People are getting nostalgic over 2011 WWE now

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Yup

And people always ask "Who the hell will kids remember from this era? Who the hell are the nostalgia legends they gonna bring back in 20 years time? Wrestling doesnt have any pop culture connection" and Im like theres ALWAYS gonna be people

The fact that Batista and Rey Mysterio are legends from the Ruthless Aggression era with mainstream recognition tells you every era watches, people acting like guys from the New Generation were mainstream tells you

So they'll be people in 15 years talmbout the Shield, Daniel Bryan, The Women's Evolution, Brock, Finn Balor, CM Punk, NXT, The Bullet Club, ROH/New Japan, Elite etc etc era was better

Hell they'll think its a golden era lololol

Actually they might be right too:ehh:

I'm actually worried about this new generation because of cord cutting. Even back in 2011 it wasn't as prominent but I think there's a gap of new kids finding wrestling from like 2014 until they go to FOX.

If you don't have an older cousin, parent or uncle to introduce wrestling to you, it's hard to just stumble on to it like it was in the 90s and 2000s.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
:sadbron:Man I just hope 20 years from now the kids will look back at #SnitchGang fondly and I don't become an angry cat yelling at the clouds....

Elder Future Me:
But+why+would+you+ever+want+to+shave+off+your+_258e86da5d37182bd8ce83cccd44c187.jpg
BACK IN MY DAY SNITCHIN' WAS COOL!

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I'm actually worried about this new generation because of cord cutting. Even back in 2011 it wasn't as prominent but I think there's a gap of new kids finding wrestling from like 2014 until they go to FOX.

If you don't have an older cousin, parent or uncle to introduce wrestling to you, it's hard to just stumble on to it like it was in the 90s and 2000s.

See I think to the contrary

Wrestling is not popping on tv and in live attendance but its strong on the internet and social media. New Japan and WWE are constantly trending on twitter and popping up on memes (RKO, gifs etc) and Im always surprised to see people following wrestling I dont think they would incliuding key social media influencers and Youtube reactors

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
See I think to the contrary

Wrestling is not popping on tv and in live attendance but its strong on the internet and social media. New Japan and WWE are constantly trending on twitter and popping up on memes (RKO, gifs etc) and Im always surprised to see people following wrestling I dont think they would incliuding key social media influencers and Youtube reactors

For wrestling’s sake I hope you’re right.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
If you were 10 in 2011, you're 18 now.

Yup. The nostalgia train is never late. Even for trash.

And depending on your age, 8 years is a looooonnnng ass time. Your whole life can flip around in half that time. When I was 12, I couldn't responsibly manage $50. By the time I was 20, I had my own apartment, was paying bills, and was already reminiscing about shyt from the 90s. So much can change in that time when you're young. When you get older, 8 years ain't shyt cause you've settled into life.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
There's definitely some nostalgia involved because I was still in junior high back in 2011. That was one of the last years I tuned in every week to watch the shows. Watching PPVs live was still something impossible. I remember trying to see if I could get into a streaming site to watch SummerSlam on my PSP. :mjlol:

I said this before, but in 2011, it felt like RAW was just throwing anything at the wall and seeing what stuck. The most unlikely people (R-Truth, Alex Riley) were getting pushes and title shots. They had the commentators feud and compete at WrestleMania. Titles were still being passed around like the remote. Every week was like car crash TV with everything they were doing. It was entertaining. :yeshrug:

2011 was the last time SmackDown mattered until the brand split came back. :wow:

Undertaker was still capable of putting on a WrestleMania classic. :mjcry:

CM Punk became a permanent main eventer. :wow:

Daniel Bryan was taken seriously for the first time. :wow:

The Hall of Pain. :wow:

Both world championships felt equally important. :wow:

2011 wasn't perfect (shytty WrestleMania, Punk's initial buzz being killed at SummerSlam) but it was one of the last times the WWE felt must-see before reality hit and they started making all these changes to the product.