People actually liked the Joker depiction in Suicide Squad?!?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
:mindblown:

You don't understand joker AT ALL. and you're contradicting yourself

Look at jack Nicholson joker.

latest

how-jared-leto-became-the-12th-man-to-play-the-joker.jpg

Yeah such huge difference in hair :skip: only real difference is leto hairline isn't flabby and sick

Look at him. he's clean cut. hair brushed back. he looks cleaner than letos joker for fukks sakes.

He also had a fukking gang that he hung out with in Burton film.

Again,you people have made up a version of Joker in your head and you sound like you've literally made an idea of what joker is supposed to be in your head that is factually wrong. He's not "supposed" to be anything especially not a loner. That's just a one version of him of which there is many including one with tattoos in comics.

rs-and-The-Jokers-Gang-1988.jpg

The fact you bring up the other 2 film versions let's me know off top you're full of shyt anyway.

Films and comics aren't beholden to stiff rules that you made up or anybody made up. It's a fluid medium with a shyt ton of variations and changes to characters.
Bruh. Good for you. It's still a shytty Joker

Big Blue

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
:mindblown:

You don't understand joker AT ALL. and you're contradicting yourself

Look at jack Nicholson joker.

latest

how-jared-leto-became-the-12th-man-to-play-the-joker.jpg

Yeah such huge difference in hair :skip: only real difference is leto hairline isn't flabby and sick

Look at him. he's clean cut. hair brushed back. he looks cleaner than letos joker for fukks sakes.

He also had a fukking gang that he hung out with in Burton film.

Again,you people have made up a version of Joker in your head and you sound like you've literally made an idea of what joker is supposed to be in your head that is factually wrong. He's not "supposed" to be anything especially not a loner. That's just a one version of him of which there is many including one with tattoos in comics.

rs-and-The-Jokers-Gang-1988.jpg

The fact you bring up the other 2 film versions let's me know off top you're full of shyt anyway.

Films and comics aren't beholden to stiff rules that you made up or anybody made up. It's a fluid medium with a shyt ton of variations and changes to characters.
Ok Breh, so Leto's Joker was shytty in a "different", "unique" way.

Smashius Clay

The Millennium Brotha I Be
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Perpetual World Traveler
I think the point is you're supposed to be scared or creeped out by the joker's mere presence on screen.

I was lookin' at this nikka the whole time like I would slap the shyt outta him if he was there with me. His goons are more scary than he is. He looks like one of those goth faggits from highschool.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Joker gives no fukks about anyone except Joker. No matter the year. No matter the iteration. That's the character.
What ? In a sense your right that he'll always save himself but he always cares about batman and he always has henchmen who work with him be they goons or crazy people . He's actually more like Leto joker than heaths' joker

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
What ? In a sense your right that he'll always save himself but he always cares about batman and he always has henchmen who work with him be they goons or crazy people . He's actually more like Leto joker than heaths' joker
Nah breh. I think Heath's Joker was pretty accurate to what were used to in the comics. Leto's wasn't terrible personality wise when it comes to portraying the character....it was just a shytty joker

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Joker is apt for different interpretations. Always has been, always will be. Each interpretation in film or tv carries some of the comic characters traits but even those traits can change from writer to writer or era to era. It's not weird at all for him to be a mob boss because he's definitely been one in the comics before and in other film interpretations. You can play the joker as either the life of the party or the guy who wants to destroy the entire party but either way there's always a danger about him

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Joker is apt for different interpretations. Always has been, always will be. Each interpretation in film or tv carries some of the comic characters traits but even those traits can change from writer to writer or era to era. It's not weird at all for him to be a mob boss because he's definitely been one in the comics before and in other film interpretations. You can play the joker as either the life of the party or the guy who wants to destroy the entire party but either way there's always a danger about him
Nah breh.

Characters only are supposed to be that one way I liked that I saw in a cartoon growing up in the 90s :ufdup:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Nah breh.

Characters only are supposed to be that one way I liked that I saw in a cartoon growing up in the 90s :ufdup:

Ah that's right I keep forgetting this is a board full of experts who only use one piece of material to cite and inform that expertise. My b, I forgot where I was

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Ah that's right I keep forgetting this is a board full of experts who only use one piece of material to cite and inform that expertise. My b, I forgot where I was
Spider man 90s cartoon on fox is the only true canon :ufdup:

Whenever I see spider man in the film's throwing punches instead of bear hugging enemies :ufdup:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spider man 90s cartoon on fox is the only true canon :ufdup:

Whenever I see spider man in the film's throwing punches instead of bear hugging enemies :ufdup:

Also, any time he lands on a building and there are birds around, I cry foul. Plus, we all know the hobgoblin is the first goblin, not the green goblin. And Peter never dated anyone but MJ. Ever.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Bruh. Good for you. It's still a shytty Joker
Ok Breh, so Leto's Joker was shytty in a "different", "unique" way.
Y'all are entitled to your opinion.

If you didn't like him so be it.

But I hate when people post false shyt out of a place of arrogant ignorance about the way a character is supposed to be just because that's the way they want it.

Characters in comic films or books should be judged on what they are,not what someone WANTS them to be.

There's nothing wrong with preferring a certain interpretation but I can't stand when people say the character is supposed to be one way when there exists decades of source material where tons of variations exist.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Y'all are entitled to your opinion.

If you didn't like him so be it.

But I hate when people post false shyt out of a place of arrogant ignorance about the way a character is supposed to be just because that's the way they want it.

Characters in comic films or books should be judged on what they are,not what someone WANTS them to be.

There's nothing wrong with preferring a certain interpretation but I can't stand when people say the character is supposed to be one way when there exists decades of source material where tons of variations exist.

Exactly. Let's take Tobey in spider man for example. I don't like his interpretation. His Peter is fine but his spider man sucks. But it's just that, one interpretation out of 60 years worth of interpretation. Some people prefer Stan Lee's version. Some prefer Conway. Some prefer McFarlane. Some prefer Bendis or Slott. The basic fundamentals of the character exist in all of these versions but which versions you like or don't like depends on your own personal taste.

Most cats on here worship The Dark Knight Returns but Miller's version of the Joker in that is different from what was in the comics before it. He had a take on what this character would look like in the world he created. It's different from O'Neil's version and Finger's version and Snyder's version but the basic traits are there.

This version of the joker we have now isn't Nicholson or Hamil or Romero or Ledger but he's got traits of all four of them with his own additions to the character that need to work in the universe created. And for my money, it does.

Edit: Scott Snyder, not Zack. Figured I needed to clarify for all of you avid non comic readers who are experts on them

Last edited: