to pay them more to keep them from quitting. Problem solved. continuing to tip just helps the scheme continue
It really depends on the company. I’m sure corporate for TGI Friday’s could afford that. On the other hand you got small companies out here who can’t operate like that. One of my parents friends opened a restaurant years ago. Small spot with only one location. If he was forced to pay a $15 minimum wage he prolly would have to cut half his staff. Or drastically raise the prices. Either one isn’t good for business

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
Honestly bro sum of this is cap

if u work at restaurant and let’s say u work 20 hours a week and u made 500 off tips, likely 15-20% of that will be cash add that to the 2.15 u make on hourly wage your paychecks will be 0 dollars dam near

Some Restaurants even make u claim 5% over the bread that’s accounted for on tips jus because they kno employees get cash

They workin for they money jus like u
That’s really another debate altogether tho. Should they get higher wages so they don’t have to rely on tips? Sure. But that’s not the reality of the situation

That is the made up argument. Servers themselves do not want higher wages. Current wages + tips is higher than a standard wage. The facade of "we are poor and only make $2/hr" has been kept in place to continue tips. Servers take home more wages than somebody working the drive thru at Chick Fil A

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
It really depends on the company. I’m sure corporate for TGI Friday’s could afford that. On the other hand you got small companies out here who can’t operate like that. One of my parents friends opened a restaurant years ago. Small spot with only one location. If he was forced to pay a $15 minimum wage he prolly would have to cut half his staff. Or drastically raise the prices. Either one isn’t good for business
:jbhmm:
I could see a happy compromise for small business in this case.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get new friends. He’s a freeloader and a broke boy. Just want to show how stupid he sounds. Imagine if he wasn’t a broke boy, and he went to a really expensive restaurant around other rich people or if he rented out a booth in a club and he tells everyone there he doesn’t tip :russ: nikkas gonna look at him like he’s stupid.

mattw1313

Superstar
Daps
If everybody stopped tipping they would have to increase the base pay to retain their employee's. Your "generosity" is enabling their lack of generosity.

that's not reality though. and some places that eliminated tipping (Joe's Crab Shack, for one) got pushback from customers and had to change back. Americans are accustomed to having people have to either grovel or work them over before getting paid, and envisioned worse service if there was simply an hourly pay

point is, the culture is what it is, and we all understand it. so either make your own food and serve it to yourself, or pay people for their services.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
i don't tip

:birdman:

Those are menial jobs, doesn't take a degree or PHD to drive a damn car or carry food from the kitchen to the front. Yo act as if these people are surgeons, CEOs & mathematicians. These jobs are jobs you do when you're a teen during summer break or weekends at college not a job you do for a freaking living when you pay rent and have kids. That's why they're minimum wage jobs, they require NO skills.
Idk everybody’s situation and I won’t pretend to. They have their reasons for working the job they do