People actually liked the Joker depiction in Suicide Squad?!?

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Threads like this just prove how much people are tied to one version of the character. People comparing Leto's version to Ledger's prob aren't even into comics like that. Joker has been written in so many ways. SS isn't the first time this has happened.
Joker is prob my fav fictional character and I think Leto is a great actor but his Joker was horrendous

I don't even mind the look as much as a lot of people, especially when all of his wardrobe came directly from comics

He was just a bad, trying waaaay too hard ass Joker

It was bad cosplay levels of acting

Last edited:

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The little of Leto's Joker made me wish they gave him more screentime to cook:lupe::feedme:

It was an interesting interpretation but he was given so little to work with that the whole character felt utterly wasted.

When Affleck cooks up a well written part for him tho:banderas:
tumblr_ogq3bqVPxV1tysvr9o1_500.gif

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I will admit that Leto the actor isn't naturally funny or great at improv. So he really needs a good script.

Thought he was good in the extended cut. However, as an actor he works better in the quiet moments.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was absolutley horrible,worst then Apacolypse:mjlol:

I dont see how he fits in with this universe either,from what ive heard about the story line where Joker is some sick demented freak raping Batgirl and killing Robin:dahell:?isnt that whats supposed to come next?

All i see is some corny ass chump,with alot of money who can afford to act out,we supposed to be scared of Affluenza Joker:mjlol:?this is the man Batman will have a lifelong phsycological battle with:beli:?he supposed to rape and kill women?....all i can imagine him saying is "no women no kids!".

Being a cuckhold,sitting on mens laps getting too close for comfort:scust:?worst villian portrayl arguably in movie history....how the hell people hate Lex Luthor but aint goin in on this joker:mindblown:

Platinum chains,grills,lambos?they tried everything they could to make him cooler to a young audience which made him even cornier....he was a gumbo pot of everything try hard,if somebody was trying too hard in 2009:laff:

Laughing stock of villian cinema,yall the same chumps who rode Bane to no end?im thinking of all the villians yall trashed only to sit here acting like this Joker was anything good....he couldve beat Harley up on multiple occasions but it wouldnt have been believeable in the least,still wouldve come off as some rich emo cac throwing a tantrum....not seeing a mad man at all,not seeing an ounce of charisma that would make it likely anybody would follow him from Harley to these goons,outside of him having money.

Leto is garbage and should be killed off as some sort of Joker wanna be who Harley was passing off her time with until the real Joker came back:snoop:

Will was the best part about the movie,and cant lie i thought he would be the worst....on the brightside Ben sucks too so him and Leto should fit well together,hes not as bad as Leto or Cavill.

DC is fukked,and im not a Dc hater at all.....they just truly in trouble due to they casting directors not having a clue:francis:

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
The entire movie was objectively trash
Poor editing, confusing story.
Will Smith was the best thing about it when I thought he would be the worst.
He really did a good job.
no he wasn't that nikka was will smith not deadshot damn nikka like expand your acting jesus. nikka was basically all his tough guy/badass characters he's done before no depth or nothin. wack af

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Joker is prob my fav fictional character and I think Leto is a great actor but his Joker was horrendous

I don't even mind the look as much as a lot of people

He was just a bad, trying waaaay too hard ass Joker

It was bad cosplay levels of acting
I respect your opinion, but I had no problem with this version.

It's funny, cuz these dudes keep bringing up Ledger's joker when his depiction wasn't that on point as well. When TDK dropped people actually complained about his Joker not being true to the character when they looked past his great performance.

Joker doesn't have goons? Never rolled with a gang :mjlol:

These people complaining need to pick up a comic book instead of flocking to the most popular source material out there of dude.

These same dudes are prob the crybabies that claimed Batman was too mean in BVS :heh:

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
How the hell people hate Lex Luthor but aint goin in on this joker:mindblown:
Cuz Lex was never written as some twisted, joke cracking kid genius before. To my knowledge at least :yeshrug:

We can do a list of traits both actors showed on film, and I can guarantee you Leto's depiction did it more justice than Jesse's Lex.

As much as I loved Heath's Joker, that got people to believe Joker was all of a sudden a loner than got shyt done with little to no help :snoop:

Nolan's films were good, but most of the characters were far off from there comic counter parts.