People actually liked the Joker depiction in Suicide Squad?!?

Goombreh

Superstar
Daps
He was alright to me. We need him in the Batman movie fighting him while Purple Lamborghini plays in background :banderas:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Cuz Lex was never written as some twisted, joke cracking kid genius before. To my knowledge at least :yeshrug:

We can do a list of traits both actors showed on film, and I can guarantee you Leto's depiction did it more justice than Jesse's Lex.

As much as I loved Heath's Joker, that got people to believe Joker was all of a sudden a loner than got shyt done with little to no help :snoop:

Nolan's films were good, but most of the characters were far off from there comic counter parts.

How the hell was Heaths Joker far off from the comic counterparts,if this one aint:dahell:?i cant debate the comics wit u,but i still know that to be a bold face lie based on the fact Letos joker wasnt not one bit funny:mjlol:?i dont think i even remember an attempt at him tellin jokes,i remember him doing creepy shyt...so i guess Lex was a better Lex AND Joker than Leto was off that alone:laff:

And i remember Lex cracking jokes in the old superman movies,he didnt come off as geeky and wasnt a "kid"...but im pretty sure dude playin Lex is a grown ass man and probaly close to 30,so if you saw him as a kid maybe it was due to his small stature.

Leto did 0 justice to the character,and even though i cant for sure say he didnt fit more characteristics,that doesnt mean shyt if you dont manage to actually pull it off....you okay with all the different comic depictions,but not sumbody taking some libertys in movies?the basic element and namesake for the joker was not on display in this movie,where was the jokester breh:mindblown:

If Lex was a dummy who was living in poverty you might have a point,but Lex at least fit the basic damn core of the character....Leto was just embarrasing from all angles:mjlol:

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
when i first saw it i thought he was ok but after watching the extended one i sorta agree it was a lil too over the top....the part where he puts his hand over his mouth to show the grinning tat while he laughed was cringe worthy to me :huhldup: and having him be a ginormous simp was ridiculous. Why on earth would the joker of all ppl be sitting in a room sulking looking like he lost his puppy just waiting for details on harley. That whole scene was dumb af

Yeah dude wasn't a simp in comic but theshe changed all that

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Leto fanboys :mjlol:

He can't act :umad:

It was like watching a cosplayer trying to play The Joker in Suicide Squad :scust:

That scene with the knives where he's asking for Harley :laff:
article-0-1C03D26200000578-644_634x812.jpg

:umad:

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Cuz Lex was never written as some twisted, joke cracking kid genius before. To my knowledge at least :yeshrug:

We can do a list of traits both actors showed on film, and I can guarantee you Leto's depiction did it more justice than Jesse's Lex.

As much as I loved Heath's Joker, that got people to believe Joker was all of a sudden a loner than got shyt done with little to no help :snoop:

Nolan's films were good, but most of the characters were far off from there comic counter parts.

Why the hell y'all keep talking about "loner"? @Prodigal Syndicate seems to have misinterpreted my OP and y'all been running with this "loner" shyt throughout the thread. Which is silly because TDK Joker wasn't even a loner, he had mad goons with him both the crazies and the mob goons.

What was "alone" about him was his thought process and the fact that he was so far gone in his own world that he can't function in normal social situations...which is what every (good) depiction of the Joker shows.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I respect your opinion, but I had no problem with this version.

It's funny, cuz these dudes keep bringing up Ledger's joker when his depiction wasn't that on point as well. When TDK dropped people actually complained about his Joker not being true to the character when they looked past his great performance.

Joker doesn't have goons? Never rolled with a gang :mjlol:

These people complaining need to pick up a comic book instead of flocking to the most popular source material out there of dude.

These same dudes are prob the crybabies that claimed Batman was too mean in BVS :heh:
Minus the grill and tats Letos Joker was basically Frank Miller's(DKR, All Star) Joker to a T. It's glaringly obvious(all the way down to the lipstick). So yea a lot of people don't know what they're talking about

The bad acting and obvious dedication to making him (like the rest of the movie) look music video cool ruined it

Whenever the Joker is seen in any medium shyt is supposed to be tense or hilarious or both. Leto's Joker was neither on top of being straight cringe worthy at times (The smile tattoo with that wack ass laugh:scust:)

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
He was aight to me but asking common to fukk his girl:scust:

He kills people for laughs but him being a chuckhole or into three ways is the disgusting part. :dead:
:dahell:

He was clearly doing/saying that to fukk with Common's mind.
He was heated at the sight of his woman in other dude's arms.
gif-harley-quinn-jared-leto-joker-Favim.com-4700963.gif

Common knew he was dead when the Joker told him he could have Harley. :mjlol:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
I dont get it wasnt the whole point of harley staying with the squad because of jokers over abusiveness? But then she just forgives him again at the end? How did the original helicopter scene go? He tosses her out of the helicopter?

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
I dont get it wasnt the whole point of harley staying with the squad because of jokers over abusiveness? But then she just forgives him again at the end? How did the original helicopter scene go? He tosses her out of the helicopter?
nah she only went back with the squad because she thought joker died in the helicopter crash. There relationship is always like that, joker is hella abusive, harley gets mad every once in awhile but then she'll come back cuz she literally "crazy in love".....the helicopter scene wasnt changed to my knowledge