People are getting nostalgic over 2011 WWE now

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
We have to remember to not put so much stock on a few kids on twitter talking bs. I know 21 year olds that think like us, all the youngins don’t agree with that bs posted. These kids will tell you 2pac wasn’t all that ( I personally wasn’t his biggest fan) but I was there to hear him when he was alive. These kids on Twitter don’t deserve to be the voice of their generation.

also every era had its moments, that 07-2013 or so PG era gave us the hall of pain, cm punk , heel truth, the shield and the rocks return. It wasn’t all bad. It’s just that overall the corny shyt outweighed the good.

we complain now but 2020 wwe is the best it’s been in a long time. It’s no attitude era but it’s close to ruthless aggression era

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It proves that everybody has their own "back in the days when it was great"...

shyt, I remember a dude on here in 2017 was talkin' about how it wasn't good anymore like it was 10 years prior... let me say it again... he thought 2007 was when WWE was good. A year that gave us Great Khali as champ, the Cena reign of terror, Hornswoggle as Vince's son, and everydamnbody was injured or getting popped for Wellness. Oh, and Benoit killed his wife and kid. Probably the worst year of WWE in that whole decade.

Every era means somethin' to somebody. Kids who are watching and enjoying WWE right now don't give a F what our old asses think is bad booking, lol.
I’m late on this but you’re right. It’s the same as the adage that every movie is someone’s favorite movie. And also we as humans will probably always cherish the stuff we grew up with. If I was a kid in ‘11 I’d probably love that shyt too. Nothing will ever beat the moment you fall in love with something. It’s why 90s hip hop is my shyt and will continue to be my shyt

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
I don’t give a fukk what any of you have to say, Attitude Era WWF was the Golden Era of wrestling and the Ruthless Aggression Era WWE was my fukking shyt :wow:

Yeah WWE routinely fukks up with the storylines and booking but they still have all time talent and some all time events

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
I’m late on this but you’re right. It’s the same as the adage that every movie is someone’s favorite movie. And also we as humans will probably always cherish the stuff we grew up with. If I was a kid in ‘11 I’d probably love that shyt too. Nothing will ever beat the moment you fall in love with something. It’s why 90s hip hop is my shyt and will continue to be my shyt

You also should be able to go back and look at those eras objectively. The WWE in general from mid 04-2011 overall was a massive load of shyt, peppered with some gems you can seek out.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
You also should be able to go back and look at those eras objectively. The WWE in general from mid 04-2011 overall was a massive load of shyt, peppered with some gems you can seek out.

Pretty much what I did, like 10 years ago I thought 2007 was AMAZING, but the Network is almost a blessing cause I went back and watched 2007 and there's no replay value at all, pure trash outside of Cena, HBK, Punk, Taker and Batista.

I also used to think 2012 was amazing but it was not that good either. 2011 and 2013 are as advertised though.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hard to look at any piece of art objectively though. That’s my point. We try but it’s incredibly difficult. Especially when we all have different definitions on what’s dope and what’s not.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Whatever was on when you first discovered pro-wrestling> ANYTHING that followed.

1989 Survivor Series -> 1990 Rumble-> Wrestlemania VI

No three PPV run will beat this period for me. EVER.

thst Dusty/Macho Man/Sapphire/Sherri fukkery at mania 6 was :bryan: :banderas:

I’d argue next year was better tho

Survivor Series 90 when Million dollar man debuted the Undertaker

RR 91 Savage cost Warrior the title

Mania 7 Savage vs Warrior by far one of the most epic matches and rivalries of all time

plus that was technically the beginning of Bret singles career or ending of his tag one at least

Mr Perfect vs Boss Man was dope too

best thing about late 89- mania 6 was Savage and Zeus imo

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Hard to look at any piece of art objectively though. That’s my point. We try but it’s incredibly difficult. Especially when we all have different definitions on what’s dope and what’s not.

While true, I don’t see how people could think Natalya farting, Million Dollar giveaways, Hornswoggle, 06-10 DX, or Christian losing nearly every single match against Orton/Sheamus despite having good matches were dope.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
While true, I don’t see how people could think Natalya farting, Million Dollar giveaways, Hornswoggle, 06-10 DX, or Christian losing nearly every single match against Orton/Sheamus despite having good matches were dope.
Yeah neither do I but that’s what childhood is lol. Pretty sure there are plenty of old heads who would say they don’t see how I could watch wrestling in the late 90s and say it’s dope

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I was to busy watching TNA, botchamania at the time WWE was dead for me I was only rocking with the rocks return.